Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed school throughout, I knew a decent cross section of people who hung out in different groups of friends so rarely found myself a target of anyone because I always knew someone else they got on with. College I enjoyed even more, Uni sucked though as we've often discussed.

Comment

I hated school and couldn't wait to get out, me and the daughter often talk about what it was like for me growing up and she can't believe the lack of homework I used to get, let alone the quantity I used to actually do.

We do share some things, we hardly see her as she's in her bedroom most of the time, from the age of about nine my parents hardly saw me either but I was out with my mates, computers and consoles only really appeared after I started to work - excluding the Grandstand/Pong machines.

A week after leaving school in 1981 at sixteen I was in a job and have worked ever since without any breaks in employment - lucky I know, I've no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        This!
        Are you me?!
        QC and Prinny 20 years ago:

Comment

THERE'S FOOTBALL ON THE TELEVISION TONIGHT!!!!!

Comment

Sticking a picture on a piece of paper to the screen doesn't count.

Comment

Wife lost her job.

Comment

Oh **** sorry to hear that mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                  Wife lost her job.
                  Oh man. sorry to hear that.. Am on the verge of losing mine as well, 20 years with the same company , dodged the bullet a few times but looks like my time is up.

F**k knows what am going to do if it happens

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                    Oh man. sorry to hear that.. Am on the verge of losing mine as well, 20 years with the same company , dodged the bullet a few times but looks like my time is up.

F**k knows what am going to do if it happens
                    I really hope that doesn't happen G.

Comment

Thanks Z, so do I..

Funny thing is after the last payoffs ( 4 years ago) I've been sensible with money, paying extra into the morgage etc etc, but with 2 kids ,money seems to never last long.

fingers crossed i miss this round again

Comment

I've lost my job twice in the past. After that I have a permanent fear of losing it again. I think it's just the state of things these days. Sucks.

Comment

Gutted to hear it Zaki, but on the plus side we now have a shared 'partners getting made redundant' day!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Gutted to hear it Zaki, but on the plus side we now have a shared 'partners getting made redundant' day!
                            Ah crap! Yours too?!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, guys. My wife is currently carrying my household so I’d have no idea what we’d do if she lost that job.

Comment

Seriously sucks Zaki and Fuse! I've felt like everything I do at work recently has just been wrong and concerns if they cut down staff I'm near the top of the list right now. Just got to get my **** together, dentists will all be cutting down jobs more than taking staff on so if the worst should happen I'd be really screwed!

I've got bridezilla fever brewing but its not me that has the problem/ issues, its mother of the bride.

She has been sat thinking on what to wear for months now and was thinking between colours and designs on a website. Bloke's mum just called me excitedly saying she had picked her outfit which sounds a bit brighter in colour scheme than we had planned but as long as she looks nice and is dressed appropriately for a wedding its all good.

Mum does NOT like the sound of it and, to be frank, has been very rude about it, especially how she should have gotten to chose her outfit first. Out of my hands really but she has had months to decide and she was pretty confident on colour. Anyways, to cut a long story short I've asked her what does she expect me to do about it and if she wants to dictate what the mother of the groom wears be my guest, I've washed my hands of the situation. TBH my mum is so fussy she would have found anything wrong in what she wears. She is expecially grumpy as she had another operation yesterday and is a bit of a negative ninny and wanted a bit of a grumble on the phone at my expense. She doesn't like my flower ideas, she doesn't like how I don't know how I want my hair (not had a chance to have a trial day so not been able to trial anything), she doesn't like the fact I just bought a sofa on credit, she doesn't like the fact I've not made any plans for the hen party because frankly I don't know if I'm still having a full blown wedding and honeymoon right now so its not on my priority list.
                                Not a pleasant phone call and I just feel overwhelmed with things I don't know or can't do anything about.

What can I do if anything? I just don't want to deal with it, its put me in a bad mood.
                                I'm off to get measured for my dress this weekend which is supposed to be a special occasion but I have to do it on my own and it sucks, especially as I have to wear 'proper' shoes with a heel which suck, at least for the ceremony and cutting the cake and photos. I may just go bear foot or wear my sparkly trainers underneath inbetween like most my friends did (my mum doesn't like the sound of that either)

Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X