No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an uncommon sentiment, it's a bit too primitive for most people these days and there is a lot of crap/games that have aged badly but there's fun to be had if you like score attack games.
    Last edited by Cepp; 20-08-2018, 19:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Not an uncommon sentiment, it's a bit too primitive for most people these days and there is a lot of crap/games that have aged badly but there's fun to be had if you like score attack games.
      Some 2600 games have an abstract charm that appeals to me, but the gameplay also needs to grab me. I do find some 2600 games quite hypnotically addictive.

Comment

I’m now the happy owner of a SuperGrafx! I don’t think I have ever even seen one in the plastic so to now actually have one is fantastic.

(Click photos to enlarge)

Paired with a Super SD System 3 I’m in PCE nirvana. Loading times are so quick and the video output crisp and bright on my plasma.
        Last edited by CMcK; 21-08-2018, 08:03.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          I’m now the happy owner of a SuperGrafx! I don’t think I have ever even seen one in the plastic so to now actually have one is fantastic.

(Click photos to enlarge)

Paired with a Super SD System SD 3 I’m in PCE nirvana. Loading times are so quick and the video output crisp and bright on my plasma.
          Congratulations on the buy. These things are becoming very expensive in Japan. I've had two in the past but stupidly sold both. The exclusive games are not the best but the console its self is deffinetly a talking piece. Such an odd design.

Comment

I got one of these too, but sadly mine was missing the small flap on the unused expansion port. Looks awesome though!

Comment

Google for Smokemonster Super Grafx fix for a simple preventative measure you should perform on your wicked console :-)

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll have a look at the Smokemonster video and see what’s what.

Comment

Chopped mine down tonight

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                    Glad you’re happy, hopefully it’ll get the use it deserves now...

How are you finding the Avenue 3? Or do you prefer the stock controller?

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                      Glad you’re happy, hopefully it’ll get the use it deserves now...

How are you finding the Avenue 3? Or do you prefer the stock controller?
                      I’m not using the pad at all. I’m sticking with my Asciiware stick which has just been serviced for the SuperGrafx arriving.

Comment

What stick is that Craig?

Comment

It's this one -

It doesn't have nice clicky microswitches but it reacts quickly to inputs so is handy for shmups. Nice sturdy metal base too.
                          I also have the Master System version as well which looks almost identical but has orange buttons instead. And a handy little A>B, B>A selector switch. Playing the Japanese version of Alex Kidd with buttons mapped the opposite way is weird. The switch lets you swap them round.

Comment

Quite fancy myself a PC Engine CoreGrafx. Is there any issue with opting with one of these over a standard white PCE, or is it just a Mega Drive II type situation? I prefer the grey and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Quite fancy myself a PC Engine CoreGrafx. Is there any issue with opting with one of these over a standard white PCE, or is it just a Mega Drive II type situation? I prefer the grey and blue.
                              The white PC Engine is the worst one. As standard it only offers RF video out. Get yourself the Core Grafx or Core Grafx 2. They're basically the same system besides the design.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                The white PC Engine is the worst one. As standard it only offers RF video out. Get yourself the Core Grafx or Core Grafx 2. They're basically the same system besides the design.
                                They're SO much easier when modding for RGB too, given that you can swap the 5 pin DIN out for an 8 pin one and have it look factory.

Comment

Working...
                                X