No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NA system with UK psu. Not modded but that's fine for now, 95% of my games are US anyway.

Megaman Legends no longer has the audio sync issues it had on my PAL modded PS2

Comment

There’s just something really nice about the original PS, I’ll always have great memories of importing my Japanese system on release.

Comment

Yeah it has a classic look to it, probably my favourite looking (and favourite in general) Sony system really.

I got mine with Rayman and RE Directors Cut after playing Ridge Racer, Tekken, Crash...etc at friends houses. Didn't own too many games though until my dad got it chipped, then it was off to the neighbours house round the corner or the Colloseum in Manchester to check out the latest lists and discover a ton of new games, genres and import exclusives.

Link up gaming playing C&C Retaliation with friends as well. Not the most optimal way to play an RTS but damn it was fun.

Comment

Good job you went with an NA system, a Japanese system cannot boot other regions when chipped.

Comment

Wasn't aware of that, I was considering picking up a JP unit as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
              Wasn't aware of that, I was considering picking up a JP unit as well!
              Yeah, it isn't too widely known. It seems as if something was implemented into the Japanese BIOS to prevent this from happening due to the exploit that was possible in the Japanese launch machine. An early 1000 is the only one that can boot non Japanese software when modded.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Layer Section is bloody amazing. Get it going in MAME or something
                It is indeed amazing, one of my favourite ever shooters. I had it on the Saturn but sold off my whole collection a good few years ago. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get it running on MAME properly.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  An early 1000 is the only one that can boot non Japanese software when modded.
                  Or grab a NTSC-J HK machine. Sorts out the 60hz issue plus can be modded for all regions.

Comment

New but retro!

Very impressed so far, very easy to use.

Comment

That's the kind of addon I'd buy a PC Engine for! I'd love it if they could do something similar for the MegaCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                        That's the kind of addon I'd buy a PC Engine for! I'd love it if they could do something similar for the MegaCD.
                        That would be amazing but I don’t think it would be easy. The PCE CD doesn’t add much hardware to the system unlike the Mega-CD. Maybe a CD-ROM emulator that could sit in between a MD and the M-CD? And there’s the added complication of the various model of MD and M-CD and how they combine.

Comment

Amiga 2000 with a gvp SCSI controller and a pretty good condition commodore 1081 crt monitor and an original commodore joystick!

Comment

Pics to follow

Comment

Put a pic in the set up thread, but need to post a bit of retro forum joy as well!

Comment

Still not sent mine back yet, couldn’t get an answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X