No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that the bc is baked into the hardware i would of figured that was the case but it did need clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...patible-on-ps5
      Sony clarifies the backwards compatibility function of the Playstation 5

It will play the majority of the PS4 library, not just the majority of its top 100 titles
      That's good, there's a few PS4 games I never got round to playing like Fist of the North Star that I would like to play on a PS5 if I get one.

Comment

My big concern again with PS5 is the heat and noise issue PS4 had. My launch PS4 unit was ok until it got clogged with dust, then it died 3 months after i gave it a deep cleaning.

Pro died in warranty, got a new one from Sony, 2nd pro was so noisy I sent it back, 3rd pro is also so noisy its just not acceptable.

With Sony clocking the chips the way they have with ps5 ill be monitoring this issue closely, if theres even a hint of overheating or noise with the units ill be skipping until the issue is sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          My big concern again with PS5 is the heat and noise issue PS4 had. My launch PS4 unit was ok until it got clogged with dust, then it died 3 months after i gave it a deep cleaning.

Pro died in warranty, got a new one from Sony, 2nd pro was so noisy I sent it back, 3rd pro is also so noisy its just not acceptable.

With Sony clocking the chips the way they have with ps5 ill be monitoring this issue closely, if theres even a hint of overheating or noise with the units ill be skipping until the issue is sorted.
          He did talk about having a variable CPU to try and manage the heat and noise. We will see.
          Does the Series X have an external PSU like the previous consoles do we know? That helps greatly with noise levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Does the Series X have an external PSU like the previous consoles do we know? That helps greatly with noise levels.
            No like with the One X, the PSU for the Series X is internal.

Comment

My Pro has died and come back from the dead once already, but feels (and sounds) like it could go again any time. Microsoft have proven with the X they can make powerful+neat+quiet (and hopefully reliable in the long run ).

Comment

Coming to PS5 and PS4, Quantum Error

Comment

This seem rather odd. Apparently (pinch of salt), there will be add ons that increases the TF count of the console.

Comment

This seem rather odd. Apparently (pinch of salt), there will be add ons that increases the TF count of the console.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/...eraflops_count
                    You know what day it is today, right?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      You know what day it is today, right?
                      Oh FFS.

Comment

Oh FFS.
                        At me being obvious or your calendar fail?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          At me being obvious or your calendar fail?
                          That I fell for it.

Comment

Terafloppy disks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Terafloppy disks lol.
                              Just don't.
                              I'll diminish and go West, to the undying lands.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X