Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scalpers are banned now in Ireland. Got to sell tickets for face value if you have to sell them on at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      re: scalpers, I'm a big fan of sites like Dice trying to tackle the problem -

https://blog.dice.fm/dice-vs-touts-a...e-aa190b92eeea
      Mobile-first — Mobile, secure tickets locked to smartphones are hassle-free for fans but a nightmare for touts. We like it that way.

Refunds/ Waiting List — Touts love sold out shows. Supply and demand means this is where they can make the most profit. Tickets to sold out shows on DICE can be returned through the app and given to a genuine fan on the DICE Waiting List.

Machine Learning — We use machine learning and traditional sleuth methods to closely monitor DICE for any evidence of suspicious behaviour. If we suspect anyone is trying to cheat the system, they’re banned from DICE. It’s that simple.

All good things.

Comment

Static Electric Shocks

Comment

Writing reports for kids and 3 colleagues so far have stood aghast at my ‘turns of phrase’. Saying they are ‘ruthless’ and ‘you can’t say things like that man.’

Since when did accuracy and honesty fall victim to pussyfooting? How depressing. It’s not like I called the kid in question a twat, which, by rights, I should.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Writing reports for kids and 3 colleagues so far have stood aghast at my ‘turns of phrase’. Saying they are ‘ruthless’ and ‘you can’t say things like that man.’

Since when did accuracy and honesty fall victim to pussyfooting? How depressing. It’s not like I called the kid in question a twat, which, by rights, I should.
            I remember years ago, an old retiring teacher writing totally scathing reports of kids and their behaviour. Rather than the usual generic pap, he refused to alter them and the head of dept, had to write them all again

Comment

My entire school population was completely Ruthless.

(It was an all boys school)

Comment

The lies you have to write bring the profession into disrepute as far as I’m concerned. It’s quibbling over semantics at best, and does everyone a disservice at worst. If my kid is a lazy little bitch, I want to know. Then I can sort it out. Otherwise, I’m a crap parent who is normalising bull****-driven underachievement and a lousy attitude. Guess I’m in the minority. It’s why we have a generation of overly-precious parents and spineless kids who cave at the first sign of challenge and can’t take an ounce of criticism for the purpose of betterment.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  The lies you have to write bring the profession into disrepute as far as I’m concerned. It’s quibbling over semantics at best, and does everyone a disservice at worst. If my kid is a lazy little bitch, I want to know. Then I can sort it out. Otherwise, I’m a crap parent who is normalising bull****-driven underachievement and a lousy attitude. Guess I’m in the minority. It’s why we have a generation of overly-precious parents and spineless kids who cave at the first sign of challenge and can’t take an ounce of criticism for the purpose of betterment.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Lacking in nuance though, right? I'm sure there are many parents who take the kid's side due to their own ****ty experiences with vile, vindictive teachers during their own time at school.

Comment

Not particularly. Maybe some outliers. It’s mostly just bad parenting. There’d have to be an outrageous percentage of the profession ‘vile’ and ‘vindictive’ to account for the astonishing rise in poor parental attitudes. What kind of parent takes out their childhood frustrations on an entire group, anyway? That’s lousy parenting.

I guess vile and vindictive public servants in every sector are to blame for the abuse and attacks they face on a daily basis?
                      Last edited by prinnysquad; 02-07-2019, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        Lacking in nuance though, right?
                        Nope.

My first phone call from a parent last year: "I just saw my son's mark! That can't be right - he's in advanced placement!"
                        He failed regular calculus, I can only guess the marks he got on the AP exam.

Basically most of grade 10 last year.
                        "But I'm going to try REALLY hard!"

Comment

Yeah definitely noticed a shift in parents of friends from the late 80s. People (maybe a generation younger than my Dad's) started answering complaints about their son's behaviour with "that's not true, my Terry would never do something like that!" indignation instead of "oh, oh REALLY? Well thank you for bringing this to my attention, I shall make sure it doesn't happen again"...
                          [Door closes]
                          TERRY! Get down here now! What's all this about you kicking a football through Mr Pearson's greenhouse and giving him a load of lip, before legging it off laughing with yer mates?
                          [sound of a child's protests]
                          [shouting]
                          [the sound of privileges being withdrawn]
                          [Bedroom door slams]
                          [Sobbing]
                          Last edited by gunrock; 03-07-2019, 05:35.

Comment

No-one would endorse being over strict of authoritarian with kids as a parent but there's a definitely too common-too soft stance with them because too many parents are either lazy in their roles and let their kids enjoy far too much freedom regardless of the potential harm it could bring or they're dillusional about their child's real character/too desperate to be liked by their child.

Being a parent is a constant, exhausting experience... unless you don't care about your 5 year old wandering the streets at 10pm, let them scream and run around shop stairs and simply placate them by telling them they can do anything.

Cut forward 20 years and many of those kids will suffer from mental health related issues because life will absolutely smack them around the face with a back handed b---- slap and they'll have been raised having never been taught to deal with any of lifes realities, living in a cotton bubble instead. There are bad teachers and schools etc but before having kids I thought that most kids with behaviour issues etc were due to the parents, years into having kids it hasn't changed my view. Bad parents are everywhere

Comment

My other half has a friend that is silly rich. So rich in fact they bought their 6 year old boy a Bentley, with personalised number plates. Not a toy one, a top of the range 120k Bentley.

He’s so spoilt they still feed him by spoon instead of making the little brat do it himself.

I’ve already put down £20 of him dying of a cocaine overdose by 19 soon as actual reality hits him.

Comment

1) Take that 20 quid and buy a book on how to befriend young boys, or have a search online for guides

2) Make friends with him and ask to borrow the Bentley

3) Profit

Comment

Working...
                                X