Red Dead Redemption II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some more challenges last night.

Did three horseman levels - trample on five animals, ride from Valentine to Rhodes in under 5 minutes and drag somebody lassoed for 3300 metres.
    That last one didn't go too well. Found a guy giving me grief on the edge of Rhodes, so thought he'd be ideal, I just ended accidentally letting him go and getting a bounty on my head that I had to escape then pay off.
    Then I grabbed a random guy in a remote area and after I'd dragged him around three kilometres, he was really pissed off with me for some reason.
    I didn't want to kill him, he was perfectly right to be mad, so I hid behind a sheep farmer.
    Then I trod on one of his sheep.
    Now I had two guys after me.
    Tried to shoot them, but I had my rope still equipped.
    I died.

I also finished off tracking 10 different animals and Master Hunter 4 - Call an animal and get a clean kill 5 times.
    *Whistles* *animal looks at me* *shot in the face*
    Bit brutal, tbh.

I'm onto skinning 3 bears, two down.

I didn't find any additional berries for the herb challenge though.

Comment

Mainly stuck to the story mode and just started chapter 6.Love the way you can drift around having a good nose about
      Did try online this afternoon but definitely need friends to appreciate being in a posse
      Last edited by BIG EDD; 29-11-2018, 00:24.

Comment

Less productive RDR2 session last night, but still fun doing nothing major.

A few things happened whilst travelling around.
        I keep meeting a guy who wants a bird shooting challenge. Sucker never learns! Easy money.
        Saved the same guy from another snake bite.

I was riding to where the bears spawn and saw one by the river so finished that hunter level.
        Next up is killing 5 cougars with arrows. I read that poison arrows work best so I rode across the map to get to the Fence that sells the instruction pamphlet.
        Got there, and I couldn't buy it because I already have it! Read it and learned how to make them and sat down by the fire in the Fence's camp to craft them.
        They went nuts at me! I tried to ride off (seriously trying not to slaughter everybody who crosses me) but they dragged me off my horse and I died.
        Spawned right by the camp any everybody was fine and "I hope there's no more of that silly nonsense!"

I was also out of shotgun shells so had to get some more. Leaving town I trod on somebody and it went nuts.
        I tried going straight to the post office to pay off my bounty but I was still hot, so I had to leg it off into the trees as my horse wouldn't come to me.

I also got mugged just trying to find the herb that makes the poison arrows.
        Last time that's happening, I'm just going to shoot them.

I was so angry I saw them mugging somebody else outside of town but as I saved the guy they were mugging, I got a bit trigger happy.
        "Hey thank you for saving AAARrrgRGGHH!"

Anyway, got the arrows, instructions and herbs and made some poison arrows.
        By this point I was on the East coast of the map, but I knew cougars were in the West and didn't want another cross-country trek, so saw there was some in the North, so went to Roanoke.

Hitched my horse, dropped some bait, crouched in the trees and waited.

A strange mist descended, despite it being a sunny day and visibility dropped.

THEN I STARTED HEARING WHISPERED VOICES

Holy moly.

Girl: "You shouldn't be here"
        Girl: "What's that terrible noise?"
        *backwards whispers*
        Man: "Must be a sick calf lookin' for his mama, they've been known to bawl like that" *demonic laughter*
        Girl: "Terrible... you should be ashamed of yourself Eugene Hunt. *unintelligible* would be ashamed... Eugene Hunt."
        Girl: "I need to get back home... *crying* I need to get back home..."
        Man: *demonic laughter*

I was playing this around midnight with headphones on.

"Your controller battery is low"
        I used that as an excuse to blaze outta there, but saw a cougar, shot it with my poison arrow (through its heeeeeart), then left and shut down.

Then had to lie in bed, eyes wide open, listening for more whispers.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-11-2018, 13:00.

Comment

I swear this game has some horror elements that I didn't know about.

Mooching for Cougars again and found a couple of shacks I'd not seen.

Walked into one and

it was a scene of total destruction, the three people in there had arms off and everything!
          Turns out a meteorite had hit the house and killed everyone inside.
          Violently.

Then, in the forest, I found a

man-made trench. I followed it into an open area that was full of bones and a human skeleton on a big stone table. Ruh-roh!

Turns out it's an old Viking shrine, rather than druids out to get me now, but it was a pretty spooky discovery.

Found a farmhouse and the barn was all locked up but there was some

bones outside and some witch-like cackles on the inside.
          Couldn't get in and couldn't lure her out so looted her house, but all the time I thought I'd turn around and see some evil hag staring at me.

up to 4 out of 5 cougars, but, like all GTA games, it never seems to spawn when you need one.
          Ate all the berries, need to cook 7 things with sage. Done 6.

I'll play some more of the story, but I'm still finding things like these all the time.

Saw a corpse on the map. Investigated and it was a

hanging body.
          I shot the rope and a bunch of rednecks tried to ambush me, but I was ready.
          Toothless bastards!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-11-2018, 13:00.

Comment

Mate, I think you should be spoiler tagging a lot of this stuff.

Comment

Do you think?
              It's non-plot stuff, just exploration.

I'll tidy it up, though as I hate spoilers.

Comment

I know it's not story but they are surprises for people to find. On the other hand I love hearing the Red Dead stories; I'm so torn!

Comment

I'll carry on posting, but Spoiler tag them, then people have the choice, you're right.

Comment

I can't seem to find much now that the story is over.

Met a guy outside of Tumbleweed burning corpses because they had collera.

Also met the writer of books that Arthur would read.

Apart from that, not much of interest

Comment

Finished chapter 6 in the early hours.Wow the music in the last two missions

Comment

Pretty uneventful session last night, still trying to find the 6th cougar.

Most annoying part was trying to ride across the map within nine minutes without touching water and I was metres from the goal and the guy from the camp catches up to me and says. I'm needed back at the camp. What a crock!

I might have to do a few more missions to start unlocking some bits like the leather working tools.

Comment

Just collected some debts the gang is owed, chopped some wood, fed their horses and moved some sacks of grain to feed everyone.

Then I dropped $500 into the kitty and upgraded the entire camp.

Seemed like I was the only one doing any work, so had a look to see what the rest of the gang were up to...

Comment

Lazy Bast’s!

Comment

55 hours in, never had a game change on me so much as this since Mass Effect.

First 8-10 hours are not reflective of the rest of the experience.

Masterpiece. 10.

Comment

Camp member kidnapped. Go to house where being held, bust door open, Arthur refuses to fire gun until he's been shot several times. Glitches getting worse basically. Didn't actually matter as he seems to be able to take half a dozen bullets at point blank range with little concern. When are they going to fix the broken HDR , anyone heard?

Comment

Working...
                                X