Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Wasn't looking a for a rubbish action hack and slash which 15 seems to have turned into as well... ffs.

Comment

Yeah, nothing yet here for me at all. That said, we're only seeing a very small part of a work in progress here so who knows, the rest of the game could end up quite different.

Comment

Looks amazing.

Comment

One of the main reasons I've avoided the modem generation of consoles all together is the crappy frame rate. What happened to 60fps?

That stuff in the trailer moved like a flick book.

Comment

You guys are such debbie downers. I'm sure this'll be avaiable for PC so the FPS question is moot. Not only that, the video isn't even 60 FPS.

Comment

I think it looks bloody superb! And obviously they haven't turned it into a 3rd person real-time adventure game, they're just not showing the turn based combat that always makes for crummy trailers.

Comment

I also thought it looked fantastic! The new battle system is exactly how i would of done it as it speeds up the gameplay, makes it more fluid & dynamic whilst still keeping the materia/levelling up system. Only thing that bothered me was Clouds arms looked as thin as sticks and it seemed to be running at something like 15fps although it's still very early days yet.

Comment

So looks like to me in the trailer the combat is now active time battles? Or that is how it appeared. I guess this may be Square Enix updating the outdated mechanics. Was wondering which way they would sway. E.g leave it as it was with updated graphics or re engineer parts of it. Seems the later if the above is correct.

Apparently the RE2: Remake is being rebuilt from the grind up so sounds like they might do similar with that.

Always interesting the way these things go out of Remakes seems so far RE: Remake GC had the best balance so far.

Comment

It looked visually nice, pretty standard fare other than that. Still fully expecting this to be one that casual rpg fans enjoy but FF7 lovers hate.

Comment

FFVII is up on the PSN Store now, ?8.99. You get a Midgar PS4 theme with it with the old menu sounds when you navigate.

Comment

I am a bit too amused by how polarising this whole project is proving to be already

(personally think it looks pretty neat - actually want to play it now!)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            FFVII is up on the PSN Store now, ?8.99. You get a Midgar PS4 theme with it with the old menu sounds when you navigate.
                            And Aerith's Theme playing in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                              One of the main reasons I've avoided the modem generation of consoles all together is the crappy frame rate. What happened to 60fps?
                              Yeah; I had hoped with two things:

1) The move away from static images and towards videos in game advertising, along with YouTube etc. supporting 60fps
                              2) Last gen being dominated by CoD, one of the few games which always insisted on 60fps

... that we would see more of a push for it this gen. As it is, I haven't bought either of the new consoles yet and am more inclined to upgrade my PC this Christmas.

Comment

Looks good but I can totally empathise with fans who were just after a HD overhaul with the same mechanics.

Think this game will be what Resident Evil remake is to Resident Evil 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X