• Show
Clear All

Decent $49 compressor for free over at Plugin Alliance:

https://plugin-alliance.com/en/activate.html

Voucher: bx_opto_PGC4ZRBKHBJ4JQU6AGL5

Comment

New track called StarSoldier LX

Comment

Something i whipped up today was testing studio one and plugins to make sure they work on windows 10

Comment

Rough take with iffy vocals - recorded last week, one take on my bro's phone, not brilliant....but working on it..

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

A new piece of audio candy fresh from the early hours...

Last edited by hudson; 29-08-2015, 00:27.

Comment

On a creative roll today. This is an atmospheric synthy piece that has the odd spooky piano going off too.

Comment

Made all of this cheeky little Final Fantasy theme on my iPad using Korg Gadget for the music and iMovie and YouTube for the video. The funk kicks in about half way.

Comment

My wife got me one of those Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators. The new PO-20 Arcade one, which does chiptune type sounds. It is very limited in what it can do and yet, for such a small cheap object, it has enough to really play around with to make it a lot of fun. 16 basic sounds, a step sequencer and you can build up patterns and loops and then add effects in real time. Just as a little demo of what it can do, here's what I mostly made on the toilet: http://picosong.com/8aKc

Sure, it's no work of wonder but it's fun to play with!

Comment

[MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] Love it. The PO-20 is pretty awesome. I got the Arcade too as well as the Robot, which has lovely chip tune lead sounds which accompany the arcade well. I made a couple of videos making bits (excuse the pun) of music

Comment

Nice! You're getting great sounds from those. How does the Robot compare to the Arcade? That lead sound is really nice.

I have an OP-1 too but must admit I never mastered it. I find the tape function fun but fiddly. I love playing with it but I don't think I have ever made something I would keep with it. I find myself wishing it came with its own simple built in sequencer. I know it has several sequencers but they aren't exactly easy to control! Or at least, I find them tricky to figure out.

Comment

Agreed. Too fiddly and limited (limitations can be a god thing), but yeah I wouldn't use it for a full composition. For several bar grooves though, it's great. I come up with lots of ideas on it. If I could afford another, I'd get one as a back-up. It's brilliant.

The Robot is a bit different compared to Arcade, it has 2 banks of 8 lead sounds each bank is a mirror of the other but a different octave. There's another instrument sound which is a drum kit which you can sequence on another layer, and then it has a 3rd layer which allows you to play a lead over the top of the other 2 sequences. This 3rd layer cannot be programmed in and is perform only. There is a cool glide button which lets you glide leads like a SID chip and vibrato too. If you were to get one though, I think the arcade blows all the other PO's out of the water.

Comment

Man, really tempted by those - the Arcade and the Robot modules.

That being said, I shouldn't, because it'd be just like with the Korg DS program. I'd spend a few days annoying everyone around me, then never look at it again!!

Comment

Not my music but heard this and have read up about it but has anyone used one (or the smaller model as this video one was custom made)

Comment

That looks crazy. It looks like hard work too lol. Reminds me slightly of Tenori-On. I suspect one would really know their pad settings and the samples they've loaded into them with pre prep of having them respond to that frantic way of playing. I'm really not sure what to make of it

Comment

Yeah, looks like a Tenori-on but I'm not quite sure what it is. Just a sampler or is there more going on there?

Comment

Working...
                                X