Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to chapter 7 on Dungeon Travelers 2 now and it's really starting to piss me off. The dungeons are needlessly complex and despite being over levelled for where I am, random encounters take longer than they should. Not a patch on the Demon Gaze games.

Comment

Silent Hill Downpour. I like it better a few years on but I still hate the horrible combat. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's no fun, just block n' attack with one move, just awful. It's quite explorable, though, more than I remember. If anything, it reminds me very very much of Evil Within 2, it's like that game was a *massive* upgrade/improvement on this. Evil Within 2 is majorly the bomb. I'll keep saying it. First one, too.

Comment

Not sure how far I'm into Lego DC Villains but either this is a weaker designed entry or the Lego template has grown hugely stale. I keep nodding off as it's pretty dull to play.

Also up to about Chapter 7 of Uncharted 4's replay. So far it remains the weakest entry of the main four and it's painfully obvious so far how little gameplay there actually is compared to cutscenes. I'm not minding it but the old magic of the original trilogy is still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Not sure how far I'm into Lego DC Villains but either this is a weaker designed entry or the Lego template has grown hugely stale. I keep nodding off as it's pretty dull to play. .
          I find it essential to take breaks from Lego games for this reason. They're fun but can be very samey. I skipped a whole bunch of them for several years before playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 and I'm glad I did - I really enjoyed it. There's loads in that game and I love it. But I don't think I'd have loved it had I just rolled from one Lego game to another into it.

Comment

I think the last one I played was Lego City Undercovers rerelease on Switch so it's been a while. What's amazing is how little they play with the formula and how this is the latest one, with an open world, and yet it's still nowhere near as good as Undercover. I wonder how long IP's can carry them but then again I thought that back on PS2

Comment

I've been sticking with Yakuza 0 with occasional side sessions of SFV. Although it can be layered with cutscenes (which do look very good) the game's story and combat are pretty decent. It helps that the two playable characters have 3 different styles to switch between (I think a fourth style is accessible later) and its quite cathartic to slam a yakuza's head against the wall or throw them on top of their allies who are already laid out on the ground. I feel like I'm nearing the game's later section now so hopefully there's not too much longer to go. As far as prequels go its a good one. I might take a break one I've finished it but after that I might go back to Yakuza 4 as I was near the end of that one but wanted to complete the side missions fully before finishing it. I might just get it finished though so I can move onto the next numbered entry and catch-up with the recent releases.

Comment

More RDR2.

Despite trying to plough on through the game, I'm still getting distracted.

Dutch : "Yeeha! Let's go rob that guy"
                I spot a bird I need for a fetch quest and dismount
                Dutch : "Arthur? What are you doing? Get back on your horse! Arthur? What are you doing? Get back on your horse!"

Chapter 5 is a real change of scenery!
                However...
                Dutch :"Arthur, you meet me at the hilltop to do some reconnaissance, as soon as you possibly can! Our lives depend on it!"
                I see some new wildlife and spend an hour with my binoculars studying new animals until I stumble into enemy territory and get shot dead

Comment

My main mission this bank holiday weekend is to wrap up the replay of Uncharted 4. Once that is done I should be straight into Day's Gone and once that is done I only have replay's of The Last of Us, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Tone and Horizon: Zero Dawn left before it's time to say goodbye to the PS4. Anything that's left for the system exclusively is slim and easy to leave till a PS5 is under the TV.

That will mean time to get back on the PC where the backlog is huge, The Division 2 has to be first up

Comment

Started Hard Reset, had a slight hickup at the start with no menu text showing; seems you have to set the games profile to application controlled in ATIs CCC for it to work.

The game is still gorgeous but the lack of a crouch key seems a little silly when areas are made inaccessible by fencing that you'd be able to crawl under in any other game. Instead you have to trek all the way around through arenas of enemies which is fine, just dont make me do it because my character can't crouch lol.

Comment

Testing out the N64 Everdrive, so a bunch of N64 titles, mostly Mario 64.
                      No matter how much I love Mario 64, getting back to it after two playthroughs of Odyssey, and the two Galaxy, was kinda rough. However the rust went away rather quickly and I started having fun after that.

Comment

Im all retro'd out, played so much at arcade club my hands and back hurt. both modern and old stuff the selection keeps getting more amazing. Listing stuff is boring when it comes to arcade club so you are getting it in pictoral form.

A bazillion vintage cabs

the modern floor

so many rhythm games and also 4 player modern bishi bashi. This was amazing fun, the green button now spins as it's using the same tech as musica. I swear the main mode lasts aaaages we were there for a long time. Crazy fun.

rhythm tengoku & toy march hiding in the distance.

My main goto when i go upstairs, a whole row of jubeat machines networked with the latest version.

Also finally got to try out the beatmania IIDX machine, it's fun but extremely hard to play in an arcade setting. The other games were drowning it out so i struggled to hear the tracks, but it is something i do want to get into at home.

Played the hell out of SDVX heavenly haven, finally gotten the hang of where i could start increasing the speed of the notes in standard mode. It's really fun to play in the arcade the sound track list is incredible.

Reflecbeat was fun too, i didn't expect to see it sat there but i could say the same with quite a few games like i had no idea theatre rhythm final fantasy got an arcade machine version.

And the machine i fell in love with, sometimes i click with a machine and i find i'm really good at it with not much effort put in. The machine was nostalgia, a piano game by konami oh god i love this one. By the end of the day i was already to the point i was doing 2 handed mode on hard and i can't even play the damn piano yet in arcade form i was a virtuoso lol. The sound track to it was amazing too, a wonderful game that seems to be overlooked in there as most people passed it by.

not be me though, my eamuse card was put to good use i now have 2 of the campaigns totally cleared and saved for when i next go back.

the keys light up, joy. And thats a touch screen too.

Comment

I love the look of that Nostalgia game!

Re: IIDX, is there not a headphone jack?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            I love the look of that Nostalgia game!

Re: IIDX, is there not a headphone jack?
                            I looked everywhere to see if i could find a jack for my headphones but i couldn't see one. I would have thought something like that would have had it, there were some weird cameras on the machine too but i have no idea what they were for.

I truly love the whole look and feel of nostalgia it has 2 screens one at the top that shows everyone how you are playing and the one at the bottom that you actually look at. In expert mode all the keys are used like a real piano. In standard mode you can hit any of the 3 keys near each marker so you don't need to be perfect player accurate but even with that it's tricky in hard mode especially if you choose to play both left and right hand charts at once. Wish i could play this at home, pisses me off that konami could release a lot of their newer music games on home console yet they don't.

i adore music games, my fave genre.

Comment

Music games are the bomb. I really want to get into SoundVoltex and Musica. [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] can you get eAmusement cards up at that arcade in King’s Cross? I tried Las Vegas but they were no help on that front.

Comment

if you ever get to arcade club they sell them on the front desk but they are not cheap they are £10 each and the design is random. There are some on ebay but damn they are pricy as they are special design ones from competitions or you can get a generic konami one for a lot cheaper. Well worth getting to save progress especially if a location is emulating the eamuse servers.

Comment

Working...
                                X