Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objectively, I’d go for the Vive.

And I love my PSVR.

If I had a capable PC, I’d be considering a headset purely for the PC VR exclusives.

My research suggests the PSVR does have the best exclusives though.

This is the reason I’ve got 50 consoles under my telly.

FOMO.

Comment

Always go where the games are and you’ll be alright. Will you be happy playing a wipeout knock off?

Comment

Going over all the games it's basically...

Wipeout Omega Collection vs. BallisticNg
        Tetris Effect vs. PC Skyrim VR

I know Skyrim is on PSVR, but I'm never playing that game without mods.
        Last edited by dataDave; 11-01-2019, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Will you be happy playing a wipeout knock off?
          I already am happy with it. Much preferable to Omega Collection. I went to it after three days solid on WO3 and my muscle memory transferred across immediately. Watch some interviews, it's been coded by some serious f**king heads.

It looks like a PSOne game, but in 3K and 165FPS. People are already transferring classic WO tracks, craft and music packs across.
          Last edited by dataDave; 11-01-2019, 20:09.

Comment

Dave. Seriously. Wipeout. Will. Blow. Your. Mind.

It’s beyond amazing in VR. Better than any other competing headset.

Comment

Just get the vive then. Cheaper, better controllers. Doesn’t seem like there’s any psvr exclusives you’re after?

Comment

Tetris, and Resi7 (which is a one'n'done, let's be honest).

Hmm, I might then wait for the PS5 to see if it gets VR support. Another part of me doesn't like jumping in on year-six of a console's life for €400, especially with no Ridge Racer. It's not a PlayStation without Ridge Racer.
                Last edited by dataDave; 11-01-2019, 20:44.

Comment

Get a used base or slim PS4 and import a headset and camera from the UK? They are going for about £170 for the set here now and the console is about £200 new. 700 Euros is a hell of a lot. There are great deals in France I saw recently if it’s possible for you to get down there. Lower than uk prices even with the awful GBP to EUR exchange rate.

I don’t really know if a Pro is worth having if you are only planning to play VR.

Comment

I have a graphic whore super elite PC owning, Oculus Rift, full rig ProjectCars VR setup. He bought a PS4 in Black Friday, he got Persona 5, GoW, Horizon Zero Dawn and after hearing about Astrobot and Firewall, well he bought PSVR and he is in love. True story.

Comment

Persona 5. Forgot about that actually.

Comment

Persona 5 graphically is almost PS2 level so you don’t need a Pro for that either. Great game though.

Comment

Persona 5 has a graphical style that amazing though. A bit unfair to say it's on the level of PS2. It's down to its graphical style. I mean the menus should win awards themselves.

Last edited by hudson; 11-01-2019, 21:50.

Comment

I would say if you already own a PC with the grunt to do VR get a PC-VR set up. Any VR set up, on ps4 or pc will knock your socks off to be honest.
                            As it's been said already, go where the games are. What do you want to play, make a list, go there.

Comment

Well home sweet home finally arrived, time to see if it's as scary as it looks in the videos. Tired of waiting for a uk release date so i picked up the usa version, annoyingly though the disk is gamestop exclusive, hate it when that happens as it means scalpers try to shove the price way up on ebay but i did find a non dickhead seller.

Out of all the vr horror games this is the one i have wanted to try the most as it asian so it has a different feel to the standard western horror, asian horror tends to work better on me than western stuff mainly because i have watched so much growing up that im totally de sensitised to it, asian stuff is creepy in a diffferent way.

It's great to have so many choices on psvr still not even a fraction of the way through my psvr game backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                Persona 5 has a graphical style that amazing though. A bit unfair to say it's on the level of PS2. It's down to its graphical style. I mean the menus should win awards themselves.

You’re spot on. The art direction is fabulous!

I just meant in the sense of benefitting from a Pro. It’s really a PS3 game and most of the dungeon environments weren’t upgraded significantly from the PS2 games. I can’t imagine it at all pushes a regular PS4, let alone a Pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X