No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six hours in now and just reached Act 2 which looks to be a little more open - it's a bit of a mixed bag so far. The story and asthetics are great, but there are definitely aspects of the gameplay that are a bit grating. I can't say I care for the hacking or scanning stuff, or the filter effects around these.

I definitely wouldn't be scoring this 10/10 yet, will see how this second act opens up.

Comment

I'm not sure what I think of this. It feels very much like a larger Deus Ex, from a street runner perspective rather than a cop. I'm enjoying it, but I think the menus and upgrade paths are confusing. I still can't figure out how to put a sight on my gun for example.
      I like the role play side of things though.

Comment

Yeah, the menus aren't particularly intuitive. I was given a credit card with a virus on it for one mission and given a chance to hack it out in a modal that popped-up mid dialogue. I dismissed this and it took me 10-15 minutes to find the item to find the option to hack it again - it wasn't linked to from the optional mission objective which if it were, would have saved a lot of mucking about.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Yeah, the menus aren't particularly intuitive. I was given a credit card with a virus on it for one mission and given a chance to hack it out in a modal that popped-up mid dialogue. I dismissed this and it took me 10-15 minutes to find the item to find the option to hack it again - it wasn't linked to from the optional mission objective which if it were, would have saved a lot of mucking about.
          Exact same thing happened to me... and I gave up trying to find it again. Where the hell is it in your inventory!?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Exact same thing happened to me... and I gave up trying to find it again. Where the hell is it in your inventory!?
            Yeah was that the ping module thing? I have no idea if that mission completed or not.
            Also the map is next to useless. I see markers for things and follow the dots and it just takes me on a mystery tour.

Comment

That's the thing, it's not in the inventory. You have to go to Journal, Shards, select the Militech one and then you can select the option to hack it. I spent ages going in and out of the inventory, going through every item to look for it.

Comment

The game does not tell you that at all.
                Also I'm finding that I can just stand behind someone and hack the cash register with no report of it being a crime.
                It definitely feels unfinished.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  That's the thing, it's not in the inventory. You have to go to Journal, Shards, select the Militech one and then you can select the option to hack it. I spent ages going in and out of the inventory, going through every item to look for it.
                  Thanks that is absolutely not intuitive at all. Cassius... no its the money shard you get from striking a bargain in the pickup quest. I don't want to say any more really but the cash shard is encrypted.

I'm just doing the ping module thing now... my current play-style for this is to manually save every 5 minutes. Seems to be working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I can just stand behind someone and hack the cash register with no report of it being a crime.
                    That'll be the dystopic vision

Comment

So is this any good then? There’s an awful lot of hype for a game from a studio with a long history of beautiful but ultimately unsatisfying games. Is it the bees knees or was everyone just desperate for something new that had a AAA budget?

Comment

I haven’t started yet but I’ve watched my son (yes, he’s too young) playing and it oozes so much atmosphere. The boy has only ever played Minecraft and Fortnite and stuff like that, never anything narrative driven ... but since yesterday teatime he’s lost himself in Night City.

Personally I can’t wait to play ... fair chunk of Yakuza to go yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          So is this any good then? There’s an awful lot of hype for a game from a studio with a long history of beautiful but ultimately unsatisfying games. Is it the bees knees or was everyone just desperate for something new that had a AAA budget?
                          Eh. If you like deus Ex then you'll like this. It's almost exactly Deus Ex. It's got a good atmosphere and characters. Gun play is nice.
                          It's still quite broken and needs probably about as much work as hello games put in to NMS to get it to its full vision.
                          6/10.

Comment

For all the niggles the games has, I think it would be hard to disagree that this is a good looking game - I don't think my screenshot folder has had to work this hard in a while (and I really need to quit playing and get to bed).

It's still quite rough around the edges, at the moment (and after 12 hours in the game), I'd give it 8 cranial implants out of 10. Should they polish this one up, it has the potential to hit a 10/10 - currently there's just too much that distracts the experience from being awesome.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 12-12-2020, 00:02.

Comment

How many of you are playing on Series X? How’s it running as I’ve got the game in the post but wondering if I should hold off until there has been a number of substantial patches?

Comment

Things I have found with the game so far:

There are no driving AI. Cars just follow a set path. Shoot the passenger and the driver carries on like nothing happened.

Almost non existant AI generally. NPCs don't react to you. Shoot someone and a few will run away a couple of meters and hide, others will just walk around.

You can't buy anything from the street venders even though they are everywhere

You can't play any arcades even though they are everywhere. In fact there are no mini games at all.

You can't change your hair, get tattoos or change your appearance.

There are no animations when you get cyber enhancements. You can buy a full skeletal upgrade and just walk out like it's nothing.

Cops don't react properly. They just spawn in front of you. If you run away a couple of blocks and return they are gone.

These are just what I have found so far. And I'm not including glitches, broken sounds, poor HDR and framerate drops. The game is at best 50% complete.

I'm going to stop playing until its fixed, because under it all it has great potential and I don't want to taint it for myself any more.

Edit: if anyone is confused about what I mean with traffic AI, here is a good video showing it. I don't know how this game is getting 10/10 scores.
                                https://youtu.be/EkpZhYG_Oq8
                                Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 12-12-2020, 08:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X