No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's beginning to grow on me more and more now.

So much going on. So much to see and do.

Comment

I have found an ability in the skills that I like and is well worth getting - the double jump. It allows you to get up high (Crackdown style) and you start finding things. Also the cops will never find you, so you can shoot people with sniper rifles with impunity.

Plus you can look down on the world.

One thing I would like to be able to do is swap out your vehicle, but it seems the only way you can do this is to buy cars available on the "buy missions", which is a real shame as I now have a sweet ride.

It's a chopper, baby.
      Last edited by MartyG; 16-12-2020, 14:01.

Comment

I played it for a hour....had loads of visual bugs and weird things happen and i dunno it has not quite clicked with me yet, I was expecting more environmental interactivity ala Deus ex, Skyrim etc.

Decided to refund and just wait though had so many issues that i just felt would rather just get into the game when its more polished and if they plan to add stuff to it.

Comment

I put this on for a quick look tonight and ended up spending a few hours with it.

First things first it doesn't look quite right on the Series X. It looks a bit washed out and it's hard to hit any kind of a sweet spot in the HDR settings ... so I quit trying and just got on with it. Saying that, if anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them. I did choose the 'quality' setting though ... I want atmos over slickness in this game.

So after an underwhelming opening in a corporate (I'm a corpo) building I spread my wings a bit and saw the city for the first time and it was a feeling of 'this it more like it'. The environment is so good it's almost like an interactive film. And then it plays pretty well too. The gunplay is better than I expected ... the driving is okay for a story-led game ... and there are a ton of cyber-shizzle to learn and tweak.

It's early days. I did have one or two glitches. But when a game has this level of ambition I can totally forgive it (in my limited time with the game, nothing was game-breaking). It's weird though, I don't know if I was enjoying it as a game or a world ... but I was totally enjoying it, and three hours flew by.

I just hope the devs sort the visuals a bit. There's a great looking game in there but there's definitely something odd with the HDR or something. But I can't really complain. It's a game whether you choose to see the bad or the brilliant.

Comment

[MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION] the hdr is broken. Turn it off til they fix it mate.

Comment

HDR depends on your TV but I went with the settings here on my Sony XH9005 and then I think I dropped the paper white a little. It still isn't right by some stretch but in daylight it's pretty good and other times of day it is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                @Atticus the hdr is broken. Turn it off til they fix it mate.
                Got you ... well at least it's known. I didn't want to turn off anything on the console settings but maybe I will. I was just looking at the game on my son's One X on a non-hdr tv and it looks better.

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampprojec...on-and-xbox%2F

HDR depends on your TV but I went with the settings here on my Sony XH9005 and then I think I dropped the paper white a little. It still isn't right by some stretch but in daylight it's pretty good and other times of day it is better.
                Thanks Nonny. Mine's a XF9005 ... so maybe some similar dna to your set. I'll try having a tinker and also turning the HDR off ... see which works better.

Cheers chaps.

Comment

I got lazy because on the Xbox there is no way to turn HDR off in-game right now so you have to do it in the dashboard settings and I kept forgetting to turn it back on when playing other games.

So I tinkered a little bit based on the above settings and I have mine at a place which is acceptable but still clearly broken. Like I said, daytime it shines and looks pretty much on point but it gets a little confused once you move away from that.

Given there's going to be patches coming thick and fast I am hoping they patch it pretty quick.

Comment

Still no more glitches etc for me so far, I think I'm about halfway through the game now and in the Badlands missions. I can see how someone starting via this path would have a less favourable impression as it's easily the low point of the game so far, eager to get back into the city.

Comment

The nomad path spends around 20mins in the Badlands before you head into the city. I was quite disappointed with that, as I at least expected some character building and training missions first.

For some reason my game has begun to crash if I alt-tab out at the title screen. That's about it.

Comment

The path selection at the start doesn't make a huge difference initially - where it seems to have more influence is in dialogue choices further into the game, giving different repsonses if you have the appropriate background. I went the corpo route, but you were back at the same point as the other choices after 20 minutes as above.

I have 46 hours in now - one thing I've seen that is concerning me is the save corrupt on save files over 8MB (caused by collecting lots of stuff) - I have the auto dismantle skill, so maybe I won't run into it. This definitely needs a patch ASAP.

Comment

Well, I've rushed through the single player campaign and seen an ending. Clocked in just shy of 18 hours.

Not sure I'm big on RPG elements in an FPS type gameplay, isn't really my kind of game so I guess I'll stop playing now. You'll probably get more out of it by exploring a bunch of side content.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I have 46 hours in now - one thing I've seen that is concerning me is the save corrupt on save files over 8MB (caused by collecting lots of stuff) - I have the auto dismantle skill, so maybe I won't run into it. This definitely needs a patch ASAP.

1.06 (1 hour ago)
                            PC-specific:
                            Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

Comment

Yeah, looks like that's pretty much all this patch does on PC. Glad they've sorted that out, don't need to worry about hording again.

Comment

Finished it, the ending was fine if a little bit flat. Thankfully I encountered so little in terms of issues with the game and I'd say that it looked great and kept me engaged till the end. I'd take it over the Witcher games any day of the week but I'm thankful it was the PC version I was playing in order to experience as was intended. It's unquestionably a hard 8/10 game, no amount of removing its flaws could push it higher for me, it's a game that is very much from the PS3/early PS4 era under the sheen and it's narrative elements carry it a long way.

Comment

Working...
                                X