Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if that's true, there are far easier ways to enrich yourself than by becoming the man who sold the NHS to the US in the history books, I doubt even Johnson wants that legacy.

Comment

There will be no whole sale of the NHS. It'll be slowly and quietly sold off. It'll be a private company running the A&E reception. Then some front line workers. And it'll creep in. It'll take a decade, maybe more, but it'll be gone and we won't even know. It'll still say NHS over the door, so the government can say they haven't sold it, but it's sold.

Comment

He has no problem with the legacy of mishandling a pandemic or leading UK into the pit of Brexit with lie after lie. These same people have no problem going on camera in front of the public and telling people they drove to a castle to test their eyesight. I think you’re giving them far too much credit for either considering their legacy or having any true awareness of what it will be. I just don’t have the same faith in them that you do.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          Even if that's true, there are far easier ways to enrich yourself than by becoming the man who sold the NHS to the US in the history books, I doubt even Johnson wants that legacy.
          Are there? Like what? What could earn you more money than backhanders from Americans pharma? Not much

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Are there? Like what? What could earn you more money than backhanders from Americans pharma? Not much
            United health is the richest and largest health care provider in the world. $242 billion revenue. I'm sure the tories would love a slice of that.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              No government of any colour will ever sell the NHS. Why? Because any government that does so ensures they will never be re-elected - proof? Half a dozen posts here outraged about it even by the very concept, let alone the implementation.

Noone is selling the NHS, even without this clause in the trade bill.
              Not while people like it. The government has strangled it for years. The Tories want to get to a point where people ask them to get rid of it; where there's the perception that it's been crap for decades, is filled with fat cats, just results in junior doctor strikes and is staffed by immigrants.

You couldn't get rid of the NHS while people like it, but we can see easily today that people are fickle and their memory lasts about 10 minutes.

Comment

They will starve it of funding (as they have been) until it becomes terrible, then offer privatisation as a solution, which pleases their party donors, usually increases their own personal fortunes and when it turns out the private model is just as bad (or worse) they can effectively wash their hands of it by saying it's up to the market or halfheartedly tinker around the edges and say "surveys show that it's improving". This is exactly what they did with the railways and this is 100% what they'll do with the NHS. They don't give a toss.

To say they will leave the NHS alone because it's too unpopular with voters is like saying a dog will leave a sausage alone on a kitchen worktop. They will leer at it, try to entertain ideas of getting it some other way, be shouted away for a bit, but they're ultimately coming for it and they will never stop thinking about it while it's there. They're like The Terminator, but some kind of privatisation Terminator owned by G4S or Serco. They will do anything to make it happen and they have been wanting to do this ever since the day it was formed.

I think the NHS is far from perfect and needs quite considerably overhauling, but offering privatisation as a solution to fix the ills of something that isn't working right is like deciding your car needs a service and replacing it with a bus pass.

Comment

That’s the worst kind of Terminator. I mean, I haven’t seen Dark Fate yet but I reckon I’m still pretty safe in that statement.

Comment

If you don’t think the gov is doing everything it possibly can behind the scenes to sell the nhs off, then theres no hope for you im afraid.

Our politicians are GAGGING for some of that US pharma pork, their going to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      To say they will leave the NHS alone because it's too unpopular with voters is like saying a dog will leave a sausage alone on a kitchen worktop. They will leer at it, try to entertain ideas of getting it some other way, be shouted away for a bit, but they're ultimately coming for it and they will never stop thinking about it while it's there. They're like The Terminator, but some kind of privatisation Terminator owned by G4S or Serco.
                      Just quoting this because this paragraph has everything - a leering dog, a forbidden sausage and The Terminator.

Comment

Just echoing what others say that they're not going to slap a "For Sale" sticker on the NHS, it's the creeping privatisation of it.

Like some unstoppable robot sausage dog.

Made the mistake of going on Twitter this morning and seeing Brexit supporters laughing at "remoaners" because they say they voted for Brexit, without being influenced by Russia, like they expected to turn up at the polls to find Sergei playing Tetris and offering a choice of a shot of Vodka or from a Kalashnikov, depending on how they voted.

Comment

Just to be very clear, and I know most of you know this and you’re posting by way of explanation, that is still selling the NHS. If I say nobody will allow the cake to be eaten but then it is cut into slices and each one eaten by a different person, it still means that the cake was eaten. The NHS will be eaten and there are people who will make a lot of money in the process. The trip to the toilet afterwards will be long and unforgiving.

Comment

"It's not direct marketable sale of a public held national health service, its the progressive back room compartmentalisation and dissection of individual components and supply chains seperated and packaged for commerical privatised agreements inclusive of dependent supply chains as part of an intentful willed effort to make commercial profit as part of an unmandated drive for political and individual direct financial gain at the unanswered expense of public health standards"

Comment

During the election the tory party openly and willfully manipulated and lied to the public and the public voted them in with a landslide. What has this taught the Conservatives? That they can easily convince the people of anything and don't even have to hide the fact any more. It's gone from Derran Brown secret manipulation to just telling people what to do. It's not the tories that's at fault here, they are just doing what they can get away with. It's the people's fault for not questioning them.
                              They will 100% privatise the NHS and the people will let them.

Comment

I'm half expecting Brussels to release a report later this year about the Trade Deal negotiations which summarises by saying that the EU negotiation team could not find any evidence of a UK-EU Trade Deal agreement because the UK Government never sought one

Comment

Working...
                                X