Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdest thing about green-hand guy is that when I was about 14, I wrote practically *exactly* the same story during my GCSE English lessons. But when he was younger. And at school. And his hand was a silvery-steel colour, at the time.

Comment

Anyway, get it, Charles, get-get-get-get-GET.

Even at £50 for six badly-copied 4th-generation VHS rips on crap Maxim E-180 tapes, then this would be a bargain.

Seriously, it's IMMENSE.

First two seasons provided all the ingredients and spices, this just adds voodoo, it's *all* voodoo.

You owe it to yourself!

Comment

Yeah, like he was this normal schoolkid but he accidentally killed other pupils, teachers, family members, birds n' cats...all through trying to be nice or helpful.

There was a scene involving a kindly headmaster getting accidentally disembowelled out his arsehole and it was a funny, funny tale but I was 14 and I'm sad to report most memories have faded but if the original details resurface, I shall email them to David Lynch.

Comment

Twin Peaks is currently included on Sky Box Sets, original series and The Return.

Been great reading your reactions [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] ... definitely in the zone for a re-watch soon.

Comment

Westworld: Season 02
            I didn't mind the second run but the storyline lost a lot of its appeal as following the aftermath of the previous finale was nowhere near as interesting as the mystery box of S1 and they absolutely ruined Delores character, she felt very one note typical robot villain. Feels like S3 will be a soft reset for the show which I think it needs, there's still mileage in it but it needs to retain its Jurassic Park with robot cowboys vibe.

Comment

Watched Ep 17 of new TWIN PEAKS tonite. It was crazy. It was what I called a "bridging episode".

Key moment was Freddie the Fist. He broke that horrible ball and I was backing his fight like I'd bet a grand on it.

One more to go. Getting depressed but have decided to rewatch ERASERHEAD, LOST HIGHWAY, MULHOLLAND DRIVE and BLUE VELVET*.

*It's on Netflix at the mo. I'm guessin' that picture quality will be better than my old Prism Leisure DVD???

Comment

That bit with Leland's wife at the bar and the trucker trying to get it on with her.

I won't say what happens but all I can say is them pure evil smiling pearly white teeth behind the mask.

I sincerely can't get that amazingly evil, cool smile out of my head!!!

Coolest evil sh!t EVAH!!!!!

Comment

17 and 18 really come as a pair. After they aired, I watched them both again almost instantly. The whole thing is quite a journey!

Comment

Episode 18 is - for quite a bit of its running time - actually a 'journey' (it's like ten mins of Lynchian night-driving into the unknown, inky blackness of 3am in the morning).

It was...cool. But not the ending I'd hoped for. But, in all ways, it was my best ending of all. Because it felt more like a junction than a cul-de-sac. Roll on a 4th series!!!!!

There's a really good feature-length doc on disc 7, it's only marred slightly by its German director insisting on forcing his crappy 'poetic words' over beautiful aerial shots inbetween the on-set sections. Good little doc. Cannot believe how good Audrey looks when she shares a fag with Dave Lynch!

Most incredible bit is David Patrick Kelly performing a beautiful old Irish song to Lynchy when he's filming those 'lost in nature' bits. Achingly lovely. This is Sully from Commando, ffs, he could win X-Factor with an act like that!!!!

Got Disc 8 ready to watch, it's all extras and I can't wait.
                    Last edited by JazzFunk; 29-12-2019, 01:12.

Comment

Fuccit, I'll share it. It's so damn nice:

Comment

I haven’t actually watched that doc or any of the bonus features. I should really do that.

Comment

Wrong thread sorry
                          Last edited by Team Andromeda; 29-12-2019, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I haven’t actually watched that doc or any of the bonus features. I should really do that.
                            They're really good...apart from the pretentious voiceovers...and I just checked Disc 8 and it's the same geez...some pretentious German guy talking about "the man with the grey, elevated hair", or summat pretentiously film school.

HOWEVER, the actual documentary bits are bloody great, and his panoramic shots of Americana are proper nice n' lush.

It's just that silly voiceover. But a good job, otherwise. Gotta be reasonable in life, me old pal.

I'd urge you to watch them extras, DT, you can sense all the love on the set, so brill to behold.

Comment

Worzel Gummidge

A lovely duo of episodes. I wish daft lad was old enough to watch it.

Very warm, surprisingly funny and beautifully filmed in stunning locations. It really is a throwback to simpler, more innocent times. Yet at the same time, very relevant to today. The kids are fine in it, the supporting cast uniformly excellent, and Crook is a revelation. This show is his baby, and he’s lovingly crafted a winner. More, please.

Comment

Forgot this was happening, I was reckoning Crook'd work well.

Comment

Working...
                                X