Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sextuplets. Utter garbage. Not a single laugh in the whole thing. Unless you count the entire train wreck as a laugh rather than just a waste of time.

It also had a whole bunch of "white people" comments which might work in an edgy stand up routine, but a) they weren't funny and b) it's mainstream film.

Half the characters were fat and stupid. Most were deliberately ugly so that the same "uncanny family resemblance, apart from better looking" joke could be made every 10 minutes.

I haven't looked to see what else the director has done, but he needs to take a hard look at himself before making anything else.

I was expecting this to actually be good from the premise and the reviews online which say to ignore the critics and that it's a laugh a minute. But I think they must be studio plants because it's the worst rubbish I've seen in a long time.

Comment

I watched About Time at the weekend. It was a nice, pleasant film. Pretty much exactly what I expected except that it felt like it reached an ending and then just kept on going for about another 40 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I watched About Time at the weekend. It was a nice, pleasant film. Pretty much exactly what I expected except that it felt like it reached an ending and then just kept on going for about another 40 minutes.
        Did you shout the film's title when it finally ended?

Comment

A FistFul of Dollars - What a great movie! And that soundtrack! Never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Did you shout the film's title when it finally ended?
            Yes. Yes, I did.

Comment

I watched Shoplifters. It's been praised to high heaven but it really is a beautiful, heartwarming film. The story is original, the characters are fascinating and three dimensional, and it's genuinely affecting. You'll laugh and you'll cry. This is a film that will stay with me.

If you are the kind of person who thinks 'I don't watch art house' or 'At what point do the characters transform into giant robots and battle each other?', give it a try. It might be realist, but it's gripping and, most of all, often lots of fun. And there's a mystery at the heart of it that might take you by surprise.

I also watched Project A, on the new Eureka disc. Never seen it before. Liked it a lot, bags of fun. Lots of very big ensemble fights in this one, which is interesting. The sequence on the bicycle was great, and when Jackie leaps from the top of that clock tower and they do his trademark action replay...hahaha, what a nutcase! Love it.

Being critical, the story is definitely weaker than the first Police Story, and its period setting means a reliance on elaborate sets which haven't aged well compared to the location shots used in the Police Story films.

Another solid Jackie though - it's easy to pick holes, but when he's good, he's very good (and he's good here).

Comment

Hi, so I can skip through the film, at what point do the characters turn into giant robots and battle each other?

Comment

Hahaha reminds me of watching Denki Gai with a mate, which is a slice of life anime about a manga shop. He genuinely thought at some point they were going to transform or be sucked into a demon world or something at some point, then the credits rolled and he was like

wat

Comment

Don't need to put comments as they're already done, thanks to the kids we rewatched:

Big Hero 6, Hotel Transylvania, Hotel Transylvania 2 and Aladdin Remake

The only new film we watched was:

The Secret Life of Pets 2

I can see why this failed, it's effectively three separate unrelated storylines like you'd get if they made a TV series. Instead they're intercut then in the last 10 minutes come together for one series that only acts to wrap up one. The writers clearly struggled to come up with a worthwhile plot for the concept.

Comment

That Shoplifters sounds interesting. In a way, you guys are describing the opposite experience to how I felt about The World's End. Once the scifi stuff kicked off I was desperately wanting it to go back to just these guys in a pub coming to terms with their age.

Comment

Deffo watch Shoplifters @Dogg Thang. It's terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          That Shoplifters sounds interesting. In a way, you guys are describing the opposite experience to how I felt about The World's End. Once the scifi stuff kicked off I was desperately wanting it to go back to just these guys in a pub coming to terms with their age.
                          You heard about The World's End as an analogy for Brexit?

With Gary King so staunchly opposed to being controlled and things not being like the good old days, that he would literally bring Britain back to the middle ages, just to prove a point?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            You heard about The World's End as an analogy for Brexit?
                            http://www.farlops.com/2018/05/01/wellsian-paternalism/
                            I hadn't seen that. Yep, it fits.

Comment

Batman: Under The Red Hood. Top notch animated feature that's up there with Mask of the Phantasm.

Comment

Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse

Been wanting to see it again since I saw it in the cinema. It's soooo good. I'm a bit gutted that the rental BR has no extra features at all. I could've just rented it on Amazon in that case. At least they're on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X