No announcement yet.

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours (Steam/PS4/PSVita) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Bought off the US store, and its was ?40 , which with amount of content, in the game i have no probelm with what i paid.

I just hope they dont put it on sale over christmas , i cant see this one dropping quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Just buy it on Steam, what are you all waiting for!?
      I want it on PS4 so I can play on big TV. Also I want to use an arcade stick (if that even makes sense for this game?) but need to know if a PS3 HRAP3 will work with this game on PS4.

Comment

There's no real need for a stick with this title. It offers no benefit over a control pad.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

except I like any excuse to use an arcade stick

Comment

Why the hell is this ?50! I didnt even klnow this was getting a release and saw it and was all "OOOOOOO" then i saw the price and thought it was a mistake lol.

One for the sales hopefully.

Also yeah stick on any shooter is better for me too. You can't say there's no benefit using a stick over a pad, it's personal preference.

Comment

Is it Taito or Sony , that set the price at 50, if it's Taito then I can't see a sale anytime soon, it took then 5 years to,put space invaders IOS on sale. Which it is right now.

Comment

Cracked and bought the Vita version off the PS Store,must be the Christmas spirit
                Now to learn the technique

Comment

?23.99 on Steam until 4th Jan

DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours is the latest installment in Taito's DARIUS series of arcade-style shooting games. Blast hordes of alien sea-monsters, and blaze your own trail through branching environments.

This review on Steam by Rayge should sell it to you

I'm just going to start off by saying I have nothing but praise for this game. With that said I know most STEAM users are going to look at the price point for this and think, "They've GOT to be out of their minds!" No they aren't This game is packed with so much content that I don't think there's a single game of its kind that can topple. I'll even say that you couldn't even combine 3 or 4 games together to get the amount of content that this game has to offer fans of the genre.

Aesthetically this game brings a simple and clean presentation to the table. The UI for ship combat is clean and simple to understand without too much info bombarding the player while they are struggling to keep their ship from a fiery demise. The 3D models are low in the polygon department, yet beautifully designed. Everything from simple cannon fodder enemies to the enormous bosses look great.

When it comes to blasting things into the next dimension this game brings it home. Every stage I've played so far in CS mode feels satisfying to navigate through while serving a healthy dose of destruction to everything in your wake. The slew of ship models in the game keep everything feeling fresh. Each ship brings something different to the table, be it bombs, options (bits), firing patterns, lasers, devastating counter lasers... You're going to have a different experience trying each one.

Areas feel a bit easy at first, but the difficulty steadily increases with each one you go to. And there's 200 of them in this mode. You'll be forced to learn enemy formation patterns, stage layouts, and boss attack patterns. Also, don't worry about encountering the same boss two or three times. While sometimes bosses look the same, their attack patterns sure as heck are not. Nothing I've encountered so far has felt unfair to me and every death I've had in an area has brought me closer to success on my next go around. This game does a great job of being difficult without being frustrating.

The music is another thing in this game that really caught me off guard. The soundtrack and sound design for this game is just superb. Everything feels new yet very nostalgic. It's as if I've been transported over 20 years back to the past to enjoy some of the older games from back in my youth. It's something that just feels great to experience while going through the game. With that said, the music still sounds fresh and sound effects are of a better quality than what us older people had from back in the day.

The thing that boggles my mind with the game is that I haven't even touch AC mode which contains 3 other modes within it and the original aspect ratio of the arcade version which will allow PC players to enjoy an authentic quarter crunching experience. There's one mode (Chronicle I believe) that has 3000 stages that are unlocked by the community. Each "cabinet" is like its own little universe which players can pick before starting AC mode. The further you and players in that cabinet get through Chronicles the more worlds you unlock. It adds a VERY lite MMO aspect to the game which will keep this game fresh far a good long while.

But for me, I'm content with trying to survive through CS mode. I don't see myself finishing that anytime soon since I'm on the less skilled side of the spectrum when it comes to Shoot'em Ups. Like I've stated in the beginning, your money will not go to waste on this game is you're a fan of the genre and have been waiting for a content heavy shmup to come across the STEAM store. PC has been getting a RIDICULOUS amount of fantastic shooters in the last two years and DARIUSBURST has easily sky rocketed to the top 3 in my opinion. This is a top shelf experience and a title that deserves to be in every shmup fan's catalogue.

Comment

Happy to see this getting some love. I'm coming fast up to 100 hours played at the moment.

I was lucky enough to be beta testing this and it's absolutely incredible. I've spent almost all my time in AC mode and I've hardly touched the CS mode at all.

Anyone here playing this come help boost Cabinet 11 up a bit. We chose it over on the shmups forum and Chronicle Mode progress has slowed to an absolute crawl.

I did a couple of No Miss videos of ADH and BEI routes. I've improved a lot since these were taken but unfortunately we've since moved flat in the last few weeks and our connection isn't good enough for me to be streaming / uploading high quality videos. Getting fibre back soon.

Gameplay of the PC version of Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours in arcade mode, showing a high scoring run of the Easy A - D - H route in Original mode. For peo...

Sorry for the low volume, I've got no idea why it's like this and can't seem to fix it! :(Medium route this time - Tackled using 2nd Silver Hawk. :D No laser...
                    Last edited by Silvergun X; 26-12-2015, 11:52.

Comment

Bought it yesterday and installed it today

First time I've paid ?50 for a game in a long time but the way I justify it is that I bought ?70 worth of credit for ?56

It's a nice game but certainly not worth ?50 that's for sure, first time I played it I was dying everywhere but getting to grips with the burst so becoming easier

Voted -8

Mainly due to the actual cost of the game

Comment

I paid 40 off the US store, and I think it's worth every penny, amazing game, loads to it.

Comment

Nah it's not worth ?40 either

I paid the equivalent of around ?35 for it after my cheaper PSN credit, I will put more time into it but ?20 is about the price I would say it's worth

It's a 4 year old arcade machine with extra bits added

Comment

It's easily worth the asking price.

There is so much content here it's stupid. You get the original arcade machine plus the EX version plus an entirely new game in the form of CS mode. There's over 3000 stage variations to play. That's more content than any other game, ever.

It's the most value for money game in existence and you could spend the rest of your life playing it.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
                              Also yeah stick on any shooter is better for me too. You can't say there's no benefit using a stick over a pad, it's personal preference.
                              Apart from if you have it on both PS4 and PS Vita. Then you'd be playing the same game with two different control schemes, which is a caveat and why there is no benefit to using a stick.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                It's easily worth the asking price.

There is so much content here it's stupid. You get the original arcade machine plus the EX version plus an entirely new game in the form of CS mode. There's over 3000 stage variations to play. That's more content than any other game, ever.

It's the most value for money game in existence and you could spend the rest of your life playing it.
                                Lol calm down - little bit extreme fanbois

3000 levels of shooting other ships - are there 3000 different bosses then I will accept what you are saying

I can play streetfighter 3000 times and pretty much every level will at least at some point be a different variation

3000 levels at around 5 minutes a level isn't that about 250 hours so quite a short lifetime

Looks it's lovely but it's an 4-5 year old arcade cabinet so in my opinion it's not worth ?50 - but it's not like I'm alone thinking that

But I bought it and will put some time into it

Comment

Working...
                                X