No announcement yet.

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours (Steam/PS4/PSVita) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you only looking for positive points?

Comment

No Jason. I will welcome all points. I've literally been playing for ten minutes, and I am in LOVE with this title. The attract screen is taking the living piss. It's so AWESOME. I'd like to give multiplayer a try, so if you are up for it, get in touch.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah I would be up for that

Put a fair time into AC and EX mode as well as around 20 levels in CS

Comment

How does the beam battling work? I'm waiting for the third chime, but it doesn't initiate. What am I missing?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

When I started playing I used full beam all the time but a double tap will bring in a smaller more focused beam and since it tops up every time you kill an enemy when you have swarms (and some bosses like hungry gluttons) it can remain active for some time and causes a lot more damage - also can be used as protection against certain bullets

One of my biggest gripes is the price but I also think it's quite lazy in that you might have multiple bosses by there really is only 10 different bosses with multiple names like hungry gluttons, armoured gluttons, skinny gluttons etc

Also for some reason you can set the buttons to what you want but in CS mode using certain Hawks it reverts back, so on a mission with multiple levels and ships your button layout changes for each hawk plus Sprite detection isn't the best at times
            Last edited by buster_broon; 07-02-2016, 22:04.

Comment

It seems like you have to set the buttons for every ship. It appears to save your config.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I think its a awesome package , even at this price which is cheap compared to old machines anyways, and its not a title to trade in anyways its a keeper.

Comment

not sure if all the gushing is really that justified. Its a decent enough shooter, but G-darius is much better and compared to other shooters like RFA, it isnt even close in terms of gameplay. Its very good though and nice to see taito still supporting the franchise.

Comment

I think it's because games like this are super-rare nowadays.

Anyway, I still cannot get the beam duel to work. It doesn't turn yellow and die every time. Is there something I'm missing?
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

No issues with it here. I depend more on the visuals (over audio) to time my button press. Try pressing and holding slightly late, so that your ship is very close to the laser when you initiate. Maybe try shielding up for practice.

Comment

I've watched various videos, but I just can't work it out. I haven't got the "cut in" method to work a single time. I'll keep practicing as I think I'm pressing the button too soon.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Same here Joe,my timing is ****e

Comment

Anybody got the Vita version?
                            just had a 34mb patch for it but didn't get to read the update info.

Comment

I went for physical Vita edition, but any UK PS+ types holding out for the PS4 version might like to know it's now down to ?27.99 (44% discount from ?49.99).

Comment

that is a much better price and definitely worth it now

Comment

Working...
                                X