Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason there’s no Netflix etc on Switch is probably because Nintendo would be expected to contribute to dev costs for it, and they won’t. See also: lack of DVD playback on the Wii for the same reason. As Vabarna says, I just don’t think they’d see it as making a material difference to their bottom line so they’re not bothered.

Also to play devil’s advocate, I’d go ahead and say I don’t think a robust Virtual Console would make any difference to it getting hacked or not. That stuff deffo would have happened anyway I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Also to play devil’s advocate, I’d go ahead and say I don’t think a robust Virtual Console would make any difference to it getting hacked or not. That stuff deffo would have happened anyway I reckon.
      I don't disagree with this at all.

Virtual Console as a general concept was dead long before the Switch emerged. It certainly wouldn't have made a jot of difference to the hacking of the hardware, especially not when the main method of hacking the first run of Switch hardware was a hardware exploit that Nintendo were unable to patch.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 30-01-2020, 13:23.

Comment

The Outer Worlds arrives on NS on 06 March 2020 but don't bother with the physical release as you just get a download code.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          And Nintendo wonders why the Switch has been so extensively hacked, it's beyond capable of so much and they just won't let it do any of it even though the only real way forward with it would lead to more $$$
          ... for Netflix, though? Not Nintendo. If the machine was struggling, it would be worth it for them, but they've no reason to do it while its flying off the shelves.

Comment

Nintendo's President breaks a thousand Era hearts by stating that there is no new version of the Switch being released in 2020

Comment

Nintendo has announced a gorgeous limited edition Animal Crossing Switch which will launch on 13 March

Comment

Oh, that is very pretty.

The one island per Switch thing is interesting and I'm curious as to how that will feel in families. Even if you have multiple copies of the game, it's a single island per Switch so you're all sharing the same space.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Nintendo has announced a gorgeous limited edition Animal Crossing Switch which will launch on 13 March

I'm in. Bloody Nintendo.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Oh, that is very pretty.

The one island per Switch thing is interesting and I'm curious as to how that will feel in families. Even if you have multiple copies of the game, it's a single island per Switch so you're all sharing the same space.
                    You must be kidding. Even for different profiles?
                    Edit: Misunderstood. You have your own home at least.

Comment

I do hope that Nintendo release the Joy-Con for that Animal Crossing Switch separately.

Comment

That's deffo the best LE they've done for the system. Really nice.

Comment

That really is very pretty.

Comment

I’ve cracked and pre ordered one off the Nintendo store. GAME is over charging per usual

Comment

Amazed the EU got this special ed. Nintendo love to keep the good stuff for Japan.

Looks lovely.

Comment

This is how they get you. Look at you all falling over to worship at the feet of the master, slaves to the pretty paint job. Look at you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X