No announcement yet.

Ghost of Tsushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's just me but this is definitely in the Arkham Asylum combat camp, nowhere near Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Maybe it's just me but this is definitely in the Arkham Asylum combat camp, nowhere near Souls
      I think that's fair, yes. Sucker Punch have decided to keep the camera close to the action at all times which keeps the combat looking great, but due to the freedom of having no lock-on, this can result in some jarring camera angles. More so when in the middle of a forest.

Comment

Yep, I find most fights are fine and the game does a good job of staggering enemy attacks but definitely the camera is the most common issue, like when you have numerous enemies surrounding you instead a Fort and the camera squishes itself against a wall forcing you to miss signed attacks

Comment

Ahh bloody hell, after reading all these comments on how good this game has turned out to be (it does sound damn good) i have caved and just brought myself a PS4. Was going to wait for PS5 and possible backwards compatabilty but i cant wait that long, especially considering there has been nothing decent released for ages nor does it look like it will be until the autumn. Just got to keep it out of the wife's view, dont think she will be amused.

Comment

The combat is less sign-posted than in the Batman games. They sometimes feel more like a rhythm game than an action game.

I'm liking Tsushima more and more. It so immersive ... I feel like I could lose myself for hours in it. The world is just a great place to be. Battle are great fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I find the combat to be rather poor, and the game isn't that great. Ninja Gaiden combat system on the OG Xbox is so much better. Its seems to me that all the effort went to the foliage system, which does look rather nice, shame about the rest of the game

Comment

The more I play, the more skills I unlock, the better it gets.

There's some annoyances. Lots of fading to black between cutscenes so characters are in the right place etc but if I hadn't played TLOU2 before with it's peerless animation system I probably wouldn't be as bothered.

It looks ridiculous! It's done the same thing as Spider-Man where traversal across the world is fun so you don't think to use fast travel. The added bonus of not using FT is that you often discover more side quests / collectibles as you roam.

On the odd occasion that I have used FT it is stupidly fast! No more than 7 - 8 seconds which is incredible stuff when compared to other open world games like Horizon or Spidey.

Combat has opened up a lot now that I have certain consumables to throw (literally) into the mix. Being able to parry more powerful enemy attacks as you level up slowly turns you into a bad ass killing machine.

It's this years Days Gone but with a greater level of polish from the get go.

It's great, buy it.
                Last edited by teddymeow; 21-07-2020, 07:35.

Comment

I'm having the same experience where it's getting better every time I play.

Yeah, levelling up your combat skills makes you look even more graceful and bad ass dealing with enemies. Being able to chain stand-off attacks or chain assassinations. Lovely stuff.

I love the combat so much that I will just stand up out my bush and shout "who wants a go then?" (Stand off) regardless of how many there are. Oh, the death scenes (when you die) are hilarious at times. A couple of weaker dudes will kick me when down until some one bigger comes over to finish you off... The death can take about 5 seconds sometimes. Rubbing your nose in it!

I still stop and smell the flowers far too much in this. Absolutely beautiful.

As a game with a story, I really think it works well for me as the cut scenes don't go on for more than a minute. You want me to deal with someone? Cool, I will go and get them. That tends to be it. Simple and to the point. It's not super deep, it allows you to do all the stuff you want to do pretty quickly. If you don't get distracted by other stuff in the world and go off on an unplanned detour (which happens every time!

Oh and the loading of the world during gameplay (fast travel), try and read a tips screen during loading... Forget about it. Loving it!
                  Last edited by hudson; 21-07-2020, 08:11.

Comment

I enjoyed the few hours I did yesterday, I'd agree that new moves open up the combat a bit and make encounters easier. The game definitely shifts wildly from good looking to fugly and back on a regular basis. The mention of Spider-Man feels like the most apt on, I always found that game was merely decent rather than as good as is made out as I never found it was that different from the third party efforts that had gone before it. Ghosts is more distinct than that game but as the reviews have said I can see how it could get overly repetitive as it has little to its gameplay loop.

Comment

Where are these ugly bit you mention? Is it the come down during a specific time when the lighting isn't the best?

Comment

It's very moment to moment, I find that for much of the game you have distant sunsets and reflections going on in the distance which make things look really scenic and lovely. But during plainer weather moments especially with less foliage it can come apart very easily. I tried to find an exampel screenshot but they all share the same theme of looking good but because of a distant sun cascading across nighttime puddles or a field of grass. I think the game is designed to convey a particular 'look' but being open world there are times it can't maintain that image consistently and the illusion quickly falls apart in those moments.

Comment

Yeah, it deffo to do with the lighting which is gorgeous, but when that sun goes away, yeah I know what you mean. That's why I call it a come down lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                            Where are these ugly bit you mention? Is it the come down during a specific time when the lighting isn't the best?
                            Can't talk for Neon, but I find the Water effects to be embarrassing and real 1st gen stuff. I mean in the Pic below what's mean to be sea and waves crashing into the shore is basically a black texture with a crappy animated white line

Comment

I kind of like that depiction of the waves from a distance. However, on close inspection the sea is PS2 lol.

Strangely, the streams and rivers inland are of better visual quality. Interaction with all water is pretty poor in comparison to other this gen.

Still, this is a beautiful looking game.

Last edited by hudson; 21-07-2020, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X