Mario Sports Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario Sports Series

Right, so this is instigated by watching some videos of Mario Baseball on the Cube and loving the look of it. I honestly do not know how I missed this title.

Mario Kart I guess was the first game in this subset, that has grown to a variety of titles that seem to get redone each generation. Have fond memories of Mario Tennis and Golf on the N64 as well. Never played Strikers either on the Cube or Wii, or Basketball or Sports Mix. Need to pick up a few of these it looks like.

Have I forgotten any? Thoughts and opinions on these titles plus their evolution or lack of it on each generation. Personally I think they are great and sometimes do not get the credit they deserve as being seen as milking the franchise...excluding Kart the progenitor.

Not even touched on the DS & 3DS either which have their own versions.
    Last edited by CAPCOM; 15-06-2020, 17:56.

Someone's gonna be along to extoll the virtues of Mario Strikers in 3... 2... 1...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

Someone's gonna be along to extoll the virtues of Mario Strikers in 3... 2... 1...
      Never did get round to playing that but I did really enjoy Mario Golf on the Gamecube

Comment

I've always been impressed by the fact that Mario and Bowser have been able to put their differences aside for a few games of five-a-side or a round of golf.

Or...does this mean...Peach was never in any real danger? That it was all a setup?

Food for thought, certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I've always been impressed by the fact that Mario and Bowser have been able to put their differences aside for a few games of five-a-side or a round of golf.

Or...does this mean...Peach was never in any real danger? That it was all a setup?

Food for thought, certainly.
          Well that's definitely the case in Mario 3; the whole game is a stage play.

This is also why people say that Waluigi is the guy on the cast with the most going on. Whenever Mario has a party, Bowser, Luigi... Those guys got nothing going on. Waluigi though? "No, Mazza, I can't come kart racing this weekend. Got my own **** to do."

Comment

I love the Mario Kart series. Away from that, I also like Mario Golf & Tennis. Haven't played 'Strikers', probably because I have Sega Soccer Slam.

I have the Mario & Sonic Olympics games in my collection but haven't played them. There are just too many games to get through.

I like how all the sporty Mario games bolster the franchise and are mostly top quality. They help to keep Nintendo going strong.

Comment

Mario golf is lovely. So is Mario tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                I love the Mario Kart series. Away from that, I also like Mario Golf & Tennis. Haven't played 'Strikers', probably because I have Sega Soccer Slam.

I have the Mario & Sonic Olympics games in my collection but haven't played them. There are just too many games to get through.

I like how all the sporty Mario games bolster the franchise and are mostly top quality. They help to keep Nintendo going strong.
                Sega Soccer Slam was so good

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Sega Soccer Slam was so good
                  I was playing the GameCube version a few weeks ago and it's still a nice looking, really playable game.

GameCube Progressive Scan.

Comment

Bowser can take time out from kidnapping Peach as he never intends to kill and overthrow her, Bowsers all about:

It' smore concerning that Mario is so easy to set that aside

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      I was playing the GameCube version a few weeks ago and it's still a nice looking, really playable game.

GameCube Progressive Scan.
                      One of my most played Multi Player games back in the 'Cube days, absolutely loved the ridiculousness of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X