Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2020 Metal Slug

I would advise most of you to sit down before viewing

SNK and @TiMiStudios, a subsidiary of @TencentGames, are happy to announce that we are working closely to create a new unnamed mobile game, Code: J, for the ...

I think I hate it. And yet I kind of appreciate what they have managed to pull off here. I mean, I never wanted what they've done here but they attempted it and, actually, seem to have achieved what they set out to do. It's like if someone makes sushi. I'll never eat it, I don't want it and I don't even want to smell it but I can appreciate the skill involved.

Comment

I like the way they’ve done the visuals, but I’m a bit confused by the fact that this is supposedly a new game, yet practically everything in it is lifted from the previous ones.

If it’s just a mega mix of old stuff, I don’t really need that to be honest.

Comment

At least they added a bevel to the clipart.

Comment

Looks utter crap and like Konami is making it

Comment

That’s like Uncanny Valley Metal Slug. It’s familiar but not quite right. I was expecting to see an all new game but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. If it plays like a proper Metal Slug no doubt I’ll buy it.

Yakumo will need to add it to a Battle of the Ports episode.

Comment

without that exquisite animation it just looks gash, its what the core of MS has always been. If they had animated better it would have looked at least half decent but in that current form it looks like some jank budget switch title.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I think I hate it. And yet I kind of appreciate what they have managed to pull off here. I mean, I never wanted what they've done here but they attempted it and, actually, seem to have achieved what they set out to do. It's like if someone makes sushi. I'll never eat it, I don't want it and I don't even want to smell it but I can appreciate the skill involved.
                Yeah; I'm with you on this. I dislike it. However, given what they've obviously tried to do (i.e. reinvent Metal Slug in 2.5d with an element of the modern 3D cartoon style aesthetic seen in titles like Overwatch), I think this is a very, very good expression of that idea.

I just don't like it.

Comment

Urgh mobile game by Tencent. Can't wait to drop five bucks for a heavy machine gun.

Comment

I'll pass. Looks like a remake/mix of stages from the old games. What's with the RPG elements and running around a 3D world though?

Anyway, don't like the vibes this is giving me.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      That’s like Uncanny Valley Metal Slug. It’s familiar but not quite right. I was expecting to see an all new game but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. If it plays like a proper Metal Slug no doubt I’ll buy it.

Yakumo will need to add it to a Battle of the Ports episode.
                      Nah, this looks turd plus it has tencent games involved. They're owned by the CCP and I'll have nothing to do with them. They've ruined the world with their custom virus.

Wow, that got dark but...... Yeah.

Comment

I went through a whirlwind of emotion on this.
                        YEY, new Metal Slug... Wait, is it new? Do I like this art style? Ugh what's this weird 3D bit? Tencent involved? Screw off.

Comment

Errrm, yeah dunno. Everything about me wants to hate it but I don't, graphics are okish for a 2.5D remake. But nothing new to see see here might as well play the real ones.

Comment

It’s a mobile game though, right? So it’s not like most of us would have played it anyway.

Comment

Looks good to me. Streets of rage clip art knee jerk reaction?

Comment

Working...
                              X