No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A perfect Birthday treat as well! Such a wonderful game.

Comment

The topics says anything in caps so today I received a Sinclair QL rgb scary cable. Not exciting enough to warrant pics. But, when my psu and keyboard fools arrive and I power it up, THEN you will see pics!

Comment

About time we had more QLs round here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          I bet that wasn't cheap.
          Christ it was not that long ago it could be had for under £100. Now it’s twice that!

I was always looking to get it myself but looking at the price, I’ll stick with the MD Mini version, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
            Christ it was not that long ago it could be had for under £100. Now it’s twice that!

I was always looking to get it myself but looking at the price, I’ll stick with the MD Mini version, thanks.
            Wow, 200 plus pounds? That's a lot of cash.

Comment

Really? Might be selling mine now then

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                Wow, 200 plus pounds? That's a lot of cash.
                It’s strange how games that are very common cost so much now. Take the Japanese Tengen port of Marble Madness - billions of copies on eBay right now yet it commands a similar price.

Comment

I had no idea it had risen so high. I bought a copy in Akiba years ago and it was around £30 or so. Retro prices are just nuts now, especially US releases of JRPGs. Panzer Saga is now a $1000 game. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Ebay is truly crazy sometimes, i had a sealed first print copy of puyo puyo sun sat on my watch list for ages because at £147 i wasn't prepared to bite i kept it on hoping it would drop in price however it vanished because ebay said it's no longer available amazingly somebody bought it. Funnily enough another seller just listed a sealed new copy of the same game for £15, umm why yes i would like that copy thankyou lol
                    What does it go for on the Saturn now? I bought a copy on eBay in decent condition 3 years ago for a whopping £3. Funnily enough I was playing it this afternoon and I realised how rubbish I am now at Puyo. I used to be pretty good, back in the day...

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                      I had no idea it had risen so high. I bought a copy in Akiba years ago and it was around £30 or so. Retro prices are just nuts now, especially US releases of JRPGs. Panzer Saga is now a $1000 game. Madness.
                      Yeah, it’s bollocks really. I’m so glad about the mini consoles as although the emulation isn’t 100% the authenticity is there. Playing an MD or SNES mini feels just like the real deal and provides a lot of (sometimes expensive) games for your buck.

Comment

If for nothing other than a laugh, my next few posts in this thread are going to be retro items I bought because I was a wee bit drunk.

Despite having been long out of the retro loop, sometimes I'll see stuff and the old reflexes kick in, seeing mystery parcels arrive at the door some time later. First up is undoubtedly one of the most stupid ones as I no longer own either a PC-Engine or a Mega Drive, yet it didn't stop me. (Well, I have minis but they hardly count!)

So, I bought this bundle from PCE Works, to be honest I could've cancelled this one but curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see how good a job they'd done of it, and I knew I could always chuck it back on eBay to get rid of it. So here we go with the Darius Alpha/Darius pack.

The main thing that got me interested here was that it actually contained a reproduction HuCard of the daftly rare Darius Alpha. Having owned an original of this back in the collecting days (Which in comparison to todays madness I paid an almost decent £550 for) I wanted to see how close they'd got with this. And I have to say, it's pretty much spot on, apart from them thankfully putting PCE Works logos on to make it clear it's a repro.

The 3D printed case and HuCard seem to be of a very high quality and I was actually pretty impressed, but then they also made some pretty nifty add ons. Since the game is enhanced on the Super Grafx, they also included a SGFX card slipcase for the game -

On top of that there was a whole bunch of other extras. When you received the genuine Darius Alpha it came with a letter which there's a reproduction of. Also flyers, steel pin badge, an actual manual for the game (the original doesn't have one) Darius comics, postcards, comics etc. Yeah, it's all tat but it's all incredibly well done.

Because I bought it early I was given the option of getting a bonus bundle that also included a Japanese MD copy of the unreleased Darius which recently featured on the MD Mini. Again, they've done an amazing job on this. The artwork and packaging is great, and the cart/manual/reg card are all as you would've expected an actual release to have looked. Only weird thing is they've used a hang tab case though?

Oh, and the last thing included was 3D glasses for both games. Just for that final piece of tat.

So yeah, that's what happens when I've had a few beers and I'm bored. No matter what you think of PCE Works though, and god knows I've slagged them off plenty of times myself, this really is a pretty impressive package. Which is of absolutely no use to me.

Comment

Lovely looking set and one I completely missed!

think I could start a whole new thread on stuff I have bought when drunk! Glad it worked out ok for you on this occasion some of mine have been terrible choices.

If the Mega Drive game is of no use, I’ll happily take it off your hands and you are right only some late MD releases in Japan had hang tabs, as a rule most didn’t.
                          Last edited by dyer60; 19-05-2020, 18:23.

Comment

If the MD Darius never gets released by Joshprod/LRG/Columbus Circle etc then I think you are sitting on a goldmine there thanks to the hoops you had to jump through to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                              and you are right only some late MD releases I’m Japan had hang tabs.
                              Did the recent Columbus Circle games have hang tabs? I got the Jp version of Xeno Crisis which had a Jp cart but also had a hang tab on the box. I assumed there wasn’t anyone producing the non-hang tab versions these days.

Comment

They only made a “few dozen” of the MD cart and it sold out in no time, no idea how many dozen that is though.

Comment

Working...
                                X