No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'm still getting to grips with the lens but I do feel it's going to be worth the cost

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
      Thanks. I'm still getting to grips with the lens but I do feel it's going to be worth the cost
      I can assure you it will be.

Had my 200/2 for a few years now, some of the shots I've had really am pleased with but but still learning as the there is always something to bring you down with a bump.
      Last year did some shots of the daughter's ballet recital and went in really confident but overall my technique let me down - also realised that whilst 6ps is fine for planes I found I could have done with something a bit quicker for ballet.

Comment

Been experimenting with some techniques to produce super-resolution images

Here is the photo I processed and below is the original image vs the superesolution one

Paris Graveyard by Adam Fairclough, on Flickr

Comment

Couple of night time shots this week, still getting to grips with it & haven't had great conditions so far.

5C5A1101 by Pete Johns, on Flickr

5C5A1129-2 by Pete Johns, on Flickr
          Last edited by PeteJ; 17-01-2016, 09:37.

Comment

Because I've not taken enough photographs of Burghley House.

Comment

5C5A1235 by Pete Johns, on Flickr

5C5A1191 by Pete Johns, on Flickr

Comment

One from the weekend.

Comment

I have to apologise for the incoming bad weather guys.
                  I have a Canon 7D MK II turning up this week, so it's inevitable that the weather will be too poor for me to use it.
                  I came really close to picking up the 5D MkIII, but I don't really think it's suitable for just a birding camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                    I have to apologise for the incoming bad weather guys.
                    I have a Canon 7D MK II turning up this week, so it's inevitable that the weather will be too poor for me to use it.
                    I came really close to picking up the 5D MkIII, but I don't really think it's suitable for just a birding camera.
                    Let us know on your thoughts of the 7d mkII. Love my 7d.

Comment

I'm hoping it's as notable an upgrade over the 7D that many are saying. Seems perfect for bird photography, so I'm looking forward to hopefully testing it at the weekend.

Comment

The 7D was released in 2009, so it's sure to be a step up Important thing is you like using it.

I was out birding a couple of months back for Ospreys, I only got these Cormorants

Comment

Testing out a Christmas present. I have the DSLR adapater and extended barrow lens, but this was just using an iphone down the 20X eye piece. Can't wait to look at Saturn rings!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            The 7D was released in 2009, so it's sure to be a step up Important thing is you like using it.

I was out birding a couple of months back for Ospreys, I only got these Cormorants

This picture hurts my brain. Why is there a giant poppadom floating in the sky?

Comment

Clearly it's blue cheese

Comment

I thought it was a mouldy pineapple slice!
                                I like it though, makes the image look really interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X