No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it wrong of me that I'm not that big a fan of that set? I love the scale of it but it looks... messy, like Lego hadn't finished working out how to design it

Comment

I don't know... I like it. I think it looks pretty amazing. My big thing with that set is that I simply don't have anywhere for it to go when it's built. I have no idea what I would do with it. I want it... but I'm not sure I can actually have it.

Comment

I'd love to build it but the display factor isn't there for me either. I like that it exists though

Comment

I'm definitely thinking of getting one of those knockoff kits.

Did Ali Express work out for you, Supes?

Maybe something Technic from Lepin.
          Most Lego cars look a bit naff to me though, IMHO.
          I might get the equivalent of one of those Merc trucks from the top of this page that [MENTION=3138]toythatkills[/MENTION] built, or a camper van.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Is it wrong of me that I'm not that big a fan of that set? I love the scale of it but it looks... messy, like Lego hadn't finished working out how to design it
            Have you seen it in person? I mean, I'm not even much of a fan of Star Wars but it looks amazing. I'm not really sure what you mean by messy, I can kind of see an interpretation of "messiness" but it looks pretty authentic to the ship as it is in the films.

Comment

Are those Solo: A Star Wars Story sets genuine?
              I like how the missing bit at the front once had something there.

I saw the Falcon set in The Lego Store in London. I didn't look too closely at it as I couldn't get over the price! £649.99!

Comment

Yep, seen it set up in a couple of Lego stores when we've been out and about. I don't know if it's due to the scale but for me it feels overbusy due to the amount of exterior parts. I tend to prefer the Falcon's that are scaled down a little more as the design feels a little cleaner and fitting.

The Star Destroyer is very nice though that's in large scale, the interior of it isn't that great but great exterior.

AliExpress worked really well for me in theory. Quick and cheap, the only thing is if I start building it and some pieces are missing though I'm assuming it wouldn't be many as the box weighed a ton and is absolutely stuffed with pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  AliExpress worked really well for me in theory. Quick and cheap, the only thing is if I start building it and some pieces are missing though I'm assuming it wouldn't be many as the box weighed a ton and is absolutely stuffed with pieces.
                  Great, I might wait until you've built one before splashing the cash!

Comment

Doesn’t look like that giant Millennium Falcon is available any more so that eases that decision. Still open to other suggestions for a good set to go for.

Comment

I was only joking really anyway.

Do you have any preferences? Themes you like, Creator, Superhero stuff? Technic? What's your actual budget? Are we talking £50 or £250?

Comment

Lego is the bestest toy ever isn't it?

My 5 and 7 yr old boys are well into it. My eldest got The Simpsons house for Christmas. It's so impressive. He can't stop building it and tearing it down again. He just building Boost. A programmable robot (or cat, guitar, digger or an automatic lego robot builder factory!). Again, amazing.

We also got some Lego Batman sets such as the Batcave. Lots of City stuff. Pizza trucks, bus station, coast guard response unit, police choppers, 4x4s, airplanes....

effing Lego everywhere!

My sons want the Kwik E Mart, but it seems out of stock everywhere now and possibly discontinued!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          Lego is the bestest toy ever isn't it?

My 5 and 7 yr old boys are well into it. My eldest got The Simpsons house for Christmas. It's so impressive. He can't stop building it and tearing it down again. He just building Boost.
                          It absolutely is. Our youngest got the Simpson's House the Christmas before last and the Kwik-e-Mart the one before that. He's got them on a shelf in his bedroom with the Lego Simpsons minifigs set up all over them. They look amazing. Such enjoyable builds for him too.

This morning he finished his last Christmas set ...

Since Christmas morning he's built:
                          - Green Ninja Mech Dragon
                          - Pizza Van
                          - Joker Manor
                          - Minecraft The Waterfall Base
                          - Ninjago Quake Mech
                          - First Order Star Destroyer

... and I built The Old Fishing Store which is simply wonderful ... you can hear the seagulls and smell the fish and chips just looking at it

Comment

Obligatory LED kit post!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                              I was only joking really anyway.

Do you have any preferences? Themes you like, Creator, Superhero stuff? Technic? What's your actual budget? Are we talking £50 or £250?
                              Not into the Technic but I’m kind of open about the rest of it. I have a lot of Star Wars stuff because I love Star Wars but I just like Lego. Have been tempted by that Detectives Office but a big Star Wars set might be cool. So much grey though. Budget is on the high end so yeah I could go up to a couple of hundred, I reckon.

In other news, check out and support this Wipeout Lego Ideas submission: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/41e5...form=hootsuite

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Have been tempted by that Detectives Office
                                Still my favourite Lego set. A real joy to build and looks great on the bookshelf ...

Only potential taker of its crown is the Parisian Restaurant but I haven't built that one yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X