General Emulation Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    These were shut down before the rest of Xbox Live v1, and would probably need someone to reverse-engineer their server support.
    I was playing PGR2 yesterday - and I felt a lot of nostalgia for the game that made me wish I could play it online again. I will hope that some clever people manage to get it working, because it's sad that you can't just play old games like this online again. I think lots of people would be up for revisiting PGR2 if it could be played online.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I've been hoping for Xbox emulation for years, seeing it's PC architecture. Would be cool if games like PGR2 could be played online again.
      Same here mate, I'd love to replay those Sega exclusives.

Comment

Comment

I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks for the heads up _SD_

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
            I've tried to set this up so many ruddy times without success. Be good to see if anyone can do this successfully!
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Here’s a related thing: a legal (almost, maybe, untested as yet) lending library of ROMs - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...problem/?amp=1
              The other loophole is to be like most modern ROM/ISO sites and link to files hosted on Google Drive. That way you aren't the one hosting them and Google is. Lots of sites I've seen doing that now.

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
              I've tried to set this up so many ruddy times without success. Be good to see if anyone can do this successfully!
              Problem with that Escape-To-88 is the version of MAME being used is so old most games have rather poor emulation that's 0.078 (2003) we are now up to 0.200. Suspect that version may not like modern PC hardware. Would love to get some of those old light gun arcade games up and running, while Wii motes aren't as good as light guns, it's certainly far better than having to use a joypad. If someone does get a modern version of MAME up and running with Wii motes I'd love to see it.
              Last edited by S3M; 29-08-2018, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                The other loophole is to be like most modern ROM/ISO sites and link to files hosted on Google Drive. That way you aren't the one hosting them and Google is. Lots of sites I've seen doing that now.
                Yeah, I can well imagine that would get shot down pretty quickly though. It would be like if you kept a drug stash out the back of Tesco. You could argue it was on Tesco property and so theirs but I can't imagine it would hold up all that long. I also imagine there are terms on Drive assuming ownership of anything you put there but who ever reads the terms and conditions so I have no idea.

Comment

Yeah, I can well imagine that would get shot down pretty quickly though. It would be like if you kept a drug stash out the back of Tesco. You could argue it was on Tesco property and so theirs but I can't imagine it would hold up all that long. I also imagine there are terms on Drive assuming ownership of anything you put there but who ever reads the terms and conditions so I have no idea.
                  I totally agree with you Dogg, but the thing is that it is so easy and quick to set up a Google account, that as soon as one gets closed you just open another.
                  Last edited by S3M; 29-08-2018, 13:54.

Comment

Problem with that Escape-To-88 is the version of MAME being used is so old most games have rather poor emulation that's 0.078 (2003) we are now up to 0.200. Suspect that version may not like modern PC hardware. Would love to get some of those old light gun arcade games up and running, while Wii motes aren't as good as light guns, it's certainly far better than having to use a joypad. If someone does get a modern version of MAME up and running with Wii motes I'd love to see it.
                    I'm able to get Wiimotes to work fine with the m2 emulator, always had issues with MAME, even using various guides. It shouldn't make a difference. It's only an older version as that's generally the preferred version of MAME for the Pi for compatibility/speed. Newer builds work fine on the Pi, so would imagine it should work fine. In reality other than Virtua Cop and HOTD on the M2 emulator I'm not sure how well the non-ps1 and PS2 titles hold up. I can already play all the great Namxo stuff on my PS2 on a CRT so as cool as it would be, I suspect I would use it for 5 minutes and then just return to the PS2/3 and M2
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I totally agree with you Dogg, but the thing is that it is so easy and quick to set up a Google account, that as soon as one gets closed you just open another.
                      You're right. And now that I think about it, having watched guys on TV try to dump their stash while the cops have them caught makes me wonder if my Tesco analogy is correct. I've never tried it to be honest.

Comment

You're right. And now that I think about it, having watched guys on TV try to dump their stash while the cops have them caught makes me wonder if my Tesco analogy is correct. I've never tried it to be honest.
                        Better analogy would be it's like an old bank left to rot still full of unclaimed cash. These sites are like sellers providing a tourist map to it, they don't commit the crime directly only the ones who take the map. Would it wash in court? Who knows, depends how expensive their lawyers are. The law often tends to be very poorly worded and full of loopholes or unexplained scenarios.

Comment

Law is poorly worded and complex and involves hundreds of years of precedent so the standard person can't interpret it. That's to enable it to be required to pay a lawyer tons of money.

Comment

lol seems the snes classic is now upto dreamcast emulation, how they managed it i do not know but it seems to run shockingly well considering what it's running on.
                            No more in game C7 crashes!!! Much smoother and more seamless game play. Less time to make a sandwich, drink beer, or take a bathroom break! Will post next...

Comment

Is that real?! Seems unlikely... but pretty amazing if it's the real deal. Just what's in the SNES Mini?

Comment

its real, the snes classics modding thread on reddit has all the info about the latest core tweaks for emulators and new releases. It's not perfect as there are graphical & sound issues but they seem to be improving with each new update. Whatever Nintendo put in that thing it's obviously more powerful than was needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X