• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Was better than Brodderick one!

Comment

Leaked image from Godzilla vs Kong

From a recent panel on the film, that's the silhouettes of Godzilla battling King Kong atop an aircraft carrier

Comment

Big Spoiler is out:

Comment

Godzilla vs Kong has had to have significant reshoots due to poor test screenings. I just hope that the kaiju quota is high, and doesn’t go all Uprising with other twaddle.

Comment

Legendary Pictures’ forthcoming big budget “Godzilla vs. Kong,” the fourth film in its Monster-verse of movies following 2014’s “Godzilla,” 2017’s “Kong: Skull Island” and 2019’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters,” looks to be heading to streaming. Heat Vision reports that Netflix made an offer of more than $200 million for the film while WarnerMedia has […]

Godzilla vs Kong might be going to streaming release. I'm increasingly of the mind that G&K will end up as the last entry

Comment

Godzilla vs Kong has moved forward two months to 26 March 2021

Comment

GvK trailer is out! Go watch it. Looks somehow way more CG than the previous movies but I’m all in for it. Looks epic.

Edit:

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-01-2021, 19:02.

Comment

Why is Godzila now much smaller? I just don’t understand.

Comment

I think it’s that Kong is way bigger now. Look at the size of him in the preview thumbnail.

Comment

Oh that music is terrible. And no Ziyi Zhang. Hopefully this installment features less squishy bipeds and loads of kaiju action.

Comment

Hopeful this delivers as G2 was a big drop off on quality

Comment

Those of the words of someone who just doesn’t like Godzilla films.

Comment

Loved the trailer!

In Kong: Skull Island, they mention he's an adolescent, so he's grown to Godzilla's size.
                            Also, it's not real (Shatner.gif) and it'd be a short film if Godzilla mashed him in 2 seconds.
                            He got bigger, #dealwithit.

Also this happens:

Look at the bit about 3 seconds in where people are running down the stairs.
                            I'm pretty sure, if you look carefully, you can see... (genuine spoilers, not a joke this time)

Mechagodzilla.

It's definitely robotic, and the previous film hinted at stealing parts of Ghidorah and the toy spoilers revealed a robotic skeleton.

The trailer hints at G getting made to attack, so maybe it's related to that and they have to team up to stop it, setting up the next film, which is a road movie with G & KK as best buds driving around and getting into the kind of japes only true friends can.

Comment

My prediction on that last thing, QC:

The trailer very much makes out Godzilla to be the villain here, with Kong being summoned to stop him. I think (hope) they'll deliver on that rather than any bait and switch so the plot question which is clearly brought up several times in the trailer is what is setting Godzilla off? In the background of one shot, there is also a very clear set of plans that look like Mechagodzilla. And we know that the humans have been messing with stuff and there was another Ghidorah head at the end of the last film. So I'm guessing humans are messing with things they shouldn't, which is what is pissing off Godzilla. The Mechagodzilla is probably made using Ghidorah parts or something.

It's funny though, even with my total adoration for Mechagodzilla, the concept of humans building one has always been a real stretch for me because of just how much damage happens every time they try to use one. It's pretty much the most impractical weapon they could create.

Anyway, I'm totally hyped for this. My only one bit of sadness is that I won't get to see it in a giant cinema with a huge screen and huge sound pounding me to a bloody pulp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                My prediction on that last thing, QC:

The trailer very much makes out Godzilla to be the villain here, with Kong being summoned to stop him. I think (hope) they'll deliver on that rather than any bait and switch so the plot question which is clearly brought up several times in the trailer is what is setting Godzilla off? In the background of one shot, there is also a very clear set of plans that look like Mechagodzilla. And we know that the humans have been messing with stuff and there was another Ghidorah head at the end of the last film. So I'm guessing humans are messing with things they shouldn't, which is what is pissing off Godzilla. The Mechagodzilla is probably made using Ghidorah parts or something.

It's funny though, even with my total adoration for Mechagodzilla, the concept of humans building one has always been a real stretch for me because of just how much damage happens every time they try to use one. It's pretty much the most impractical weapon they could create.

Anyway, I'm totally hyped for this. My only one bit of sadness is that I won't get to see it in a giant cinema with a huge screen and huge sound pounding me to a bloody pulp.
                                Yeah, I agree with all of this DT, especially about

Mechagodzilla being made by humans. Never really got into the newer films as he was controlled by the UN or something, but he really needs to be made out of Spacetitanium by evil space gorillas from the Third Planet of the Black Hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X