CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    It won't be long before the government enforces a curfew if infections don't start levelling off because it's clear loads of people still don't get the seriousness of situation, based on the vox pop on the news today and I wouldn't be completely surprised by rationing either.
    The supermarkets should have stopped panic buying from the start, was obvious this would happen. Shelves are empty where i am 🤷

Comment

That ain't happening then.

There are a few "click and collect slots" in the third tab, but if you want a delivery in this area, you're out of luck.

Morissons First available slot Sun 29 Mar 09:00 - 10:00 (but have a quite a few available on and after that date atm)
      Sainsbury's neither delivery or collection available up to 6th April (max date listed)

I don't actually need anything currently, but I can't imagine I'm going to be able to get a booking at short notice when I do.
      Last edited by MartyG; 17-03-2020, 20:17.

Comment

My company's finally gearing up to get most staff working from home by the end of the week. I can feel a cough brewing at the base of my throat though, keep having to clear it.

Comment

All our local slots are gone for weeks too but my wife headed to the shops today and found everything we needed, at least short term, with the shops taking lots of precautions and watching for distance etc. The biggest supermarkets seem to get cleared out while everything even a little smaller remain well stocked. Hope it stays that way because we haven’t the space to hoard.

Comment

I've noticed people are leaving the more exotic or expensive foodstuffs alone. My local Morrisons is quite a big one but I could honestly say they still had 90%+ of stock on the shelves.

It's all the cheap 'essentials' that are targeted primarily. Still loads of Dolmio sauces on the shelves yesterday. Just bread, bogroll, milk, baked beans, beer and cheap painkillers that were gone. And even then, the more expensive alternatives were still on the shelves.

It's when peeps start stockpiling and profiting that annoys me.

Anyhoo, got quite a few boxes of cup-a-soups yesterday. If they're good enough for hospital patients...

Comment

Popped into a little Co-op this morning and amidst some bits nabbed 2 packs of paracetamol. Next shop is on Friday after work, if it gets too stupid round here though I'm not against a 4 or 5am trip to do it.

Comment

I'm gonna get some more dry stuff if I can. If things start getting too hairy I could manage on soups for a bit, you get some decent nutrition out of them.

GOT to get some of them Uncle Ben's chicken rice in a pouch. Nice, them. And keep you going for hours.

Comment

I’ve made a point of going for a chod at work before leaving. Every worknight since Thursday. Saves bogroll at home.

Now, I’ve established a little routine.

The caretaker says, ‘What time are you going home mate?’
                  To which I reply, ‘The usual.’
                  And he confirms, ‘After you’ve had a ****e?’
                  ’Aye.’

Comment

Don't forget to take a few fresh slices home as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Popped into a little Co-op this morning and amidst some bits nabbed 2 packs of paracetamol. Next shop is on Friday after work, if it gets too stupid round here though I'm not against a 4 or 5am trip to do it.
                      You're not going to be shopping at Tesco then, as they're reducing their opening hours: https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/17/tesco...ying-12414242/

Comment

I don't know how anyone shops at Tesco to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I don't know how anyone shops at Tesco to begin with
                          It usually starts via the car park

Comment

And a small bank loan

Comment

I park my car at the train station and it's the emptiest I've seen it for some time, probably about 30% of what you'd expect. Roughly what it looks like between Christmas and New Year.

If nothing else, I can recreate the first mission from "Driver".

Comment

Conversation last night:

Other half: Have you checked you have enough supplies??
                                Me: Yes, I've got plenty of citadel paints, glue, lots of car parts, and 1000s of old computer games to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X