No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling worse today as is the housemate. He's convinced he doesn't have it despite coughing up a lung every other minute.

Got myself set up and ready to work from home from Monday with a cheapo KVM switch for the keyboard and mouse. If nothing else, I'll at least get an extra hour in bed each morning

Family are finally taking it seriously as well.

Comment

My mother in law isn't taking it seriously at all. Its all 'media hype' because 'I don't know anyone that's died from it'. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        My mother in law isn't taking it seriously at all. Its all 'media hype' because 'I don't know anyone that's died from it'. Amazing.
        Sky News keeps showing a 5 minute clip from a hospital in Italy. It's pretty grim, might be enough to shake her out of that mindset.

Comment

For a conservative government, they've just shifted considerably to the left.

The amount of tax we're going to be paying in 2022 is going to be eye watering.

Comment

And this is why you want to be taking notice of the social distancing: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-shared-online

It's not "just like flu"

Comment

Bojo's a legend Churchill mark 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                Sky News keeps showing a 5 minute clip from a hospital in Italy. It's pretty grim, might be enough to shake her out of that mindset.
                It would be as useful as trying to teach a dog a magic trick.

Comment

Morrisons today:

No loaves of bread at all. Bought some stotties from the bakery section, instead. No spuds, only little packets of The Best Maris Pipers for a quid each. Got two bags, might get a few nice chips or scallops out of em. No sausages. No fish fingers (got chicken fingers instead).

Beer section levelled. Most of the pricy craft stuff is still there, as are the £2 bottles of lager. All cans of mainstream lager (even Tyskie) were gone. Lots of that 'Gold Label' stuff, tho. Never tried it. My gran always used to have a 6-pak in the little cupboard upon which her budgie was based.

No milk at all. No paracetamol or ibuprofen. Lots of them Birds Eye chicken grill things at a quid a box. I like them, bought four.

I'd heard people saying Leeds City Centre was a ghost town but it was more like a Sunday. Quite a few peeps about and no hysteria.

Didn't wanna go to town but had to go to Wilko but didn't hang about, came back with four carriers full of stuff. Now gonna chill and stay in the house for a bit, I have enough stuff for now.

Sorry, I just realised I've written the most boring diary entry of all time but...

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    Bojo's a legend Churchill mark 2.
                    Serious?

Comment

People need to chill the **** out now and stop buying everything.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Morrisons today:

No loaves of bread at all. Bought some stotties from the bakery section, instead. No spuds, only little packets of The Best Maris Pipers for a quid each. Got two bags, might get a few nice chips or scallops out of em. No sausages. No fish fingers (got chicken fingers instead).

Beer section levelled. Most of the pricy craft stuff is still there, as are the £2 bottles of lager. All cans of mainstream lager (even Tyskie) were gone. Lots of that 'Gold Label' stuff, tho. Never tried it. My gran always used to have a 6-pak in the little cupboard upon which her budgie was based.

No milk at all. No paracetamol or ibuprofen. Lots of them Birds Eye chicken grill things at a quid a box. I like them, bought four.

I'd heard people saying Leeds City Centre was a ghost town but it was more like a Sunday. Quite a few peeps about and no hysteria.

Didn't wanna go to town but had to go to Wilko but didn't hang about, came back with four carriers full of stuff. Now gonna chill and stay in the house for a bit, I have enough stuff for now.

Sorry, I just realised I've written the most boring diary entry of all time but...
                        Still lots of old people out and about in Manchester. Stupid fools.

Getting food was OK for me today, Lidl still had some of everything bar flour and eggs. That was at 12PM in the city centre though.

Comment

Comment

Schools sorted for Jr1, he has 2 weeks till Easter Hols so the aim is to aim for that and then by the time Easter is ending a month has gone so we'll review from there but it gives us time to make sure proper plans are in place too for him. I imagine at current pace he won't go back after Easter.

Comment

Witnessed a grimly amusing kerfuffle at the local Asda earlier, which was surprisingly well stocked and the customers all chill and being considerate. Until I got to the checkout and it kicked off at the next till over. A pair of manky old scrotes, who looked like nothing so much as Quentin Blake's rendering of The Twits...
                              ...decided to cunningly disguise their stockpiling intent by splitting their haul and going through parallel checkouts. Same maxed out items going through, incl. chickens, spaghetti, etc. Obviously they were spotted by the checkout girls and the supervisor came over and absolutely went to town on them, told them to leave their shopping right there and frogmarched them out, stopping only so that the security guard could get a proper look and make sure to keep them out. It was superb entertainment. The supervisor lady was awesome, took absolutely zero ****. She came over afterwards and explained that this pair had been in on two earlier occasions today already but had got away with it, as well as the day previously. She said they were known for it in the shops hereabouts, and were getting a few measly quid from some syndicate of local restaurants to stockpile stuff for them.

Comment

Superb vigilance levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X