United Kingdom VII: Taking Pride in Your Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Deffo going to organise another BD meetup when we're able to see each other again.
    You'll have to come, Neil.
    Please don't come up with a new COVID variant so that I won't have to quarantine coming in the UK and getting back home.

Comment

BK: They announced a new one yesterday.

You lot, honestly. I've not seen my family since 2008. That was an entire marriage ago.

Comment

Deffo going to organise another BD meetup when we're able to see each other again.
        You'll have to come, Neil.
        Lol if I must

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Come to the pub with us Neil. We will force you to like it!!!
        Ha ha
        I would never say I hate them, just my circumstances mean I have absolutely no reason to go to them so I just don't miss or feel like I need them in my life

I suppose I feel about a pub the way most people feel about the gym... couldn't care if they were there or not

I fully understand people going & using them socially for a break
        I do the same with the gym... it's my time...I go put my headphones on & lift weights
        It's the time I really switch off & that's what I miss the most
        I am planning to put my own gym in my out building this year so if we do close down again...sorry WHEN we close down again I can still train & hopefully not get in the funk I have been in this time round

But yeah don't hate...just don't need

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          BK: They announced a new one yesterday.
          Exactly my point.

Comment

My local Chinese has posted to say they are having severe stock issues due to Brexit, so many dishes aren't available. Great.

Comment

I couldn't buy a steering wheel from Europe because the seller wasn't sure how to figure out the taxes and paperwork. Given that it's a part that is unavailable new and extremely rare (I never expected to see one for sale in my lifetime), coupled with the fact that I need it badly as mine is covered in electrical tape to patch it up, I'm extremely annoyed. Every time I feel that electrical tape, it makes me hate Brexit more.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                My local Chinese has posted to say they are having severe stock issues due to Brexit, so many dishes aren't available. Great.
                I've had a few guys come to Quote for a new fence and they've all said they are struggling to get wood due to Brexit.

Comment

They must be hardcore remainers for it to affect them so physically.

Comment

That is the kind of quality content I come to this website for.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      They must be hardcore remainers for it to affect them so physically.
                      Thanks. Mega

Comment

It's a pain in the butt. Some places are just being petty though; the guy from videogameperfection.com was staunch anti-brexit throughout the run up, very vocal and now if you try to order anything from their site Britain, UK, England, Norther Ireland, Scotland, Wales etc. is just not an option in the drop down list. United States, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico etc. are though and last time I checked they also weren't in the EU...

EDIT: I take that back, they've registered for VAT and are waiting on HMRC paperwork.
                        Last edited by Brad; 18-02-2021, 13:07.

Comment

Sweet mother-of-pearl, that's depressing.
                          This exact thing happened to my sister when she and her husband bought the local brewery owned pub. She lasted about 3 years...

Comment

It's a real moneyspinner if you manage it though (the restaurant/pub business).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              It's a real moneyspinner if you manage it though (the restaurant/pub business).
                              Absolutely! That Jamie Oliver has done really well...

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]
                                The paperwork required for each country is, potentially, different.
                                The UK one is badly done, cause more hassle and also means that the company selling to the UK has to register with the UK authorities to do so. This is much of the reason for the delays and paperwork. For many companies, that extra cost (cash *and* time) is not worth it for them. That's a business decision - do you invest time and money for the possible return?

Comment

Working...
                                X