Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    It's ridiculous that attitudes like your AA man displayed still exist.
    It was a bit annoying but he meant well in the way anyone could phrase it, just badly phrased it and he did sheepishly apologize. It could have been much worse, I have had patients who talk the the dentist whilst I am in the room stating women are only good for one thing and that's not being in the workplace. Thankfully I moved away from that particular patient's practice but people love to complain about political and topical stuff in the dental chair.

Comment

I find amazing people are able to talk while someone are putting their hands and torture medical instruments in their mouth.

Comment

Comment

Had a chuckle at the warning label on the Bara Buru and Flight of Pigarus carts.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            I find amazing people are able to talk while someone are putting their hands and torture medical instruments in their mouth.
            Is it safe?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              Oh you wouldn't believe how many people we've treated in the past who have chosen the very moment when the dentist has sharp instruments near their face to start to be nasty or give agro, especially with my previous dentist who I worked with. He was an excellent dentist, probably the best I've worked with, but he had an attitude problem and the tension would be mindbending some days when he tried to remain civil.

Didn't know if to post here or irk but I worked in reception today and had several difficult people on the phone. One woman giving me absolute hell for the paperwork she had to do before the appointment for herself and 2 kids (we send it all digitally including a covid questionare so avoid touching pens and such as well as have the info go instantly into their records and they be responsible to put their own info in rather than us mull over and scan). It's annoying but after you've done all of them, its only the covid one you have to do every time plus medical history and the NHS one each time you start treatment. Well this woman would not have it and questioned why they had to do so much more paperwork than years ago (have more policies to cover our asses but again, once done, most dont need to be done ever again) especially medical history which has to be done yearly but used to be 2-3 years but now technically has to be done every visit/ start of new treatment.

She was threatening and having a go why she had to do her kids forms fully too. I said if she wants to refuse she can do but it may delay any future treatments or referals....OOOOooooh she didnt like that and TOOK MY NAME.

Ha! Have it! Blobcat! I'm the only one with that name and the manager heard the whole thing, suck on it if you wanna complain!

Comment

"I'm sorry madam, which Karen are you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  "I'm sorry madam, which Karen are you again?"
                  The sad thing is I work with a wonderful lady called Karen...but she is a receptionist of a surgery which looks bad on her but seriously she is a sweetheart.

But name taking woman was very much what you would call a Karen. Same day had a woman fail to attend a private appointment which she has a history of. This type of appointment they can still charge and usually let first time FTA's slide but yeah this girl had done it so many times the acting manager called her stating she would have to pay for it and we could not honor any more appointments until the fee was paid. Woman was totally fine with it after questioning it (had a check up tomorrow that now had to be cancelled) and said she would call in one day to pay. 3 minutes later the phone goes and the same woman calls back and questions the staff member's actions the way she was fined, then asked me to confirm the time she was in tomorrow (which she knew had been cancelled) then acted angry like it was a mistake which she stopped when I said it was explained to her a few moments ago by our AM. She then said she was glad she was not coming in anyway as she had the flu "cough cough" so she would come and pay in a few days when she felt better. I said sure that's fine but if you want you can pay now over the phone...she put the phone down on me.

I HATE working in reception, i'd take a rough nursing day over a reception day.

Comment

Phone interview with ebay today went well have a video interview tomorrow so hopefully all will go well

Been working at a petrol station since 2019 I did enjoy it to start with but once the pandemic hit and the way customers and management treated it i really want to get away.....plus working from home and more money would be a win win

Comment

My wife's nan is in her 90's and she is AMAZING!
                      Just an all-round good egg and I love her company.
                      It was upsetting me that we couldn't see her (she's in Scotland) during lockdown.
                      She's registered blind and she's feeling a bit isolated but never moans and she was a brilliant pal to my Mom.

I'm still not sure when we'll see her, but I had and absolute brainwave that has taken some sorting, but I think it's going to be worth it.

I got an old mobile phone from work, added a SIM to my account with loooads of data, then configured the phone to act as a hotspot and set it up with an Amazon Echo.

It only bloody works!

Bumped up the Music account to Family and I'm going to call her tonight to show her how to do loads of things on it.
                      When you're blind, just asking what the weather is, what's on telly tonight or what the time is without being reliant on someone is a real blessing.
                      I've bought some audiobooks too!

I'm genuinely pleased with myself because I think she's going to love having it and she completely deserves to be looked after.

Comment

You're one of the good ones, QC.

Comment

That’s actually a genius idea QC.

Comment

Dammit QC, stop being all lovely.

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                            Phone interview with ebay today went well have a video interview tomorrow so hopefully all will go well

Been working at a petrol station since 2019 I did enjoy it to start with but once the pandemic hit and the way customers and management treated it i really want to get away.....plus working from home and more money would be a win win
                            Dedicated forum contact? Noice.

Comment

UPDATE: She got it and with help from the building supervisor, she plugged it in, but it didn't work! ERK!
                              Then I realised the battery had drained and just needed to turn the hotspot on again then it came back on. Yesss!

Called her last night and we tried a few things out. I didn't want to bombard her with stuff or distract her with the silly things (fart noises and Rock, Paper, Scissors etc.), but she was flying through, asking stuff like "Play Vera Lynn" then "Play songs like this", "play my audiobook", "play Radio 2", "what's the weather like?" and "What are the news headlines?".

Gang, I'm so pleased, I can't tell you.

Comment

That is brilliant QC! Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X