Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    I forgot to give you cherries!!
    Does it take the prized cherry for GOTY?

Comment

Thats a tough one as so far none of us have seen everything this game has to offer it trickles in the new stuff gradually like the other games, nobody fully knows what stuff didn't make it into this edition and Nintendo can release updates that add in features. But it's stupidly charming that fuzzy texture look on the animals brings them to life it's a very appealing style. I keep saying it but just running around with the wind blowing through the trees is so relaxing that my stress just melts away when playing. The games have always had weather but never this nice to listen to.

Those DIY recipe cards i have a very funny feeling Nintendo will release a set of real amiibo cards that have the same features and when you scan it into the game it will give you the recipe to use. It's something that they would do my prediction sense is going off, i refuse that with a mainline AC game they don't have some form of amiibo merchandise tied with it cooking up in the back rooms at Nintendo hq. It's been a long time since we had a home console AC game.

Bumped into a hippy looking dog called Harvey he let me come to his island to use the photopia studio so i can now scan my amiibo cards and see which characters out of my faves can be called to the island and which are not in the game at all. Shoutout to Blathers museum my god that thing is amazing it's like a tardis in there and it's really pretty, i mean the museum in the previous games were nice but this one i want to try and max out with exhibits.
      Last edited by importaku; 22-03-2020, 14:05.

Comment

I gotta get better at catching bugs and fish.
        Keep losing my streak.
        Years of Pocket Camp has dumbed me down...

Comment

Dropped off some iron nuggets for my mum today. After meeting people either on their island or yours, you can send them letters via the airport, and attached an item as well. 200 bells for the privilege of course.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Does it take the prized cherry for GOTY?
          One believes one jests.

Comment

time we started noting all those handy hints, as the game doesn't like to tell you all this that easily. Been time travelling but not too far ahead just a few days back and forth as i don't want to skip seasons. Now the town is opening up i need that damn cash to improve it and the amounts you need are damn steep. However the turnip market is back so i guess thats going to be a stress indusing abusue of cash raising like in previous games lol.

Comment

Stop speedrunning Animal Crossing! Mr Resetti does not approve!

Comment

Mr resetti isn't around to stop me muwahaha, however my real enjoyment comes from decorating. once i have the maxed out house thats when the game begins for me it's why i looooved happy home designer. I shall then slow down obtaining the catalogue and coming up with a nice look.

Comment

I'm having a whale of a time playing this one, I was glad to have it pre-downloaded so I could play it on my commute on Friday morning. I can't believe I'm already deep into the Turnip market. I've bought in at 94 Bells, I'll let you know what my prices are like as they fluctuate!

Comment

Whats the point in time travelling? It just means all you post are spoilers for stuff the rest of us won't see for a month!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      Whats the point in time travelling? It just means all you post are spoilers for stuff the rest of us won't see for a month!
                      Who said i skipped months ahead? Try reading, i said i skipped a couple of days ahead. And no photopia doesn't unlock months in i have been helping Nook, nothing else i have posted is even remotely spoilers unless you have never ever played an animal crossing game in your life.

Comment

I’m firmly on the non time traveller front, refuse to do it. I even missed the turnips this morning and I’m not turning it back, will just have to wait until next week now. I understand why people do it and that’s the joy of animal crossing, everyone takes away a different experience from it.

For me the joy of animal crossing is unlocking items daily, buying sets from the store and keeping an eye out for matching items. I’ve visited people who have max villagers, all the shops and bridges but here’s me waiting for blathers to open the museum tomorrow alongside Timmy and Tommy’s shop.

Comment

Yeah there's many ways to play, i have been playing this way since the N64. If people want to do the realtime aspect down to the second then they can do so and it's the way the game is indeed meant to be played normally however this time it seems it's a lot more relaxed over that with no Resetti there seems to be no huge penalty, in the older games even changing the clock for daylight savings used to get Resetti on edge i remember that in the DS version lol. The hook for me is the house interior designing and until i get the max sized house it's a bit annoying to get a room look perfect with matching everything then you upgrade the size and your room has to be redone all over again. I have already seen a few items that are new to me it's nice to get some new furniture but i'm hoping the holiday sets make a return. Already spotted Sahara in my town and some of the rugs & wallpapers are the same as past games.

One thing people might have missed is the free DLC on the eshop i spotted it in the nintendo online section where they give some online rewards for various games theres a green nook rug that you can download when you do so and it's added to your game it's found in the nook miles atm to purchase with miles. I have a feeling some items will be obtained this way so i'll have to keep an eye out for more, nothing is worse than missables, happy home designer had contests like that where if you didn't log in on a set date then you missed the few extra exclusive contest items.
                          Last edited by importaku; 23-03-2020, 02:05.

Comment

Is there a bridge limit in this game? I think New Leaf had three as a limit but I'm not sure where I want my second and third yet as it's all still taking shape. Also for the book ticket flights to exotic islands they all seem to have the same native fruit of my village, I take it that's the same for everyone and I'm not just being unlucky?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              I’m firmly on the non time traveller front, refuse to do it. I even missed the turnips this morning and I’m not turning it back, will just have to wait until next week now.
                              Samesies. I like my Animal Crossing nice and slow. If anything, I almost feel it’s moving too fast already. I only get one day with Blathers in a tent?!

It is lovely though. I’m not 100% sure I love the Nook Miles system, only because it’s putting a game structure around some things I’m not sure I need structure on. It’s a little like achievements, which I’ve never bothered with since they were introduced on PS and XBox.

Comment

The day by day vibe is what I love, just dipping in and out of an alternate day that takes me somewhere else for a bit

I played for 20 mins this morning before going to work. Found a snail and that was my final donation to get the museum built.

I haven't borrowed to get a proper house yet (I rather like my cosy campsite) but is there any way to tidily store my inventory other than dig a hole and bury it?

Comment

Working...
                                X