Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The arrogance of an 18th century toffish bellend who bans the Oxford comma.

“When I was campaigning on the doorsteps of the plebs, I used to be chaperoned by my parents, brother, and nanny.”

”When I was campaigning on the doorsteps of the plebs, I used to be chaperoned by my parents, brother and nanny.”

The truth will out, you spadge.

Comment

I’m wholly sick of the way this Brexit fiasco is one huge deflection from holding this pitiful government to account over its shambolic and ruinous economic record. People seem to be blind to their failings and fixated on a single issue that will seemingly solve all ills.

The austerity fanaticism perpetrated by the Tories is absolutely scandalous. The rampant financial sector screwed the economy. The public bailed them out. The public suffer. The financial sector suffers... in no way. A decade of cuts just to relocate more money to the sector that screwed us over. Neo-liberal capitalism is a by-word for rewarding the rich, no matter what. The public were hoodwinked into thinking it was necessary and
      lessons would be learned.

Austerity is a huge con with no tangible effect apart from relocating swathes of wealth upwards, eroding rights and regulations, and conning the population with a Churchillan ‘we’re all in it together’ mantra that’s demonstrably false. Instead, it’s hammered the poor and caused misery for the majority. Deficits and debt haven’t got better. What a swiz. It’s been a smash and grab on public assets and wages. Even that great bastion of free market capital, the IMF, have said it was a terrible, counterproductive strategy. Only the most economically-illiterate would say that it was a good idea. If you pull investment out of infrastructure and push forward wage regression, then you slash the capital-generation power of millions of people. It has a domino effect. Attlee’s government proved that investing in the economy is a good way of tackling a crisis, and his administration faced atrocious circumstances- far worse than Dave and Gideon’s. Yet that tosspot egghead in number 11 STILL plans to cut corporation tax and punish the masses. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away from criticism of this pisspoor policy.

Yet they do, because of the Brexit issue.

Which I just can’t fathom. This bizarre idea that’s taken root an ERG-led cabinet that ‘when the shackles are off we will be better off.’

Really? Nobhead Duncan Smith - arch Brexiteer- states that the EU are excellent at hardnosed negotiation. So why are we leaving?
      We have hundreds of trade deals through the EU with about 160 countries. So why are we leaving?

How is is it better to start from scratch? What can we offer? We don’t make anything to sell. We are a service and consumer economy. So the only thing we have to attract deals are services to flog, and a pliant and consumerist workforce. It’s obvious what will happen. There’ll be a firesale or public assets (‘we had no other option’), a workforce with rapidly-eroding rights and a load of deregulation. That’s what it’ll take when negotiating with stronger economies or trading blocs. To make investment ‘attractive’ we will enter some utopia for the Friedmanian-right. It’s far easier to negotiate trade deals from a position of strength. We don’t have it. So we are part of a UNION that negotiates from a position of combined strength. It’s not perfect, but a single country with no manufacturing base trying strike trade deals on its own? God help us.

It’s an upcoming ****storm of continued right wing austerity-driven ideological dogma, and having to surrender as much as possible to strike deals. I fear for my boy’s future with these self-serving scumbags raking it in at everyone’s expense.
      Last edited by prinnysquad; 27-07-2019, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I don't think we need to be concerned that he's somehow going to invoke 1984 'Newspeak' across the globe.
        I wouldn't bet my house on that.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          Austerity is a huge con with no tangible effect apart from relocating swathes of wealth upwards, eroding rights and regulations, and conning the population with a Churchillan ‘we’re all in it together’ mantra that’s demonstrably false. Instead, it’s hammered the poor and caused misery for the majority.
          Peers say it is "unbelievably inept" that deprivation funding could be handed back unspent.

Child poverty cash handed back to Europe unspent

"More than £3.5m intended to alleviate child poverty and homelessness is at risk of being wasted because the government has failed to spend it, says a House of Lords committee.

Peers have written to the Home Office saying it is "extraordinary" that the EU funding has not been used.

They warn that some of the cash has already been forfeited and are worried about the rest being handed back."

Comment

Johnson says in parliament we will have 39bn to play with. Except we have already spent 7bn of that in fees since we didn't leave the EU earlier in the year and a large portion of the rest will have to be paid to the EU or risk never getting a deal with the EU or any other trading block since we look unreliable. And the EU will probably take the UK to court and easily win. So.... why is this plonker allowed to stand up in parliament, let alone lead the country.

Comment

Dominic Raab says the UK will be in a better position to negotiate a deal with the EU after No Deal

Boris has been told his aggressive domestic policy plans will collapse if No Deal occurs

Raab, when questioned, said that Vote Leave did raise No Deal during the 2016 Referendum. One of the individuals who worked on Vote Leave's campaign has refuted this saying the campaign was purely run on the basis of leaving with a good deal and that the UK government has no mandate to exit the EU under a No Deal situation.

Comment

I'll get censored by the forum if I write what I really think of Raab.

I was looking at the odds on Paddy Power for Brexit earlier, currently you're getting odds of 12/1 on the UK Government to officially announce food rationing in 2019.

And of those things that are likely to be rationed ...

So thank yourself lucky if you're a Mars Bar fan as Paddy Power thinks it's unlikely you'll need a ration book for those, but you might want to stock up on fuel and avocados.

Comment

Honestly, that looks pretty good. All a society needs to thrive is Mars bars, Prosecco and some Magnums.

Comment

Boris Johnson: "The planes will fly! There will be clean drinking water. There will be adequate supplies of glucose, milk solids and whey to make the Mars bars we need"

Chris Chilton, Mondalez: "As a senior director in the UK Chocolate industry, I can assure you that according to Mars’ own contingency planning, there WONT be glucose, milk solids & whey to make UK Mars Bars in the event of no deal Brexit (nor will there be cocoa!)"

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Magnums.
                      Magni

Comment

Mangnupodes.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          Magni
                          Not Magnia? As in stadium/stadia?

Comment

Nice try, but it'd have to be Magnium. On which point, anyone tried those new biscuity Magnae?

Comment

The US Congress have said that Trump's plans for a US-UK trade deal are meaningless, if Boris pushes for No Deal and the Good Friday agreement comes under any form of threat the House will block and all form of trade agreement indefinitely with the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Honestly, that looks pretty good. All a society needs to thrive is Mars bars, Prosecco and some Magnums.
                                .44 Magnums amirite!?

Comment

Working...
                                X