(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I'll buy a copy then, seeing it's not expensive.
    Yeah, it's cool. I thought we had a translation of the menu's but it must have been on the old ntsc-uk site. I'll see if I can find it and reup.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Yeah, it's cool.
      I'll try and find a translation.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-07-2019, 22:15.

Comment

I can't find any record of a translation - could really do with one.
        The menus are a bit wtf.

Comment

Just finished Kage, known as Shadow on the Ninja in the US and Blue Shadow in the UK.
          It’s a Natsume game on the Famicom/NES that commands a fairly hefty price.

Took a while to grow on me but I’m pretty much down with it now. Actually completed it in one life.

It’s a good game but it’s certainly not the masterpiece I was expecting and it shouldn’t command the price tag (but does any expensive retro game, really?)

One thing that I find interesting is learning to “take the hit” in order to progress quicker, and likely with less damage than fighting something. I don’t feel I really did this as a kid and would always try and kill enemies, but in this game it can definitely be more beneficial to just take the hit and run or even just avoid enemies completely.

Comment

I've been playing VVVVVV on 3DS and Deathsmiles on 360 (the arcade version)

Comment

Just completed Agent USA (C64) yesterday for this first time without save-states (emulated), on a real C64. Did it in a pretty quick time of 35 mins. The kids were sha-mazed!
              Last edited by gunrock; 04-08-2019, 11:25.

Comment

Recently been playing a load of mega cd and pc engine cd games. Really nice selection of shooters and I love Bari-arm, image fight II, silpheed, and winds of thunder. Sort of regret sell my wondermega and RGB modded Pc engine duo r now! Wow , how much would they have been worth now....

Comment

Put a bit of time into Dragon's Revenge. The board seems to have a lot more going on but the music feels like a massive downgrade next to Dragon's Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    but the music feels like a massive downgrade next to Dragon's Fury.
                    Yeah, it's not as clear and memorable as the music in Fury. It's a bit messy/scratchy and muffled, but not too bad. At least the compositions suit the game design.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      Sort of regret sell my wondermega and RGB modded Pc engine duo r now! Wow , how much would they have been worth now....
                      I'm glad that I didn't sell any hardware, seeing how prices went through the roof. Even the Saturn has gone up in price quite a bit this year, so I'm glad I bought loads of them when they were around £30 for a mint Japanese machine.

There are only a few pieces of hardware that I'll probably never own due to high prices and not really wanting them too much. Should have bought a Vectrex last decade.

Comment

Been on a Gamecube binge as of late, not only in buying but also this weekend playing as well. Been a long time since i went into my collection to play cube stuff but i have had a total blast this weekend. Kinnikuman, fzero gx, onepiece, naruto, pikmin, kururin squash, luigis mansion, mario sunshine, donkey konga 3. I forgot just how much fun i used to have with this stuff, waiting till week after next when my friends coming over for a gaming weekend so i'm gonna make sure i take advantage of the multiplayer stuff i want to play zelda 4 swords & pacman vs along with a load more.

My collection sits protected doubly nowadays not only everything in protectors but also in a plastic storage crate to keep them all together and to make sure nothing gets damaged, 120 games squeezed in there. Just wish there were protectors for the larger box set stuff have to keep that in the box below.

Gamecube treasure trove in there, most of the cube must haves along with a lot of odd jpn 3rd party games.

Comment

The shoot 'em up system thread saw me play a pile of shooters while waiting a ridiculous amount of time for Red Dead II to install on PS4 today. This is the first time i've done any gaming since new year so it was a lot of fun. I played my favourite shmups from all the 16-bit systems and I remain happy with my rankings. The PC-Engine is just all kinds of awesome for my personal tastes. The likes of Spriggan, Soldier Blade, Winds of Thunder and R-Type bring me more smiles than anything across the other formats. I also racked up a new record on Image Fight II, a much underrated gem on the system, though tough as ****.

EDIT: These were obviously all played on my Raspberry Pi set up, which is brilliant as these days it's all about the gameplay, overpaying for physical copies seems ridiculous at this point. The funny thing about that is we found two huge storage boxes of PCE, SFC & MD stuff a few weeks back in the loft, eBay bound. I forgot I'd even put them up there!
                          Last edited by Colin; 06-08-2019, 21:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            These were obviously all played on my Raspberry Pi set up, which is brilliant
                            Your post inspired me to switch my RP on for a stint last night: had few credits on Soldier Blade, R-Type Delta, The Punisher and Metal Slug X. Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Your post inspired me to switch my RP on for a stint last night: had few credits on Soldier Blade, R-Type Delta, The Punisher and Metal Slug X. Brilliant
                              Metal Slug X is ace , so much fun

Comment

Spent last night split between more GameCube stuff it’s been so long since I played a lot of these that they pretty much feel like new games, gotten about halfway through Luigi’s mansion so far even as a launch game it’s still looking great I was shocked to see on one of my other memory cards that I have a save from 2002 that’s the oldest I have found between saving and playing this week. Mr driller has been getting a lot of play too, still crap at it, I have unlocked a lot but those higher levels are well out of reach for me I can barely get through the 1000m world tour without all the power ups been enabled and the 9 extra lives. Forgotten how to navigate the blocks but it’s slowly coming back.

My biggest enjoyment over the evening was booting up the biohazard remake, oh my. It still looks stunning but moreso through framemeister. It’s been so long I only remember fragments of what to do so it’s been fun playing. The fact I have all the extra modes & items unlocked is making it more fun, those damn crimson heads lol. I’m obsessively burning every zombie I down but I forgot a few and they scared the crap out of me as they popped up and power sprinted to say hello. Thank god for inf ammo lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X