• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome stuff Hirst, love the SEGA touch too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      Awesome stuff Hirst, love the SEGA touch too
      They are well-represented here! MD1/MCD1, Saturn and DC will all be hooked up. Not sure about my SMS1 yet as I tend to use my MD SMS converter! I'm pondering getting a Mark III with FM module though, always fancied one and the prices aren't too crazy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        They are well-represented here! MD1/MCD1, Saturn and DC will all be hooked up. Not sure about my SMS1 yet as I tend to use my MD SMS converter! I'm pondering getting a Mark III with FM module though, always fancied one and the prices aren't too crazy yet.
        Yeah the Mark 3 does look nice

Comment

We're getting closer! Probably another 2-3 little consoles to go on but I need some little shelves or something.

Just need to find where I put some of the power/display leads. PS3/PS4/360 will be off to side where I don't have to look at their ugly mugs.

Comment

Sega and a VHS = Class

Comment

Hahaha what are you watching on VHS?!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Hahaha what are you watching on VHS?!
                I like old dead media formats and have a particular fondness for VHS, with a little collection of big box B-movie schlock (you can make some out in the big glass cabinet pic - bottom shelf). It's also my way to digitally archive some stuff that would never be seen otherwise, while these old tapes are still able to be played (they won't last forever!).

Comment

Cutting it close for Christmas, but I got another cabinet in. The ugly modern machines live at the top - a benefit of wireless controllers. The PS3 will join these but I need some kind of shelf-on-a-shelf. I'll be sitting them up a bit higher too (maybe on a wire baking tray kind of thing) to help with heat dispersal.

Stereo is nothing to do with it, but thought you might enjoy looking at it.

Comment

Finally got around to re-cabling the retro setup. Everything 15khz is now csync through the extron crosspoint and I can now finally say goodbye to my trusty scart switcher of 15 years. 7 sources (Jp saturn / jp n64 / ps2 / ps one/ 2 RGB-pi units / pc for groovymame) now hooked up to the two bvms and the 20L4 and audio/video is accessible to any unit at the press of a button.

For the 31khz stuff, everything (gamecube/Xbox/Atomiswave/dreamcast) is routed through an extron matrix switcher to the ilyama and Sony F520. These extron units just ooze quality and i’d Strongly recommend them to anyone.

Image 98-A7-A731-2665-4989-990-A-064-C69-ABC4-BE hosted in ImgBB

Image 0664-FAD6-1932-4046-A966-54174-E81272-A hosted in ImgBB

Image 80-CD9654-608-C-4-EA8-9-DC3-0-F62-DA234-E68 hosted in ImgBB

Image A0-F04-FEB-E864-411-E-9-FE7-D302-C395-E50-A hosted in ImgBB

Image 2-D894-C5-C-CD2-D-4733-9-BD0-0-F9-CFF9-F5-DCD hosted in ImgBB

Image DFF03-CAE-3-AD1-4-C83-A506-5585-F4-BC2-AF5 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      Finally got around to re-cabling the retro setup. Everything 15khz is now csync through the extron crosspoint and I can now finally say goodbye to my trusty scart switcher of 15 years. 7 sources (Jp saturn / jp n64 / ps2 / ps one/ 2 RGB-pi units / pc for groovymame) now hooked up to the two bvms and the 20L4 and audio/video is accessible to any unit at the press of a button.

For the 31khz stuff, everything (gamecube/Xbox/Atomiswave/dreamcast) is routed through an extron matrix switcher to the ilyama and Sony F520. These extron units just ooze quality and i’d Strongly recommend them to anyone.

Image 98-A7-A731-2665-4989-990-A-064-C69-ABC4-BE hosted in ImgBB

Image 0664-FAD6-1932-4046-A966-54174-E81272-A hosted in ImgBB

Image 80-CD9654-608-C-4-EA8-9-DC3-0-F62-DA234-E68 hosted in ImgBB

Image A0-F04-FEB-E864-411-E-9-FE7-D302-C395-E50-A hosted in ImgBB

Image 2-D894-C5-C-CD2-D-4733-9-BD0-0-F9-CFF9-F5-DCD hosted in ImgBB

https://ibb.co/7SYVTqm
                      The evolution of Uncle Andy's CRT dojo never ceases to amaze!!

Comment

Originally posted by thetrooper View Post
                        The evolution of Uncle Andy's CRT dojo never ceases to amaze!!
                        Pretty awesome collection, eh?

I just went with a gscart switch

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                          Pretty awesome collection, eh?

I just went with a gscart switch
                          Awesome just about covers it, mate.

I'm lucky enough to have done a fair bit of gaming in there and it cannot be beaten for a retro session. The price of entry is a few cans of ale, but it's more than worth it.

Comment

Here's a candid, un-arranged and unvarnished look into the life of a 40-year-old father of two attempting to cling to his lifelong, increasingly impractical hobby in a 624 sq.ft apartment miraculously housing the aforementioned two (aged 9 and 2, respectively), a remarkably patient wife, an entirely unhelpful cat and himself.

The living room:

The 'setup' (btw there's an invisible PS2 Slim on top of the PC case on the lower shelf):

The peripherals along with DVD's / BD's for all audiences (the drawer has a child-proof lock attached, otherwise it would all be over in a minute):

The (lockable) lower cabinet of the bookshelf in the bedroom (games for PC, GB, GBC, NDS, 3DS, PS1, PS2, PS3, GCN, Wii, WiiU, Switch; portables, game-related magazines and books, DVD's/BD's for people eligible to vote, and anything else that fits):

A (heavy) pull-out drawer underneath the bed (incl. storage containers housing retro consoles and accessories, original packaging for various consoles and accessories (many with hardware inside), assorted Mega Drive games, and again, anything else that fits):

A closer look into the abyss, part 1:

A closer look into the abyss, part 2:

Hope you enjoyed (or 'enjoyed') this at least as much as I have enjoyed admiring the many well-planned and laid-out setups and collections in this thread. And yes, I am actively trying to pare down this stuff via FB groups and eBay, leaving only the stuff that is really close to my heart or finds regular use. However, due to my sentimental and nostalgia-prone personality it has been tough going, I must admit. This thread has actually been a good source of support and advice for me, except for the parts where it temporarily devolved into immature squabbling - but what internet forum doesn't have at least a couple of those users, right? : )

I know this post may leave a bit of a downbeat impression. Partly it is accurate, as I am continuously faced with the reality of transitioning from a full-blown gaming enthusiast with a collector's mentality who I was in my twenties into someone that acts responsibly towards his family, but also does not fully close the door on things that have sparked joy (sic) in him in the past and, honestly, still do. I can't deny that going through my game-related things from time to time, discovering a forgotten treasure and putting it to active use improves my mood instantly. There must be some kind of a happy medium between those two worlds and I intend to find it.
                            Last edited by vabarna; 16-01-2020, 14:23.

Comment

I feel your pain. I had the same situation 10 years ago. Family, small apartment and having to say goodbye to a lot of hardware and games. Luckily these days I own a house and my own room so the man Cave lives. Things will pick up down the road.

Comment

I am in the same position now. I have two babies and need to act responsibly. My wife is so great that she has given me the second bedroom for a games room, but the boys will have to share a room. I can't make that my game room. It has to be the baby's bedroom. Unless it become our collective play-room? Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X