Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Old thread here -

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)
    Last edited by Colin; 25-08-2015, 17:40.

I'll start my pick ups over the summer:

Highlight is the sonic toys r'us exclusive saturn has been on my wanted list for years a mint one popped up in Holland so i grabbed it. Been on a neo geo pocket kick so demo carts for delta warp, sonic, rockman and metal slug 2nd mission! couple of those damned koei sets and last hope last game i needed to complete my ngcd set prices on ebay are getting silly for this one managed to get one sealed a few months ago on auction for about 130$, i opened it and played the hell out of it over the summer great game

Comment

Love that Saturn console Never enjoyed Last Hope though....

Comment

That's a beautiful find!

Comment

I'm going to have to go against the grain on this one, I've always thought that console wasn't desirable. NGP stuff is nice though.
          Last edited by speedlolita; 26-08-2015, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            I'm going to have to go against the grain on this one, I've always thought that console wasn't desirable. NGP stuff is nice though.
            I'll probably agree with you there it looks like someone has stuck a sticker on it rather than being a nice LE
            I love the white console but that black Sonic on it really detracts from it IMO

Still you can't argue with buying a Saturn, such an awesome machine!

Comment

What are those two big box saturn games Kazumn? Haven't seen those before.

Comment

The top one is Romance of III Kingdom's (presumably no. V!), other one is prob from similar or same series.

Comment

Some more Saturn pick ups

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                    What are those two big box saturn games Kazumn? Haven't seen those before.
                    The smaller one one is the Hideyoshi Nobunaga Set that one includes both Nobunaga no Yabou Tenshouki and Taikou Risshiden II together in a carboard box nothing really special but damn hard to find.
                    The bigger is Sangokushi V premium pack includes a guide book alongside the regulair game.
                    Koei made a ton of these "big" box saturn games they are quite a pain in the ass to find but they are pretty cheap.

Comment

Don't know if it's considered retro but managed to pick-up a Sony KDL-20S2030 TV set. Since it only does 720p it's perfect for the majority of the PS3 games since they run at 720p. It seems to kind of be lagless as well. HAs a ton of connections at the back so I'll try some retro consoles and see how they look on this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
                        Don't know if it's considered retro but managed to pick-up a Sony KDL-20S2030 TV set. Since it only does 720p it's perfect for the majority of the PS3 games since they run at 720p. It seems to kind of be lagless as well. HAs a ton of connections at the back so I'll try some retro consoles and see how they look on this.
                        interesting set - report back with your findings!

Comment

Quick tip off from Speedlolita Oscar the grouch saw me add this MD to retro corner, system itself is in pretty great condition, shame I've got no games yet to test it, though the plan is just to stick an everdrive in a Japanese cart case anyway. Proper HAA-2510 too, like it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Quick tip off from Speedlolita Oscar the grouch saw me add this MD to retro corner, system itself is in pretty great condition, shame I've got no games yet to test it, though the plan is just to stick an everdrive in a Japanese cart case anyway. Proper HAA-2510 too, like it should be.

Dope. I'm after a Sega Wondermega although prices have gone completely mad on those.

HAA-2510 is the best Mega Drive of them all in terms of quality. Hook up some Streets of Rage 2 and you're set

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions of 3DO games in the other thread. I saw Return Fire in Mandarake but it was a bit expensive so passed on it, will try to pick it up if I can find it cheaper.

Managed to find this today in the local book off

Comment

Working...
                              X