No announcement yet.

Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did wonder why my local big Toys R Us hadn’t got any of the new Lego sets, and the smaller one magically transformed into The Works...

Oh well, might well go see if they have any Lego or Pokémon stuff on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      That's amazing, @Soundwave! He's not like the G1 toys where it's basically a white Prime with the extra bits, the whole thing transforms, right? Are you getting it out the box?!

You'll like these, mate. I went up the loft and found a 1985/1986 Hamleys catalogue.
      I remember looking at these two pages looooads. I reeeeally wanted the Mospeada bike!

Action Force, DC Heroes and He-Man
      Thanks buddy
      Yeah he's one whole piece & everything transforms as one...no lazy Prime/Armour deal here
      Funny you should ask...I'm off work today because I couldn't be arsed going in with the snow...pics will be forthcoming

Love those catalogues...I remember (& had) so much of it
      I loved "I Vant to Bite your Finger"
      Still remember getting it for Christmas & letting it "Bite" me with the 2 red pens...mu mum was out the room & when I went to show her...she nearly had a fit thinking it did bite you

Still have my Subbuteo stuff...including that Scoreboard & two tier stand
      [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] can't do too much in the way of catalogues but I do have this from my TF comic collection

Neil

Comment

I love all the Combiner teams. I had Defensor.

I'd love Breakdown (DX9 Montana), but it's a slippery slope I don't want to start down!

I was toying on only getting the Lamborghini Transformers as a bit of a theme.
        I quite like the Peru Kill mould, but I've not seen the film.

Comment

Getting the Argos catalogue was always an event in our house

Argos catalogue from 1985 filled with lots of retro goodies. From Retromash.com

Comment

Yeah, the Argos catalogue was great ... not as good as Littlewoods though as you could sneak a look at the girdles in that.

Comment

I can imagine there was a lot of job satisfaction for the people who photographed toys for catalogues in the 80s!

Comment

I sooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted Castle Grayskull

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Skeletor's castle had a voice changer built into it.

*Googles*

It did!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Skeletor's castle had a voice changer built into it.

*Googles*

It did!

I had Castle Grayskull & my brother had Snake Mountain.
                    Loved them both but the voice changer in Snake Mountain was awesome & we always had arguments over who was going to be the bad guys lol

Loved the times I spent with my brother playing toys back in the day, used to have so many epic battles

So I haven't entirely wasted my day at home because of the snow & got round to opening up these...

MP Ultra Magnus

He is a freaking beast...weighs a ton & looks so good.
                    No pics of him transformed as I couldn't find an instruction video that started with him in Robot mode
                    Everything started in trailer mode & worked backwards but didn't make much sense
                    Will keep trying though

MP Sunstreaker

He is soooo freaking fiddly to transform & I won't be doing it very often I cam tell you but damn he looks so good in 'Bot mode
                    Need to get Sideswipe back from storage for some Lam-Bro pics

Size comparison with Ultra Magnus...

All in super pleased with them both, Sunstreaker is a new benchmark for me in looks & toon accuracy

Neil

Comment

Awesome stuff!

That Sunstreaker would fit into my "Lambo Only" policy!

Comment

Sunstreaker looks fantastic! I would love that one. He was always a favourite of mine and I still have the original toy. Actually, random coincidence - the only original Transformers I still own are Sunstreaker and Ultra Magnus.

Comment

Awesome stuff!

That Sunstreaker would fit into my "Lambo Only" policy!
                          Lol you need to get him

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Sunstreaker looks fantastic! I would love that one. He was always a favourite of mine and I still have the original toy. Actually, random coincidence - the only original Transformers I still own are Sunstreaker and Ultra Magnus.
                          He is so nice & definitely worth getting, the engineering in the transformation is something else, it's just so clever

I also properly opened up my Hot Toys BttF2 Marty McFly for some pics...

Love the change to hat hair to fit the cap on, so cool.

I think this is such an awesome figure, I would get Doc to go with him but not really feeling the face sculpt because of the expression but might pick him up if I can find him cheap enough down the line

Neil

Comment

Those Hot Toys are so realistic they weird me out in an Uncanny Valley kind of way!

Comment

Where's the best place to buy Transformers these days?

Comment

Those Hot Toys are so realistic they weird me out in an Uncanny Valley kind of way!
                                Ha ha yeah they do look real

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Where's the best place to buy Transformers these days?
                                I use either Kapow Toys or TFS-Express these days.

Kapow have a more user friendly website but both are really good

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X