No announcement yet.

PCs and Steam: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must not have noticed! I'm so used to just ticking the box without reading it. I'm still waiting for that to get some proper legal challenges because there is likely not a person on the planet who actually reads what they are agreeing to so it's in no way informed consent.

Comment

You mean you don't read the 142 page EULA before you install a piece of software?

Shame on you.

Yeah, it's insane. You would literally need to pay a solicitor to read over most of them to actually extract the relevant meaning, too, since the language used is so complex and legalistic.

EDIT

OK here's something actually on topic.

Has anyone got Parkitect? I'm really tempted to get it, it looks excellent. Kinda worried it'll chug on my M3 6Y30 processor, but it's the only computer I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Looking forward to buying some cheap games I’ll never play.
        So true

Comment

yep, I grabbed a couple of games I won't play in the sale, although I haven't gone mad and did actually play one of them earlier.

Got

Fate of the World (I played this and the world burned)
          Constructor / Constructor Plus
          Lethis - Path of Progress
          Lew Pulpher's Doomstar
          and uFactory

I might pick up Phantom Doctrine later too.

Re the T&Cs thing, I only get them occasionally on purchases, not for every single one; I think they are when the game has a third party agreement in addition to what you agree to when you sign up for a Steam account.
          Last edited by MartyG; 26-06-2019, 19:02.

Comment

So far I only went for the Outcast remaster. Didn’t even know it existed until a few months ago. I adored that game when it came out so I’m quite looking forward to (eventually some day maybe) revisiting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              So far I only went for the Outcast remaster. Didn’t even know it existed until a few months ago. I adored that game when it came out so I’m quite looking forward to (eventually some day maybe) revisiting it.
              I still have the original game on disc somewhere, I remember the Voxel graphics .....only thing that bugged me was the Ludicrous names for characters, objects and areas that i just found hard to remember

Comment

There's an insane amount of good games on Steam not in my library now, it's kind of ridiculous. Nothing that screams out, play me now! though. I'm going to hold off until DOOM Eternal releases.

Comment

Lost Dimension popped up as a game I might be itnerested in, I always wanted to try that on my PS3 and it's a hell of a lot cheaper here at five quid. I also picked up Sorcery Saga - Curse of the Great Curry God which I already own on Vita but I'll selling off my software for that soon.

Checking the publisher pages it seems Ghostlight put both of these games out on Steam. They're doing great work.

Comment

NDA for AMD CPU and 5700 is up 2pm tomorrow i believe, so my youtube sub list will be full of vids

Comment

Well seems Amd are on to a winner (though not as many videos as i thought) with the cpus for games its pretty close to intel now and productivity seems far better, power draw and temp seem all very good to.

The 5700 and 5700xt seem ok but not going to set the world alight, reading a lot of reviews and it seems to vary a lot by games though performance does seem good , seems to get very hot and uses a lot of power to Well the XT does the 5700 seems pretty good)

But will all depend on what happens over the next few months as i can imagine prices will change

Comment

I'll be getting a 3900 as soon as they become available, even if the mobo I'm aiming for (AsRock X570 Creator) won't be available till later this month. I was hoping for the 5700 series but noise, temps, and power drawn aren't particularly attractive, so going for a 2080 instead.

Comment

When you think emulator frontends, there's a high chance that RetroArch comes to mind. Its simple design and ease of use have made it an incredibly popular application, for years and years. And now, you'll be able to officially use RetroArch from the comfort of Steam. In an attempt to legitimize...

An official Retroarch launch hits Steam on 30 July

Comment

The brilliant Tetris Effect - Eurogamer's Game of 2018 - will arrive on PC next week via the Epic Games Store. It'll be…

You got me Epic, Ive been waitng for Tetris Effect to get ported.

Comment

So a vr games is launching on a store with no vr support.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                                So a vr games is launching on a store with no vr support.
                                I'm not sure why that matters? The game supports the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift if you want to play it in vr.

Comment

Working...
                                X