• Show
Clear All

Comment

Talk about low effort

Comment

Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
          Problem solved. I doubt we will see any more mass shootings now.

Comment

It's nice to know they've finally found the root cause of the problem.

Comment

at a loss

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Problem solved. I doubt we will see any more mass shootings now.
                More so with Walmart banning violent games for being shown on display.

Comment

This is a much more relevant article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...cce_story.html

It’s completely spot on. Relevant to a much wider fan culture and even just internet culture but seems particularly bad in gamer culture and much of what we’ve seen play out recently I think we can see the seeds of in things like gamergate when we examine with hindsight. But while it is relevant and accurate and a light needs to be shined on it, I’d be wary of even debating any direct connection with games right now because it really is just a distraction, an attempt to shift narrative away from root causes and core factors and onto scapegoats. The more people waste time defending video games, the more credence they give it and the more video games dominate the conversation.

Comment

Bit late for April fools surely?

Comment

Definitely relevant to this thread but also to some discussions we've had in the IAP/lootbox thread: https://www.igamingbusiness.com/news...g-K0r3GrSsscxQ

"a study found that nearly half of worldwide social media users who engage with esports betting posts on Twitter are under the age of 16, while the majority of tweets flout UK advertising rules"

"The analysis also showed that 74% of esports tweets and 68% of traditional sports tweets “appeared not to comply with advertising regulations in some way”. Examples given by the researchers included presenting gambling as an income source, encouraging gambling at unsociable times and, especially, showing a person under the age of 25 in a gambling advertisement."

"The report claims that the esports betting market is predicted to be worth almost $30bn by 2020, while, according to GambleAware CEO Marc Etches, one in eight 11 to 16-year-olds follow a gambling company on social media."

Where it ties into the IAP thread discussions is simple: the industry chooses not to regulate itself so at some point enforcement becomes essential.

Comment

Thoughts, Prayers and Videogames, Politicians blame video games for violence — but the data doesn’t back them up. - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/o...jI3hM1L8adWMX4

Comment

Cheaper pricing on games in the UK in the last 12 months (?!) is cited as a noteable cause in lower than expected inflation (!!)

Comment

Cheaper pricing on games in the UK in the last 12 months (?!) is cited as a noteable cause in lower than expected inflation (!!)
                            I heard that and was confused as hell. I wondered if I'd missed something.

Comment

NINTENDO KILLED MY ECONOMY

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X