No announcement yet.

Mega Drive Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millionaires don't want you to watch this video! Remember Yakumo? You won't believe what he looks like now!
    Last edited by endo; 19-09-2019, 22:06.

Comment

No cleavage thumbnail.

Comment

Mine shipped from Amazon today also. I cancelled the tower and mega cd pre order in the end.

Comment

Mine arrived. The wife rolled her eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            You mean the printout of the internals of the mega cd inside the mega cd even has a sonic cd image in there I think it pulls apart from the Twitter post I saw.
            Yep, made a separate video about that. So cool.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Lol Yakumo you are all about that clickbait
              Sadly that's what I have to do these days thanks to all the ass clowns doing the same crap. At least my thumbnail is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                No cleavage thumbnail.
                Top off for the next one yakumo

Comment

DHL originally said mine would arrive from amazon.jp next week but just had a text to say it'll be here today- bonus!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Top off for the next one yakumo
                    That’s the top tier patreon rewards lol

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      That’s the top tier patreon rewards lol
                      More like only on his private subscription-only SnapChat, amirite?

Comment

Has this been hacked yet ?

Comment

I was lucky enough to receive mine yesterday from amazon.
                          A couple of quick observations from me:

- Really impressed with the attention to detail on the unit itself, a lot of love went into the aesthetics of this.
                          - Holding start on the bundled six button pad does not go to the main menu, instead you just click the right mode trigger.
                          - Using the Retrobit USB Saturn pad (for those that get the UK variant with only three buttons) works, but the menu movement becomes really slippery and over sensitive e.g. if you want to go to the next game you often skip over it to the second one instead. Right trigger on this pad will go to the menu (Do not hold Start on this pad, it changes the pad to and from X input which will freeze control until you hold start again to switch back)
                          - Scanlines (which I usually opt for) are not good, in fairness they call it CRT which does use scanlines but also an added blurriness..its like an RGB Composite hybrid. Although I quite like the look of MUSHA in this mode.
                          - There is sound delay. It is weird as though M2 have tweaked certain aspects: for example in Bare Knuckle 2, when you punch a baddie the sound effect hits exactly as the visual hit effect appears on screen which is great. However, when you jump there are two sound effects, one for ascent and one for landing. The landing sound effect should hit as soon as you land, but it does not, its off by a little bit... Yakumo if you have availability please can you see if you notice it too, I used Axel.
                          -Turn on Game mode if you have a Samsung TV

Comment

I'm hoping that once it's hacked modders will tweak the filter settings. On the SNES Mini you were forced to have scanlines with blurring, and then they fixed it so you could have scanlines without blurring, and it looks gorgeous.

Originally posted by devilcrush View Post
                            - Holding start on the bundled six button pad does not go to the main menu, instead you just click the right mode trigger.
                            - Using the Retrobit USB Saturn pad (for those that get the UK variant with only three buttons) works, but the menu movement becomes really slippery and over sensitive e.g. if you want to go to the next game you often skip over it to the second one instead. Right trigger on this pad will go to the menu (Do not hold Start on this pad, it changes the pad to and from X input which will freeze control until you hold start again to switch back)
                            Is this what I should be ordering?

Multiple reviews say the d-pad is garbage. Should I try to order a Japanese 6 button pad from somewhere? Will this have been manufactured by someone else? Or is the quality of the JPN and EU 6 button pads the same?

Comment

I have the clear blue Mega Drive connector variant, that I use for my original MD which it works brilliantly for. They are good pads, but IMO the d-pad feels a bit looser compared to the bundled six button pad of JPN Mega Drive mini (this might be because it is brand new).

The Saturn controller of the three has the loosest/spongiest d-pad. It only really appears to affect the menu, in game seems to be OK; I managed to get through SF2 last night with no trouble pulling off fireballs/dragon punches.

The strange thing with both Retrobit's USB Saturn and original connector Mega Drive pads is that the d-pads can be clicked in just like an R3/L3 button. I get this for a USB/Windows variant, but it cant have a use for the original Mega Drive connector model and you cannot do this on the bundled six button controller(s).

The Retrobit Mega Drive controller is slightly larger with more grip space than the Mini's bundled controller but the buttons and d-pad, as far as I can tell, look the same size.
                              Last edited by devilcrush; 22-09-2019, 12:48. Reason: grammar

Comment

Kernel dumped and it would appear the CPU is running underclocked at 1GHz instead of the 1.3GHz it should be running at...

Comment

Working...
                                X