The Car Thread: Mark III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Rear light housing leaked water in. Common problem, remedied by the garage. No other issues up to about 30k miles iirc
    Cheers great to hear yes heard the condensation in headlights is known issue. Seems a very reliable car.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      This happened in the old crx mk2. I remedied by drilling a hole in the bottom 😂
      I won’t try this Lol

Comment

Shame, it was pretty cool otherwise.

Looking at a Peugeot 3008 now

Comment

Who designs a car without cup holders?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            Shame, it was pretty cool otherwise.

Looking at a Peugeot 3008 now

I've got a 2017 Peugeot 5008 which is it's big brother. Great car for family driving and even in the 1.6 diesel we've got it's not that underpowered (which is a main criticism)... Just stick it in sport.

We bought it simply because we liked how it looked and the 5008 model has 3 ISOFIX independent seats in the middle row and two additional in the boot...

For 3 kids under 5 it's pretty much the perfect car.

Comment

I'm looking at three possible vehicles for the incoming arrival.

Peugeot 5008
              Citroen C5 Aircross
              Citroen C4 Spacetourer

Having owned a Peugeot 207 and saying that I'd never buy another French car the irony is not lost on me.

Comment

Anyone who buys french cars should be kicked into a coma. Woeful crap.

Comment

Peugeot 207 is an absolute dog of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                    Peugeot 207 is an absolute dog of a car.
                    I bought it 6 years ago and it was my first car.

I didn't know any better. Honest guv.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      Anyone who buys french cars should be kicked into a coma. Woeful crap.
                      This man gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                        I've got a 2017 Peugeot 5008 which is it's big brother. Great car for family driving and even in the 1.6 diesel we've got it's not that underpowered (which is a main criticism)... Just stick it in sport.

We bought it simply because we liked how it looked and the 5008 model has 3 ISOFIX independent seats in the middle row and two additional in the boot...

For 3 kids under 5 it's pretty much the perfect car.
                        I test drove the 2l GT model when I looked at my last company car, but the depreciation they suffer made it a no go for a lease car.
                        However this plays into my hands now I’m looking for buy a car.
                        Another one with a really slick interior and every gadget under the sun

Comment

Yeah I drove the 2L version and almost bought one but then a 1.6L GT line ex-demo came up with only 4,000 on the clock so I haggled and got that.

It's the wife's car more than mine but it's a great car to drive and I honestly don't miss the extra grunt from the 2L now I know how to drive it. We drive an hour or so down to Devon to see family pretty regular and I'm always flicking it into sport to overtake. Never really felt like it needed more even fully loaded with the kids in the back.

The interior is really what sets it apart. The dashboard is slick and has wireless charging and a massive screen, plus maps appear in the main digital screen as well so if you're going off navigation you can have it front and centre.

Just has a lot of nice touches throughout. You can even take the back seats out of the boot entirely saving you a good 22kg in weight and adding extra space. We did that when we drove to France last year and filled up all that under floor space with booze on the way back. Very handy!

Comment

Got up this morning and washed both the Lexus and the Peugeot. Checked fluid levels etc.

Peugeot was very low on coolant so went and bought some. Filled her up and then took her to get some fuel and inflate the tyres. Then took her for a spin between junctions 6 and 7 on the ME (basically either end of Basingstoke where I live). Got home and noticed mild smell of burning plastic. Popped the bonnet and no smoke but notice some liquid near the dipstick. Check under.care and there's a constant dripping of coolant onto the drive. It's stopped now but have booked it into the local garage round the corner next Tuesday to check it over. I've a sneaky feeling that it's going to cost more than the car is probably worth.

****sticks. I could do without another stupid expense while on furlough.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Got up this morning and washed both the Lexus and the Peugeot. Checked fluid levels etc.

Peugeot was very low on coolant so went and bought some. Filled her up and then took her to get some fuel and inflate the tyres. Then took her for a spin between junctions 6 and 7 on the ME (basically either end of Basingstoke where I live). Got home and noticed mild smell of burning plastic. Popped the bonnet and no smoke but notice some liquid near the dipstick. Check under.care and there's a constant dripping of coolant onto the drive. It's stopped now but have booked it into the local garage round the corner next Tuesday to check it over. I've a sneaky feeling that it's going to cost more than the car is probably worth.

****sticks. I could do without another stupid expense while on furlough.
                              No more limited edition consoles for you

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                No more limited edition consoles for you
                                No more hot meals either!

Comment

Working...
                                X