Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was thinking the same with PSO!

Comment

Yep , most my stuff was in crates but now I have a dedicated room so when I put them all in alphabetical order I realised I didn't have them , I call it ' im getting old ' lol

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
        Yep , most my stuff was in crates but now I have a dedicated room so when I put them all in alphabetical order I realised I didn't have them , I call it ' im getting old ' lol
        I assumed it was more to focus on the rarer / more expensive stuff first then go back & get the cheap easy stuff at the end

What are you still missing?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Switch games are just generally expensive anyway, even in the UK etc. Nice haul of games though, am I right in saying Clannad and FFX/X-2 both include English language too?

Those bloody Esp.Ra.De and classic erotic visual novel loving kids, ruining it for all of us![/INDENT]

[/COLOR]
          Lol, it doesn't matter about the title, or at least nit here. It's about the platform they are on. For example, bayonetta re-release with Vanquish is way cheaper than the Nintendo release. It's just crazy to be honest and one reason why my son sold his switch. He always said it was unfair daddy could buy games for under 1000 yen but his always cost more.
          I have no idea how it is in the West but in Japan its quite odd. This explains why import prices on Switch are quite high.

Comment

The reason is on sony & microsoft systems it's like a race to the bottom for sales the games devalue so fast that they are worth almost nothing if you resell them on a year later, within almost weeks of release they are already dropping in price. People rinse & sell on fast as possible to get some of their money back nobody seems to savour their games in the gaming general population anymore. I choose very carefully when i buy PS4 stuff as if i get a turd i'm pretty much gonna have to eat the cost as i'll hardly get anything back if i try to sell it on. With nintendo stuff if i ever want to get rid i'll be guaranteed a great resell price.

Nintendo have specifically said they don't do the kind of agressive sale slashing of prices like on other systems as it devalues their brand and the fact that nintendo stuff holds it's value is proof of that. People hold onto the games because quite franky it's of higher quality as in pretty much all nintendo first party titles are properly finished and don't require a 30 gig day one patch to get it running properly.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Switch games are just generally expensive anyway, even in the UK etc. Nice haul of games though, am I right in saying Clannad and FFX/X-2 both include English language too?

Those bloody Esp.Ra.De and classic erotic visual novel loving kids, ruining it for all of us![/INDENT]

[/COLOR]
              Yes, both Clannad and FFX/FFX2 have English language options. Buying Japanese versions saves on all the faff which comes with LRG pre-orders for the former and saves having a gimped cart with lesser cover art for the latter. I just had to have ESP Ra.De as it’s one of my favourite shmups of all time and this is the first time it’s ever been ported to a console.

I guess the upside to the games costing so much is like others here have mentioned, the resale value is high if ever I need to cash my chips in. The buyer’s remorse I’ve felt ever since sending the money via PayPal in the knowledge I could’ve bought digital versions of the first two for much less and just emulated the third on my RG-350M is beginning to subside a little.

The new Densha De Go will be my next import - or indeed game - for the Switch.

Comment

Classic Street Fighter games buying never ends rainbow hyper edition.

Zero 2 overkill? Yes but came as a set so...

Last edited by Baseley09; 16-01-2021, 12:06.

Comment

I assumed it was more to focus on the rarer / more expensive stuff first then go back & get the cheap easy stuff at the end

What are you still missing?

Neil
                  One more arrived today, bought it for a tenner new and still sealed cheap as chips because the back of the case was like this , Roadsters

I'll case swop it with one from Who wants to be a Millionaire, I bought a few of them years ago from Gamestation for 99p each. Them were the days.

Left to get ,

Jimmy White.
                  Monaco Racing 2
                  Timestalkers
                  And a blimming expensive one !

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                    One more arrived today, bought it for a tenner new and still sealed cheap as chips because the back of the case was like this , Roadsters

I'll case swop it with one from Who wants to be a Millionaire, I bought a few of them years ago from Gamestation for 99p each. Them were the days.

Left to get ,

Jimmy White.
                    Monaco Racing 2
                    Timestalkers
                    And a blimming expensive one !
                    Timestalkers is a guilty pleasure of mine. Not a bad game if you are okay with the mechanics of a Roguelike.

Is the blimming expensive one Borderdown or is this just a PAL set? If the latter then is it that weird French Taxi game?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      Yes, both Clannad and FFX/FFX2 have English language options. Buying Japanese versions saves on all the faff which comes with LRG pre-orders for the former and saves having a gimped cart with lesser cover art for the latter. I just had to have ESP Ra.De as it’s one of my favourite shmups of all time and this is the first time it’s ever been ported to a console.

I guess the upside to the games costing so much is like others here have mentioned, the resale value is high if ever I need to cash my chips in. The buyer’s remorse I’ve felt ever since sending the money via PayPal in the knowledge I could’ve bought digital versions of the first two for much less and just emulated the third on my RG-350M is beginning to subside a little.

The new Densha De Go will be my next import - or indeed game - for the Switch.
                      Was kinda annoyed when I found out that the JP version did English too for X/X-2 - went out of my way to get an Asian release. Quickly realised that I don't especially care for the portability side of things and sold it on though... Just bought it again yesterday on PS4 for £13. Pretty much only using my Switch for exclusives.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Lol, it doesn't matter about the title, or at least nit here. It's about the platform they are on. For example, bayonetta re-release with Vanquish is way cheaper than the Nintendo release. It's just crazy to be honest and one reason why my son sold his switch. He always said it was unfair daddy could buy games for under 1000 yen but his always cost more.
                        I have no idea how it is in the West but in Japan its quite odd. This explains why import prices on Switch are quite high.
                        Yeah, it’s exactly the same here - Switch games are exponentially more expensive than their PS or Xbox equivalents a lot of the time.

Comment

I have no problem paying more for switch games, it's the price you pay for the benefit of having it as a home console but also the novelty of playing out & about if you want to as well. The only issue i have with switch stuff is that garbage practise of only putting half the game on the cart and then making the other half a mandatory download and thankfully it's only certain 3rd party devs that pull that crap so now i just avoid anything they release on switch. They need to make it clear with a huge notice on the back of the box that you are only getting half the game.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            I have no problem paying more for switch games, it's the price you pay for the benefit of having it as a home console but also the novelty of playing out & about if you want to as well. The only issue i have with switch stuff is that garbage practise of only putting half the game on the cart and then making the other half a mandatory download and thankfully it's only certain 3rd party devs that pull that crap so now i just avoid anything they release on switch. They need to make it clear with a huge notice on the back of the box that you are only getting half the game.
                            But we can do that on Xbox too. The streaming service is very good. So good I was actually surprised. I expected a laggy crap feast but that isn't the case.

Comment

I'm assuming it's done to a phone/tablet? I have a hillarious image in my head of someone outside with a xbox in a backpack with a tv strapped on and a generator

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                I'm assuming it's done to a phone/tablet? I have a hillarious image in my head of someone outside with a xbox in a backpack with a tv strapped on and a generator
                                Yep, just Slap the phone in to a dule holder so basically is looks like a switch, only slimmer. Very surprised at how well this service works.

Comment

Working...
                                X