No announcement yet.

Genshin Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still playing at around the 150 hour mark and got a lot out of it but I think my journey may be coming to a break until they add a new area to explore. I've got some absolutely amazing characters some crazy weapons and all from a mainly free to play account as well, Hu Tao, Kerching, and Qiqi are the three five stars I've managed to pull so far and, I've had a blast leveling them up exploring the map and playing through the two story lines as well as some really fun side stuff.

It can be pretty funny in places too i really enjoyed the Liyu storyline parts with Quqi the little girl zombie who delivers every line in a really dry and deadpan way. The level of detail and care put into this world is not something you tend to find in free to play stuff and I can't stress enough that while you can pump money into this game if you want to its not needed in the slightest nothing is blocked off.

Comment

getting alittle annoyed with how slow adventure rank is to level, locking me out of the main story, just cleared AR30 and need 35 for the next story bit.

As for other things, had ago at the ice mountain which is quite fun working out the environmental puzzles, got lucky with free gacha rolls getting me the new Ice bow guy with optionable melee blades as his tactical, farmed a bunch of unlock materials for 5 weapons and 5 characters getting most of them to level 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
        getting alittle annoyed with how slow adventure rank is to level, locking me out of the main story, just cleared AR30 and need 35 for the next story bit.

As for other things, had ago at the ice mountain which is quite fun working out the environmental puzzles, got lucky with free gacha rolls getting me the new Ice bow guy with optionable melee blades as his tactical, farmed a bunch of unlock materials for 5 weapons and 5 characters getting most of them to level 50.
        Have you done any of the side story bits yet, the quests that are focused on specific characters give you a ton of adventure rank as well as level up books materials and primogems. Klee's story is brill, they nail the humor perfectly of this pyromaniac kid who seems far to adept at creating massive explosive devices.

You get adventure rank for exploring and opening up the whole map and unlocking all the dungeon domain things and fast travel points, if you haven't ventured to Liyue yet there is a ton of AR that you will get really quickly as well as a ton of side quests to do.

I've got my first character to max level (a lvl 90 Hu Tao ) she just annihilates everything its a real balance of risk reward too as the lower her health goes the higher her damage, waiting till the last minute to pop your super and steal life from a big group of enemy's is pretty cool too. I'm now working on getting Kerching to lvl 90 too. i have a lot of characters at lvl 80 now too and loads more to do so don't seem to be running out of things to do either.
        Last edited by Lebowski; 27-04-2021, 13:01.

Comment

Producing the Sounds of Liyue

I love seeing stuff like this.

Comment

Still playing, spent my first bit on money on the 3000units spread over 30 days for £5, combined with just adventuring, levelling up and quests i think i gacha rolled 5x 10 wishes, ended up (always forget their names) with the 5star water bow/blade badguy, rock and roll fire girl, the Geo Qinque Boss Lady and alchemist girl that casts wind, not bad at all.

Managed to clear the last of the geo and anemo collectables with the help of the craftable one-shot compasses, and found out about the hidden use of dailies points to unlock purple keys for more story quests and the visual novel like dating crap (saw this in the event tab which keyed me in al...). Also messed around with the home teapot stuff, mainly doing just to get more currencies and seems pretty easy to level up.

Currently sticking to world level 4 so i can farm my main 6 characters to level 70, their weapons, accessories and talents, which requires some darn graft and grind, and then work on getting another 4 characters (covering water/fire/ice/thunder) users to at least level 60 so i can take on the split party abyss challenges which start at 5.

If i reach battlepass lvl50(at lvl32) in the next 15 days.. i may spend the £8 to get all that extra stuff, the level up materials and mora are needed badly.

Comment

You get a pretty good weapon from the battle pass too, i tend to buy the welkin moon and the battle pass so i guess that means as long as i play it I'm spending about £11 a month on it, you dont need to spend this as the battle pass has a free track which also gives you free wishes and loads of materials. I have been playing it since December and have been pretty lucky with the characters i have got, i have a ton of five stars, Venti, Hu Tao, Quqi, and Kerching, Hu Tao who's burst attack dose about 30,000 a hit is one of my fave characters as she hits harder the lower her health gets, keeping her health low and then working out the best time to pop her super that refills her health is a real balancing act.

The steady flow of back to back events that rotate in every other week is something I've not seen in any other loot based games which means their is always something new popping up. I think that they must have a massive team working on this just to keep the new content flowing. The current event is a themed dungeon with multiple challenges that buffs certain attacks and lets you preview new characters, its pretty cool in that like most events you get premium currency and Level up materials in large quantities just for playing it.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 25-05-2021, 10:04.

Comment

played a quite abit of 1.6 update, feels like mini-windwaker set around 3-4 new small islands.

I'll assuming by some of the stuff that is underwater and marks on the island the water level of the ocean will lower at some point in the story. Did 2000 points worth of the mini game which bought every in the event shop and cleared our chapter 1 of the event reward achievements.

The costume stuff, Barbara's is earned in the event and Jean's is bought with about £15.00 of real money(can only use genesis on it so it hard £££ or nothing), nothing i'll stump for, £15 of a skin is too much for me (*cough*Apex) and it no where near skimpy enough either.

also setup 5 companions in the teapot house, the stronger your friendship the more talking options options you have.

Lebowski, i need help getting the traveling teapot saleman achievements for buying from another players teapot for the main teapot rewards and weekly season pass, are you able to help?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post

Lebowski, i need help getting the traveling teapot saleman achievements for buying from another players teapot for the main teapot rewards and weekly season pass, are you able to help?
                  yeah course Lebdude is my username on PSN, you need to buy stuff on a Saturday or Sunday i think to advance that quest.

i was a little underwhelmed at the start of this event as the island area felt a little small and bland but your right the water level dose change and it opens up a massive new area with loads to explore and do its pure sunshine gaming. i sound like a broken record but this is such a generous game with so much to see and do and it never feels half arsed.

The combat is fun and engaging too, the endgame bits like the spiral abyss requires you to really build up your team and actually get good at creating elemental reactions it also requires you to bring good mix of elements if you want to get through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    yeah course Lebdude is my username on PSN, you need to buy stuff on a Saturday or Sunday i think to advance that quest.

i was a little underwhelmed at the start of this event as the island area felt a little small and bland but your right the water level dose change and it opens up a massive new area with loads to explore and do its pure sunshine gaming. i sound like a broken record but this is such a generous game with so much to see and do and it never feels half arsed.

The combat is fun and engaging too, the endgame bits like the spiral abyss requires you to really build up your team and actually get good at creating elemental reactions it also requires you to bring good mix of elements if you want to get through it.
                    thanks, aye the teapot dude only turns up friday night to some time on sunday.

It's hours of content, and i have managed to clear it all, world quests, story quest(so far), 32 shells, all chests(i think), and all the challenges (so far), got enough for a gacha spin which got me Klee and surprising Mona.

Comment

You can’t buy from others teapots on a Friday for some reason got caught out with it myself

Wow that’s quite a drop how did you get two 5 stars from one pull

Comment

this is why i should stick to calling characters by their traits, by Klee i meant Fischl the chuuni thunder bow girl, and Mona the the dirt poor water mage, too much Klee recently from quests to get access to the islands, Mona story quest and the island quests themselves. Never had a 5 star and 4 star in the same roll before.

Comment

Mona is pretty strong I’d build her up as water characters create some amazing reactions for pyro or electro.

Comment

Now i have Klee , thanks to the new event throwing 60p at me a clear, and the internet quiz throwing 50k at me a day is nice to.

Absolute unit which i've paired with the dodo book from the event, need to sort out the burning witch artifacts for her and i'll have a full Nu'Gundam funnel death going on.

Comment

Nice id really like Klee as she looks fun to use shes also quite funny being this 10 year old who's a pyromaniac that keep burning and blowing stuff up has had me chuckling at her story quests. My top tip would be Don't focus to heavily on artifacts until your at least AR 45 as at this point your guaranteed one gold tier item per run. Dont be to worried about increasing your world level either, I'm AR55 with mostly lvl 80s and the rewards you get from bosses and domains are a lot better the higher you are, Ive yet to come across anything i cant do either.

I got the platinum for this on ps5 over the weekend too, the most difficult bit was the final few floors of the spiral abyss (an arena type challenge that requires you to take a team though 12 challenges). The final floor really dose feel like you need two full teams of lvl 80 characters with amazing weapons and artifacts to really do well. i scraped through with two strong DPS characters and some mediocre support, I feel like if i really wanted to do well i need to really focus on my support characters. It's really tempting to get a new character and focus all your time and resources on them to try and get their potential out, its why i have so many un-optimised lvl 80s on my account.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 28-06-2021, 13:39.

Comment

im pretty close to AR50, after sitting on AR45 and world rank4(should have been 5) to farm bosses as i didn't have good fire elemental user, amber just useless in a fight mostly outside being the closer for the electro anemo, bow charging just takes so looooong. I knew about improved rewards from looking at the level80+ domains but didn't know the +5 artifacts get better starting stats(i assume that's what you mean).

I'll be holding at AR49 and not rank up until i can cap weapon's 80, 2 more characters to 70(alchemist wind mage, and claymore ice boy), and cap talents. At moment it's Beidou (thunder counter pirate), Barbara and now Klee that get all my currencies/upgrades/exp first . I would use the Traveller more if the damned meteor drop didn't half the time have an enemy sitting on top of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X