No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have both already for wii when it released.

Comment

I'm sure we've had this conversation before...

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        what does that even mean? have i just been turned into a verb?

To do an Importaku (slang) verb: the act of seemingly buying endless weird stuff from Japan lol. I mean sure guilty as charged, i am probably the only person in leeds mad enough to end up buying a controller for dragon quest battle road victory on the wii.
        On the plus side, if you get the sword out, you'll become king of England.

Comment

Lol not much of a bonus that, I’m not inbred enough to be royal. The arcade machine is way more impressive as the sword is full sized, one of my regrets is not collecting the card sets for that thing as they work on the wii version via a DSi app that lets you use the camera to scan in the cards to add them to your game.

(Edit) drum finally arrived but I’m stuck at work, will test it out & take some pics when I get home. Hoping it survived the trip to the uk.
          Last edited by importaku; 07-06-2021, 10:35.

Comment

Lol not much of a bonus that, I’m not inbred enough to be royal.
            It's the "enough" part that worries me here. *holds up hand* gimme six!

Comment

Well i have unboxed my monster tattacon, not plugged it in yet as i'll need to read through the page of japanese instructions that came with it to work out how to set it up i roughly know how it's meant to go but i need to double check to be sure i don't screw it up and break something. It seems nothing got broken physically on it's way to the UK, seems like they put everything in a decent configuration in the box. Comes with the drum some wooden feet and a USB cable to plug into the control box and then whatever control boxes you chose. Oh & a foam tile to kill the noise from vibrations & stop it sliding lol like thats ever gonna be an issue it weighs a ton.

I chose switch & pc for my interface boxes as that will give me the max use out of this thing, the ps4 version of taiko is no longer supported by bandai namco plus i can't justify several hundred buying all the song packs for that. Already have all the packs for the switch version as that one is still getting monthly song pack releases.

Although they are not commercially mass made like the official hori ones they are still really high quality all the same, the rubber is solid and the core is MDF so the recoil when you drum is identical to the arcades, the sensors inside are also a lot higher quality than the cheaper hori drum so there should be no missed hits ever.

The cable that comes from it is some weird custom one making me think that they actually kept the cable wiring from the arcade

With legs finally attached, pleasingly sturdy they use hand tighten wingnuts so i can adjust it to my liking. May try on my day off to dig out my hori pro drum and use the stand and see if it will fit on that as that i can adjust the angle of the drum.

And in case anyone's actually curious just how big it is, that's the regular official hori drum controller next to it it's so tiny in comparison.

{edit} finally plugged it in and configured it. Holy crap the sensitivity is amaaaaaazing, the hits are dead on and super responsive i was dreading it having lag but no such worry. As it's missing all the navigation buttons off the official hori controller you have to navigate menus using the buttons on the interface box but there's enough to get you into the game & i found you can have a second pad to change settings & stuff then when you are ready go into controller grip order menu and swap taikoforce back to player one and continue. Not perfect but a easy workaround.
              Last edited by importaku; 16-06-2021, 07:51.

Comment

Oh man that’s awesome!

Comment

Most recent box arrived this morning from Amazon J/Tenso with the newest wave of stuff i had preordered/caved in & bought.

Game builder garage, as navi tsuki! tsukuttewakaru hajimete game programming is a bloody mouth full

uk digital is a total joke when the jp ver has full english and it's physical and came with a set of nodon information cards and even amazon bundled in a special themed microfiber cloth and still cost less than the uk digital version, thank **** for been able to import.

Manifold garden physical release and worlds end club, not quite sure why manifold garden came with a roll of themed washi tape & a soundtrack but seeing as both were totally free i'm happy with it.

Animal forest new horizons soundtrack box set & a pacman figure

The soundtrack set is especially nice the books are packed with fun info and art, will pop those cd's on later.

Comment

Nice stuff!

I assume Worlds End Club is full English?

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                      Nice stuff!

I assume Worlds End Club is full English?
                      Yup both text & voices although you can switch those back to japanese if you like, thats what i did i have english text with original voice cast.

Also anyone curious about the jp version of manifold garden, that's in full english too although there's not exactly a ton of text in that game anyway but all the menus are english.
                      Last edited by importaku; 17-06-2021, 13:37.

Comment

Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Maybe it's worth me creating a thread of import games for switch to list the ones that do go into english. As some of the 3rd party stuff it's a nightmare trying to figure out if it's got english in there or not. Although i don't mind playing in japanese for simpler games, for some where it's complex and tied to the gameplay (cough professor layton) i find i have to stick to english.

Comment

Twilight Zone pinball table you big tease

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Twilight Zone pinball table you big tease
                              Shamefully it's been neglected at the moment haven't played on it in over a year there's a pile of crap sitting on the glass, need to open it and do mantinence at some point as it hasn't been cleaned inside in a long time but i keep the insides clean so it shouldn't have gotten too grubby in there as i'm not playing hundreds of games a week although i imagine some of the switch contacts will be oxidized again and require cleaning. Did have to take the batteries out of the holder in the backbox as the bloody things leaked thankfully it only just started but i had to neutralize the acid that had crusted on one of the connectors in case it seeped onto the motherboard. Now i lost all my play settings and history i have kept the data since i got it over 14 years ago but it's too risky leaving the batteries in.

Comment

Maybe it's worth me creating a thread of import games for switch to list the ones that do go into english. As some of the 3rd party stuff it's a nightmare trying to figure out if it's got english in there or not. Although i don't mind playing in japanese for simpler games, for some where it's complex and tied to the gameplay (cough professor layton) i find i have to stick to english.
                                I think that's a lot of effort for others who could simply paste the title into the Nintendo website and find out (look for 英語 people!).

On another note, Crayonshin-chan Bokunatsu is only in Japanese.

Comment

Working...
                                X