Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
    .Viz?
    My fave bit of this post is the "." at the start to get around the minimum 5 character post restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Horse and Hound?

This whole magnetic metal particles in vaccines thing, I was thinking about that last night and realised, that must be what's causing the vaccine blood clots - after all, the particles, being magnetic will amalgamate as the north/south poles align, eventually blocking the arteries. What they should have done is create some monopole magnetic particles, that would have sorted it.
      So all we have to do is to face East or West and we're good?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        My fave bit of this post is the "." at the start to get around the minimum 5 character post restriction.
        Ooh well done sir! I tried the space as surely that is a character but it wouldn't take it.

Comment

Interesting article on the New York Times in an interview with Dr. Shi Zhengli from the state laboratory in Wuhan, the same place where Coronavirus first emerged.

"The idea that the virus may have escaped from a lab had long been widely dismissed by scientists as implausible and shunned by others for its connection with former President Donald J. Trump. But fresh scrutiny from the Biden administration and calls for greater candor from prominent scientists have brought the theory back to the fore.

Scientists generally agree that there is still no direct evidence to support the lab leak theory. But more of them now say that the hypothesis was dismissed too hastily, without a thorough investigation, and they point to a range of unsettling questions.

Some scientists say Dr. Shi conducted risky experiments with bat coronaviruses in labs that were not safe enough. Others want clarity on reports, citing American intelligence, suggesting that there were early infections of Covid-19 among several employees of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Dr. Shi has denied these accusations, and now finds herself defending the reputation of her lab and, by extension, that of her country."

By posting this link, I'm not declaring guilt or innocence, I'm just adding more context to a very volatile subject that everyone seems to have an opinion on.

(paywall dodging link)

Comment

We will never know; you're never going to be able to prove it either way (samples able to definitively link them together, should they have existed, will have long ago been destroyed) and China will never admit liability anyway (let alone compensate the entire world), so the whole exercise seems like one of futility. He says, she says.

Much better spending that resource on plans for defending against when this happens again (which it will at some point).
            Last edited by MartyG; 15-06-2021, 13:38.

Comment

I think that's what was particularly frustrating with Trump's reaction, where he was happy to blame "Chihnaah" for "kung-flu", rather than addressing that people were dying in his own country.

I'm the same as you, Marty, where I think it's more important to solve the problem at hand first, before spending time and resources on pointing fingers, although and I can understand the benefit of asking why/where/when/how it happened to prevent it happening again, or at least responding quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                although and I can understand the benefit of asking why/where/when/how it happened to prevent it happening again, or at least responding quicker.
                But I don't think that's what the aim of it would be - more finding someone to blame to excuse any short comings over the response to dealing with.

Comment

Yup, sadly you are right.

Comment

Medical experts in London today were asked if it is time to ease the COVID lockdowns.
                    Allergists were in favour of scratching it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
                    Gastroenterologists had a sort of a gut feeling about it, but Neurologists thought
                    the government had a lot of nerve.
                    Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while Ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted.
                    Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
                    Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while Radiologists could see right through it.
                    Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and Pharmacists
                    claimed it would be a bitter pill to swallow.
                    Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would
                    "put a whole new face on the matter."
                    Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but Urologists were pissed off by the whole idea.
                    Anaesthetists thought the whole idea was a gas, and Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
                    In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the arseholes in politics.

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION] that is brilliant!!

Comment

Well after all this time and both of us being double jabbed and being so careful all the time, my partner tested positive today, she got it from her workmates who got it from their partners going out on the piss because of the football.

Ive taken 4 home tests and all negative with no symptoms so that’s something at least. Even still I'm having to isolate which is annoying but not the end of the world.

Comment

Well that sucks. Fingers crossed she's OK

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Well after all this time and both of us being double jabbed and being so careful all the time, my partner tested positive today, she got it from her workmates who got it from their partners going out on the piss because of the football.

Ive taken 4 home tests and all negative with no symptoms so that’s something at least. Even still I'm having to isolate which is annoying but not the end of the world.
                              What vacancies did you guys get? I'm down for Pfizer in August. Japan seems to be only doing Pfizer or moderna.
                              Hope your missus only has a mild case.
                              Last edited by Yakumo; 14-07-2021, 23:19.

Comment

I had my first Pfizer a few weeks ago in Ikebukuro. I had no trouble beyond the injection site on my left arm being sore(I sleep on my left side so sleeping was a bit difficult) and a headache the following morning.

My second is booked for next Wednesday and I'm thinking to get it in the right arm so I can sleep more easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X