Advice from people who have sold their collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Indeed I appreciate the sentiment of that but a lot of this entire thread reads the same way. It's like this forum has become the gaming forum that doesn't actually like games!

The bottom line is we will never consume all we own. Be it clothing, cars, watches or whatever. We all have limited time any many of our purchases will not get 'full' use. It's life. Having a few too many games on your shelf isn't a big deal.
    Lol, it can seem like that at times. I think as many of us get a bit older we perhaps reflect on the investment we make in our hobby and ask ourselves if it's maybe a bit too much, just as the OP has. I'm completely hypocritical about it all mind; I'll agree with J0e that it's dumb having racks of games that you never play one minute and then I'll be in the post your gaming setups thread the next, admiring entire N64 collections or wall to wall cabs.

Comment

I don't fundamentally disagree with Daryl, it's more the notion that gaming is somehow not time worthy that is a message this forum puts across. I mean, comments that people sold their collection and kept it all with everdrives is hilarious. You still have far too many unplayed games, just you didn't pay for them. It's like an addict moving to prescribed methedrone. You haven't really given it up at all. It's the soft Brexit if you will.

Comment

There's an element of that. I love seeing OTHER PEOPLE'S collections For myself I just hang on to 10 or so games on each platform in case I play them again. Which many of them I have done.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          Fantastic post, its a real low point in an already on its arse forum. We have seen “state sponsored” trolling back up by some extremely poor modding. A once great gaming forum, now looking rather cliquey. It’s no wonder we see more and more people vote with their feet.
          *goes to missa pebble's house and knocks his door with his slippers*

C'mon! I can name 5 other forums worse than this one!

On that note, I would like to personally invite you to the "mustache forum" there are some exciting threads on there!

Will you raise the bar or merely handle it

"A Handlebar Moustache is a glorious facial hair feature, whether standing alone or crowning some other facial feature."

Comment

I bet they don’t knock growing a mustache on the mustache forum

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
              I don't fundamentally disagree with Daryl, it's more the notion that gaming is somehow not time worthy that is a message this forum puts across. I mean, comments that people sold their collection and kept it all with everdrives is hilarious. You still have far too many unplayed games, just you didn't pay for them. It's like an addict moving to prescribed methedrone. You haven't really given it up at all. It's the soft Brexit if you will.
              Yeah, I know what you mean, but we don't all feel like that mate. I'll defend gaming to my dying breath. I love it to pieces. It's central to my life and I think that's a good thing. It's good to have passions. You meet some passionless bloody people with no hobbies IRL, and they're usually terrifically dull!

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like this place, so many sound people here and the only reason I don't use it much is because it's absolutely garbage on mobile. But the point remains. I think this place needs to decide what it is, a gaming forum or just a hangout for mates.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                  I bet they don’t knock growing a mustache on the mustache forum
                  I imagine they post pics of their wax jars and mini trimming scissor collections

Comment

This place is nerdtastic!

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                      This place is nerdtastic!
                      That will become a derogatory medical condition soon

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                        I imagine they post pics of their wax jars and mini trimming scissor collections
                        I wonder if they do actually have people start threads like "Thinking of shaving off my 'tache - how do those who have done it feel afterwards?"

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I wonder if they do actually have people start threads like "Thinking of shaving off my 'tache - how do those who have done it feel afterwards?"
                          Brad, that genuinely made me laugh out loud Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                            That will become a derogatory medical condition soon
                            I do hope so, I can keep the tablets on my willy waving shelf next to my everdrive & roms

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] after reinstating the ever so amusing picture you decided to edit here I had a rather spiffing idea for a new avi only to discover that I can't change my avatar:

URL = "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."
                              Upload = "Unable to save image."

What gives?

Comment

At least 4 people need a blow job in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X