No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know when the reviews embargo is for this?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Anyone know when the reviews embargo is for this?
      5pm GMT on 7th Dec.

Although CD Projekt have asked no-one to stream until 11am GMT on the 9th Dec (not sure if this is because they have paid certain influencers to be streaming pre-release day or not).

Although I think because of Best Buy accidently shipping the game out early there are clearly those that have it already and I assume there are risks of people breaking that date.

A lot or reviewers are complaining of very late review codes so also maybe delays in the better reviewers getting their thoughts out too. Although I think some of this is just the reality of the preference publishers place on using influencers over reviews which they can't control.
      Last edited by Digfox; 06-12-2020, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Oh yes. Looking forward to this. 60fps at 4K I hope. No HDR on my TV though
        Not at native 4K. Isn’t there a performance mode and a graphics mode.
        Oh this is a last gen game on consoles at launch, the good stuff is to come

Comment

There is some leaked videos of this running on a one S. It looks bad. Serious pop up and framerate drops.

Comment

There are reports of a day one patch. So all the people who got it early are playing the jank version I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
              There are reports of a day one patch. So all the people who got it early are playing the jank version I guess.
              On Resetera someone mentions reports of a pre-launch patch in addition to the day-one patch. So from reading the reports on people playing it for 25 hrs or so there doesn't seem to be too much downside although I'm sure there are going to be many bugs and issues that will be ironed out. So for some people I imagine the trade-off is worth it. You get to avoid the spoilers, not have to endure the enforced FOMO/influencer BS and still get the benefits of the patch (and ultimately the next-gen upgrade) like everyone else for playing again.

That said I'm probably going to stay well away from this one in that I haven't seen a trailer for the game yet and I'll certainly not be watching any reviews. I find that strategy serves me well, when at some point in the future I will get around to playing it.

EDIT - others are saying the current PSN/XBL versions are 2-months old Gold/unpatched, although if that was the case how are reviewers getting a more final version. Either way I think my point is some will enjoy the thrill of playing it early.
              Last edited by Digfox; 06-12-2020, 13:26.

Comment

Quite interesting comments from Skill Up.

Comment

Console versions may be waiting on this 43gb day one patch to drop. Maybe they were just not ready. I may go in day one on PS4. If I had any sense, I'd wait six months Reviews sound quite promising so far. Bit there are the bugs.

Comment

I've read a few reviews and even the most glowing say it is just astonishingly buggy, the Gamespot review ("Cyberpunk 2077 is phenomenally buggy") in particular citing multiple immersion breaking bugs in every mission attempted ("These bugs, more than any game I've played in years, took me out of the experience often"). Eurogamer preview/discussion notes the incoming day 1 megapatch but says the release notes they've received do not address the multitude of bugs encountered ("To be honest, it is a mess right now"). Sounds bad.
                    Last edited by Golgo; 07-12-2020, 20:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                      I've read a few reviews and even the most glowing say it is just astonishingly buggy, the Gamespot review ("Cyberpunk 2077 is phenomenally buggy") in particular citing multiple immersion breaking bugs in every mission attempted. Eurogamer preview/discussion notes the incoming day 1 megapatch but says the release notes they've received do not address the multitude of bugs encountered: "To be honest, it is a mess right now."
                      I might hold off and see how the the console versions hold up after said patch.

Comment

Why are people surprised? Witcher3 was a technical disaster on launch, performance was garbage, game breaking bugs all over the place and wasn’t there also a save file bug that would corrupt your save data? Honestly it ran like half dead dog.

As for withholding console code, awesome, thats a really good sign.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-12-2020, 06:47.

Comment

Not surprised, just sharing concerns.

Comment

I mostly just want to know if the core gameplay is good, no amount of patching would fix a weak character/vehicle handling issue at the core

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              I mostly just want to know if the core gameplay is good, no amount of patching would fix a weak character/vehicle handling issue at the core
                              Yeah agreed. We've all played Skyrim (some of us on the ps3) and that to this day is a broken mess, but it's damn enjoyable.

Comment

I played 250 hours of Skyrim on PS3. My greatest gaming achievement. Frame rate decreased proportionally with progress. By the end it was like a PowerPoint.

still fun though!

Comment

Working...
                                X