X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m surprised how hard it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      It's nothing like Ryse, the combat is a dam site more fast and fluid for a start, already unlocked some new axe moves with a couple of hours play.
      The shield counter to stagger the opponent is almost exactly like Ryse as are the gory one press QTE kills. I love both and really like these BIG budget massive action games, with beautiful graphics and massive set pieces.

The game is a masterpiece, most prob the going to be the game of this Gen and take over from The Division. My only issue with the game is I much rather the original game use of the face buttons for the combat, rather than using the R1 and R2, but its a tiny issue

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        The shield counter to stagger the opponent is almost exactly like Ryse as are the gory one press QTE kills. I love both and really like these BIG budget massive action games, with beautiful graphics and massive set pieces.

The game is a masterpiece, most prob the going to be the game of this Gen and take over from The Division. My only issue with the game is I much rather the original game use of the face buttons for the combat, rather than using the R1 and R2, but its a tiny issue
        I went back and watched a vid as its been a while since i payed RYSE.

it over dose slowdown and combat is quite stunted and slow.

Comment

I went back and watched a vid as its been a while since i payed RYSE.

it over dose slowdown and combat is quite stunted and slow.
          Yeah that it is, bit but it was a launch title and hampered with MS screw up over tech, GPU limited by 20% for Kinect and let it still looked amazing and was a big buget action blockbuster . I really enjoyed it, It's a shame a sequel wasn't made and look to have built on what a great 1st step to making a fun action game with a great setting.

That said I also loved GOD Of War Acession and didn't even look for a reboot, but more than happy with what the team did for GOD V .

Comment

Yeah that it is, bit but it was a launch title and hampered with MS screw up over tech, GPU limited by 20% for Kinect and let it still looked amazing and was a big buget action blockbuster . I really enjoyed it, It's a shame a sequel wasn't made and look to have built on what a great 1st step to making a fun action game with a great setting.

That said I also loved GOD Of War Acession and didn't even look for a reboot, but more than happy with what the team did for GOD V .
            They had the engine but never went on to make the second game. Imagine if ubisoft had done that with Assassins creed the first game was a mess and didnt review well but they got it together for the second before running it into the ground with yearly remakes. I think the review scores are what killed it as it got an absolute savaging more so than most other launch games.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 23-04-2018, 15:03.

Comment

They had the engine but never went on to make the second game. Imagine if f ubisoft had done that with Assassins creed the first game was a mess and didnt review well but they got it together for the second before running it into the ground with yearly remakes. I think the review scores are what killed it as it got an absolute savaging more so than most other launch games.
              Pretty sad really as MS offered a ton of cash for the sequel but also wanted full IP rights and Crytec turned it down.

Comment

Is the pro golden balls again then, after being cobblers for a while?

Comment

My only issue with the game is I much rather the original game use of the face buttons for the combat, rather than using the R1 and R2, but its a tiny issue
                  You can remap them in the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    Is the pro golden balls again then, after being cobblers for a while?
                    I've always liked the PS 4, but not impressed with the Pro and this new model still sounds like its going to take off when playing God Of War IV and Drakes, so it's up to SONYs usual Pro build standards.

Will keep the Pro for Spiderman and then sell it on and go back to the old base unit.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      You can remap them in the settings.
                      Really, I looked in the control section and just saw a button Maps. Will check latter, when I get home

Comment

I'm enjoying the Ryse comparisons... I'm probably one of the few who actually loved that game, despite it's obvious faults. It's a real shame we never got a sequel as now it'd be on the X.

Anyway back on topic. This might be the game that finally makes me buy a PS4 (Pro). The art direction looks incredible and I love Norse mythology.

How long is it? I heard it was a fair bit lengthier than past GOW games. Plus is it totally linear or does it open out into more explorable environments? I'm refraining from watching too many videos in case of spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                          I'm enjoying the Ryse comparisons... I'm probably one of the few who actually loved that game, despite it's obvious faults. It's a real shame we never got a sequel as now it'd be on the X.

Anyway back on topic. This might be the game that finally makes me buy a PS4 (Pro). The art direction looks incredible and I love Norse mythology.

How long is it? I heard it was a fair bit lengthier than past GOW games. Plus is it totally linear or does it open out into more explorable environments? I'm refraining from watching too many videos in case of spoilers.
                          it dose open out an it kind of punishes you for not exploring, I've found tons of secrets and separate areas just by poking about which lead to new skills and upgrades, their are quite a few optional chests that require a bit of head scratching to figure out. Their are also secret doors that i cant open yet. Only about 6 hours but wow its an amazing world and i'm actually excited to get back from work and explore it more, i haven't enjoyed a single player game this much in years, game of the year so far for me.

Comment

Only had time to do Chapter One so far so it's a bit hard to judge. Visually it's right up there and the presentation is spot on, the Nordic styling evokes some of that Horizon-vibe from last year even though it's a different type of game. Combat so far seems, alright? A lot will come down to how the systems and locations open up as the game progresses I imagine but so far solid enough a rethink for the series.

Comment

Played the first couple of stages and I miss the blades of Athena, I found the combat system better when you are unarmed and use the leviathan axe for range targets

I'm sure that will change when I start levelling up and adding extra stuff

Visually it's gorgeous and will put more time into it

Comment

Another evening and wow its been a while since a game grabbed me this much, i think what i like about this is the sense of place. i spent an evening pootling about the hub area finding secrets and just listening to kratos telll storys to his son which are brilliantly dry, its just a joy being in this world and ill be sad when i finish it.

Each location is iconic with memorable landmarks that you visit multiple times as game progression is of a Metroidvania style affair with new ability's that open up previously locked off locations. I know someone who completely ignored all the side stuff and finished this in about 20ish hours, so id implore you to take a bit of time out when prompted and give the side areas a go, their is some amazing well crafted side quests and its worth doing this stuff just to hear the interplay between kratos and his son.

Comment

Working...
                                X