Gears of War 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears of War 5

Microsoft has announced three new Gears of War games: Gears of War 5, Gears Tactics and Gears Pop.Gears of War 5 is the…

Gears 5 is confirmed for XBO and PC, the sequel will hit presumably later in 2019. There's also an XCOM type game called Gears Tactic and a funkopop style game for mobiles called Gears Pop. Presumably most will only care about the mainline entry.

Comment

We believe the player should be at the center of their gaming experience and be able to harness the unique benefits of the devices they choose to play on. Nowhere is that belief more important than on the PC. As the creators of Windows, we have a unique responsibility to ensure we’re investing in experiences […]

Confirmed for release on Steam

Comment

It's also now just Gears 5, none of this "of war" stuff... No idea why they dropped it.

Comment

Gears Of Peace. A story of returning home, trying to get a job, suffering from PTSD, descending into alcoholism, ending up on the streets until Marcus eventually puts a bullet in his head. Sounds kind of dark compared with the “Of War” games.

Comment

Can't wait. Gears 4 was awesome and also features the best use of sound this gen, hoping for more of the same and for it to really push the One X

Comment

I'll always call of Gears of War, simply Gears in official terms is a dumb name that loses its context.

Comment

Just ‘Gears’ sounds cooler. Gears of War sounds really noughties. And not in a good way.

Comment

Gears 5 makes me think of an iOS mobile F2P racing game, something like Asphalt

Comment

Yes, it's all subjective. But I think the rebranding is fine.

I hope this game is quite a big step forward. I played Gears 4 for the first time recently and it's fine in co-op - and gets a huge thumbs up for featuring local coop, which is how I played it - but I think I would have found it really boring in single player. It's very much the exact same game that it was back in ~2006 when the first title released. It plays well but it did feel awfully dated.

Comment

14 minutes of Gears 5 gameplay, looks... meh-yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/06/0...scape-gameplay

14 minutes of Gears 5 gameplay, looks... meh-yeah?
                        Proper meh.

Comment

Haha, funny to look at my post above - 'I hope this game is quite a big step forward'. Nope, looks exactly the same as Gears 4

I'll play it on Game Pass, but I'm really not holding my breath for this one at all.

Comment

I’m tired of Gears. I was never a mega fan, but I couldn’t even find the energy to finish 4.

Comment

I tried this out yesterday. Seems well outdated to me.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X