Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, it's brilliant, though I think my wife might be getting irked at how often I'm sneaking it on.

I love that its so tiny and it's just an HDMI hook up, no faffing about with scalers, multiple systems and all their wiring. I might get one of those fancy flirc cases for it but that's about it.

I actually sold the very last retro item I owned on Monday, I'm 100% clean now, not a single thing left.

Comment

I’m looking forward to the Vita arriving... I’m going to use that for anything retro that isn’t Neo•Geo, and see how I get on. I think there’s more PSone and PSP games I want to have a crack on than actual native software.

Comment

Carpet fitted so I can put the game room back together:

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Carpet fitted so I can put the game room back together:
          What's that funky looking computer to the right? What games do you play on it?

Comment

It's an Amiga [MENTION=9026]jamesy[/MENTION].

Nice t see you getting things back together [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], long time coming!

Comment

Been months! Still got doors to put back on and a load of stuff to clear out but I was too excited to not post lol. Ossc needs adjusting as it's configured for the TV downstairs at the moment.
              I have a replacement Amiga 2000 case sticker on the way and I'm contemplating getting a vampire or terrible fire accelerator card for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                It's an Amiga @jamesy.

Nice t see you getting things back together @Brad, long time coming!
                Ah right pretty cool looking. I usually only see the Amiga 500/600/1200 style ones with the keyboard built together.

Comment

Big box Amigas are a bit daft these days. Back in the day you needed a big box to put all the expansion cards in but today you can make a dinky little Amiga 600 run like 20 times quicker than the fastest Amiga ever made. With 128mb ram and a compact flash and HDMI output. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Big box Amigas are a bit daft these days. Back in the day you needed a big box to put all the expansion cards in but today you can make a dinky little Amiga 600 run like 20 times quicker than the fastest Amiga ever made. With 128mb ram and a compact flash and HDMI output. Crazy!
                    Mmmm very tempting!!

Kind of funny to think that I've spent so much money over the years buying retro stuff, yet have done as good as nothing on the Amiga front which I loved so much when I had mine.

Super Cars 1 & 2 .

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like chao40.

My revised retro setup, featuring the JVC broadcast monitor that I picked up from CMcK of these forums last month. While the photos don't do it justice, I'm loving the picture quality of the monitor - really true colours, sharp edges and lovely (soft) scanlines. Not to mention a ton of adjustment options! I'm sure it's not quite up there with the Sony PVMs, but it's far better than any consumer CRT I've known.

It's also interesting to me to see how much I've slimmed down my collection since my post in this thread five years ago (on page 2)
                      Last edited by danstan21; 31-10-2018, 15:54.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                        It's also interesting to me to see how much I've slimmed down my collection since my post in this thread five years ago (on page 2)
                        I spy a nice Victor Saturn and a guitar heroes guitar. Nice! I'll have to dig out my guitar too. Feel like playing some beatles and strangely some Duran Duran base lines recently. How odd
                        Last edited by Yakumo; 31-10-2018, 22:36.

Comment

Sorry, double post

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            I spy a nice Victor Saturn and a guitar heroes guitar. Nice! I'll have to dig out my guitar too. Feel like playing some beatles and strangely some Duran Duran base lines recently. How odd
                            You'd be right! My Saturn library is looking a little slim these days though - all of the shmups I'd go for are way too expensive to warrant actually owning...

The GH games are such a product of the mid-noughties, but I sure do have a lot of memories with them. It's a shame they ran it into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                              You'd be right! My Saturn library is looking a little slim these days though - all of the shmups I'd go for are way too expensive to warrant actually owning...

The GH games are such a product of the mid-noughties, but I sure do have a lot of memories with them. It's a shame they ran it into the ground.
                              I actually don't like any of the Guitar Heroes games. The style and music they featured never appealed to me. I much preferred Rock Band.

Comment

Any one for a double slice of pi? RGB-pi that is!

Image 6-EE8-D23-F-DA43-46-AC-A48-F-261-C8-D64978-B hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Working...
                                X