No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll need that, as well as that jailbar cack sorting out with an amp.

Beginner-scale mod, [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]? I'd rather try myself than gamble with some poor soldering job done by some cowboy.

Comment

It's fairly simple stuff I'd say yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        It's this one -

It doesn't have nice clicky microswitches but it reacts quickly to inputs so is handy for shmups. Nice sturdy metal base too.
        I also have the Master System version as well which looks almost identical but has orange buttons instead. And a handy little A>B, B>A selector switch. Playing the Japanese version of Alex Kidd with buttons mapped the opposite way is weird. The switch lets you swap them round.
        Funny, in the times I’ve owned that stick I’ve never clicked who made it. I wish I could remember who bought the awesome PCE stick I built with [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]’s help.

Comment

That's something I would like to have a bash at. Maybe sacrifice a cheap 360 stick as a base. An LS-32 and matching buttons would do.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I'll need that, as well as that jailbar cack sorting out with an amp.

Beginner-scale mod, [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]? I'd rather try myself than gamble with some poor soldering job done by some cowboy.
            Oooh sick burn!

Comment

Or a SNES classic works pretty much perfectly for pc engine it even beats magic engine I have on my pc, really nice picture full speed and those same lovely scanlines and it won’t send you to the poorhouse for games, was shocked how much some of them have risen in price since I last had one. No way I’d go for real nowadays I refuse to pay those inflated prices.

The classic front end works great for that cover art too, wish I could get a mini 3D printed pce shell made I’d then swap the tiny motherboard of the mini into it and work on hacking a pice pad to work on it. Would be a matter of then changing the graphics of the front end and bam hdmi pc engine mini.
              Last edited by importaku; 23-08-2018, 07:31.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I prefer the grey and blue.
                I have two white machines, because I love how it looks , but I also have a grey & blue CoreGrafx because it looks really cool.

I am tempted to buy a SuperGrafx, but money is tight and there are more important gaming goodies I want to get my hands on.

Comment

Even now the white pc engine docked into its cd rom interface unit is a beautiful sight to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Even now the white pc engine docked into its cd rom interface unit is a beautiful sight to behold.
                    Got to be the console line with the most good looking systems.

Comment

Yeah even the game cards are fab

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Oooh sick burn!
                          I don't mean in that way. I'd happily let him mod my consoles if he wants.

As above - I love the form factor. Only after a dozen or so games, so I don't need to worry about spending too much.

Comment

You can pull RGB right off the ext bus without modifying the console at all Dave.

Comment

For me a Duo RX is the ultimate, still want one even if they're the same as an R.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                Even the logo looks cool

Comment

Working...
                                X